Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plasterboard joint filler

• 07-12-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

im currently finishing off my garage and ill be installing foil back plasterboard for the ceiling this weekend,but im not going to get it skimmed as its only a garage ,what im looking for is whats the best filler to joint the gaps and snad smooth down,as ill be then just painting it white, a friend did it with his and it looks ok,just wondering is there a specific joint filler thats best suited for final paint finish as apposed to the skud coat etc filler skimms,thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

http://www.usg.com/sheetrock-all-purpose-joint-compound.html

I used sheetrock. A pleasure to sand. Really easy and a perfect finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

cheers harry looks exactly like what i need,any idea of stockists in dublin.is it common in builders providers or b and q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭DublinDIYguy

bazbrady wrote: »
    cheers harry looks exactly like what i need,any idea of stockists in dublin.is it common in builders providers or b and q.
    Chadwicks. there's a few in Dublin. Make sure you buy the mesh tape, and tape over the joints before filling over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

profin is another brand of joint filler that should be available in most builder providers...

Advertisement