Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 or SG3

Options
  • 07-12-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

I'm at a loss. I only have a few days to pick one and can't make up my mind and getting no help from friends.

Like I wouldn't mind the iPhone because it would be a change from the android plus I like the idea of isms would help, as most friends have iPhone and it does look gorgeous

The SG3 is ultra thin though. Much bigger. Speed is not a major factor. Or not that I could have ever cared about.

any of Ye able to give good points bout them or bad points. 600 is a lot for the iPhone but is it worth it? Or should I just stick with what I know. Any pointers are enormously appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Impossible to know OP, my advice would be to have a play with both phones if possible and you should know deep down which one you want. Agreed, imessage is handy but its not as if you can't contact your friends using viber, whatsapp or a plain sms. I wouldnt say it ever really comes up as a real reason to swing either way if choosing between an Iphone 5 or S3.

I would say S3 but I think it ultimately comes down to personal taste..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gerard A

I use iphone5 and my partner the s3.both phones are good but i much prefer the i5,its light but has a large screen i feel the s3 is just that little bit too big,feels bulky in the pocket and the screen breaks easily.Also there is four s3 in the family and three have been sent back with faults and returned with the same faults so i for one wouldn't touch the s3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Impossible to know OP, my advice would be to have a play with both phones if possible and you should know deep down which one you want. Agreed, imessage is handy but its not as if you can't contact your friends using viber, whatsapp or a plain sms. I wouldnt say it ever really comes up as a real reason to swing either way if choosing between an Iphone 5 or S3.

I would say S3 but I think it ultimately comes down to personal taste..

I know what your saying bout viber and stuff. But my friends seem fussy to install it. Plus I love in a bad reception area so I use internet texting rather than signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

S3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

Depends what you'd use it for. If you friends have iPhones then iMessage would be very useful. Although on the flip side you can get them to but whatsapp. Then up to you about screen preference. Performance is very similar. Iphone is generally easier to use but android offers the option to customise your phone and add widgets and quick settings. I have an iPhone 4S personally and love it. But you'll not go wrong whichever you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Try them out in the shop if you can get your hands on both. Helps to make a decision. If you on Vodafone there is an interactive device page on vodafone website where you can try out the S3 and iphone5. Get a test run/feel for the design of it but its better to try it hands on for real.

doovdela wrote: »
    Try them out in the shop if you can get your hands on both. Helps to make a decision. If you on Vodafone there is an interactive device page on vodafone website where you can try out the S3 and iphone5. Get a test run/feel for the design of it but its better to try it hands on for real.

Thanks yes I've been in and out of every shop here in croydon looking at the interactive ones and the dummy ones. Both are gorgeous although lookinging at the s3 today did feel slightly wide in the palm. I've also asked representatives for there opinion. So think I'm finally coming to a decision. Gonna prolly head to the apple store in the morning before making my decision.

Thanks all for yer help. Made my decision

Advertisement