Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tests

• 07-12-2012 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Have you guys done the Christmas Tests yet? If so, Have you done well?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

2 B's and 4 D's. I wasn't gonna disrupt my study scheme just to get good results in the christmas tests. Oh wait, what study scheme?

I'm only dissapointed with geography. I really like it but it keeps going wrong for me. I suppose the fact that since the start of 5th year we've had over 5 different teachers doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

2 A1's
    2 A2's
    2 B1's
    1 C1 and I didn't have a Christmas test in Applied Maths, I'm not sure how my result would be in that though :-/

Happy out though over all, now to figure out what to use all those point for . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Anyone else's english teacher insisting on giving them the WHOLE TWO PAPERS for the christmas exams? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

NO? Our English test was easy out, only testing or knowledge(or memory) of poetry and comparative.

mixery wrote: »
    NO? Our English test was easy out, only testing or knowledge(or memory) of poetry and comparative.

Our english teacher came up with this idea there last week. I was planning to take three days off to cram.
    Tbh, I have been working a xmas job and have not been getting a chance to revise as I am constantly exhausted :(
    Anyway, he decided to spread paper 1 over those three days and have us do paper 2 on the actual scheduled exam week.

:mad: It's a tad over the top really in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

3 A1s
    2 A2s
    A B1 and B3.

Pretty happy with that, 590 points. I just hope the actual LC goes as well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    Anyone else's english teacher insisting on giving them the WHOLE TWO PAPERS for the christmas exams? :confused:

yeah, my teacher gave us a full paper 2 (poetry, comparative, play, unseen poetry) like the usual thing like 2 weeks ago on a Friday after school.. 3 hours :eek:

We had an exam comprehension to do in class the other day, and then last Thursday (when it's like exam week for Xmas exams) we got QB of a comprehension and the essay for paper 1....

She can have fun correcting that much tests, seeing as there is around 25 in my class :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

absolute awful. I am now ****ting myself for the mocks!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Sp far, so bad, but I have only 2 back.
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We had ours the second week back after midterm and I did really well considering the miserable amount of work I put in, for maths I only spent 2 hours on it the night before, I just couldn't seem to set my mind to anything far enough in advance to propery study.

I'd hate to have had to do both English papers, even one would have been bad. All we had to do was a 40 mark comparative essay.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

happy considering i didn't put a whole lot of work in. if i was to convert them into points i'd get around 350 and realistically in the leaving i'll be looking for around 400.serious work starts now!!!....hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

absolute awful. I am now ****ting myself for the mocks!:eek:
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    Sp far, so bad, but I have only 2 back.
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D That's the idea to a large extent!:) You're meant to be afraid so that you get a shock and study more. Start studying more and you will have nothing to worry about, don't focus too much on those results, think about the bigger picture; the leaving cert and what your aims are for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

The Christmas Tests are an indicator of what you need to put more attention into, don't worry too much if you didnt do well, just study more and focus on what your not doing well and what your doing right dont always focus on the negative remember what you did right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I've decided to set myself an impossible task.........
    Bring (most) my C and B grades from Christmas up to As

*BOOM*

Screwed for test tomorrow... :( !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    Screwed for test tomorrow... :( !

I've Business and Accounting tomorrow! What a dose!

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I've Business and Accounting tomorrow! What a dose!

Dosed to my eyeballs kid! All nighter? Ready...set....zzzzzzzzzzzzz :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I had my accounting last week.. Went into the exam, and what happens but I forget every one of the formulas for the interpretation of accounts question...... Went horrible. ended up getting 50/100 in it :|

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Are People Nervous how are you studying ?
    When do you start

Mine are tomorrow irish hoping for a 55 a least im brickin it

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Not going to worry about Christmas tests too much tbh, it's the definition of bullsh*it especially in 6th year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement