Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre broadband in Tralee

Options
  • 07-12-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Eircom reps,
    I have two questions about fibre in Tralee, Co. Kerry. I am currently with Vodafone At Home.
    1. Will the fibre broadband service be available after the works are complete?
    2. Will the fibre broadband be available in the Manor Village area in Tralee with nearest cabinet location for full speed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi Eircom reps,
    I have two questions about fibre in Tralee, Co. Kerry. I am currently with Vodafone At Home.
    1. Will the fibre broadband service be available after the works are complete?
    2. Will the fibre broadband be available in the Manor Village area in Tralee with nearest cabinet location for full speed?

Hi Noel_ags516

I have check the fibre roll out list and the Manor Village exchange (Killerisk) is not included at the moment I' afraid. However as it is still in the installation process we have no definitive indication as to when the service will go live. The fibre roll out scheme is not going to be rolled out to every home and is "subject to availability" unfortunately we can not give indications or guarantees. It will be early next year before we will receive any further information If you would like to checked back with us then.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Noel_ags516

Ok, when the fibre cabinets are installed in the Manor Village area, will the fibre service connect to the Tralee exchange first and then the Killerisk exchange in the future?

Ok, when the fibre cabinets are installed in the Manor Village area, will the fibre service connect to the Tralee exchange first and then the Killerisk exchange in the future?

Hi Noel_ags516

As the Tralee exchange is in the Phase three rollout & is expected to commence in early 2013 this will be completed before the Killerisk exchange.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Noel_ags516

Thanks, Linda. The exchange near the Manor Village area (Killerisk) in Tralee is included in the Phase 5 rollout as announced from the website. http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/ngn-access

Thanks, Linda. The exchange near the Manor Village area (Killerisk) in Tralee is included in the Phase 5 rollout as announced from the website. http://www.nextgenerationnetwork.ie/ngn-access

Hi Noel_ags516

No worries, as soon as we have any information regarding your area we'll get back to you here.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

May I be so bold as to ask which exchange serves Lucan?
    Is it the Palmerstown one or is there one in Ballydowd or A.N. OTher? Any news regarding when work is due to be carried out to upgrade it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

December 2014 is the scheduled upgrade date for the 2 'Lucan' exchanges but east of Fonthill road is on Palmerstown excepting a small bit around Quarryvale ( also scheduled for December 2014) as is the Killerisk exchange area.

Heroditas wrote: »
    May I be so bold as to ask which exchange serves Lucan?
    Is it the Palmerstown one or is there one in Ballydowd or A.N. OTher? Any news regarding when work is due to be carried out to upgrade it?

Hi Heroditas

If you could PM me the full address I will check which exchange it's connected to?

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks for the reply guys.
    Linda, sending you a PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DCMaywood

Hi Eircom, just wondering when raheny will have fibre power.sky are asking me to join there broadband and its free I wont do it if fibre power is coming in the spring .Can you help please.

DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

DCMaywood wrote: »
    get upc rolling out 180meg in spring,i have 150meg in d13 its far superior to any of eircom packages and cheaper also
    Just my 2cent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

believe it or not raheny does not have its own exchange, everyone in raheny is connected to the coolock exchange, coolock is on the list to be finished by spring 2013.

DCMaywood wrote: »
    Hi Eircom, just wondering when raheny will have fibre power.sky are asking me to join there broadband and its free I wont do it if fibre power is coming in the spring .Can you help please.

DC

Hi DCMaywood

Can you PM me your address and I'll check the exchange your connected to?

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DCMaywood

Hi Linda eircom rep
    iT IS 10 Maywood Lawn i know it on the coolock exchange but when does it roll out ...... what speeds will it be . I see an eircom dig around the corner.

DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi DCMaywood

Please click on the below link to be directed to information on eircoms fibre network. Please not that any advised dates supplied in this information is in relation to exchanges being upgraded and not in relation to fibre being available to customers. At this moment there are no official dates as to when our fibre broadband will be available to customer.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elDonio

Got upgraded to fibre yesterday only to find the fibre service had a problem in tralee, if vodafone knew of this problem, why then upgrade me, now i have no internet and by the looks of this thread no idea when it will be back either :-(

elDonio wrote: »
    Got upgraded to fibre yesterday only to find the fibre service had a problem in tralee, if vodafone knew of this problem, why then upgrade me, now i have no internet and by the looks of this thread no idea when it will be back either :-(
    Hi elDonio

Unfortunately there is little I can do about this as you are with another provider. The best advice I can offer is to contact their broadband technical support team.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elDonio

Hi elDonio

Unfortunately there is little I can do about this as you are with another provider. The best advice I can offer is to contact their broadband technical support team.

Al
    Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, alas i have done, only to be told its an eircom issue.

elDonio wrote: »
    Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, alas i have done, only to be told its an eircom issue.
    Ok elDonio

Sorry to hear this, unfortunately eircom cannot offer technical support to customers of another provider however I would check with them for updates on the progress of this resolution to this issue.

Al

Advertisement