Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile: end of contract

Options
  • 07-12-2012 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've few questions.

I am not account holder of bill pay contract - my cousin is, but since he's not technical type I manage his phone and contract and advise him what options would suit him.

He got a phone call today as his 18 months contract is coming to end (only 14euro bill pay - however often over 30euro due to calls abroad) and the girl was asking him about signing up again. Since he doesn't know what competition has to offer and whether this is good or bad he asked me to talk to her to explain me stuff about new plan and what benefits that would bring, however she refused as I am not an account holder. I understand that I cannot make decisions about his bill pay contract, but she could at least tell me what's the offer and I would advise him whether he should take it or not.

Anyway she mentioned something about Samsung Galaxy S2 and 20 (or 25) euro monthly contract? Any idea what price was that for? I don't even see Galaxy S2 on your page, only Samsung Galaxy Note 2, i think my cousin got that wrong ...

The question is when renewing contract does same prices and plans apply as to new customers (as stated on your website) or are there any special deals?

Also if the option to switch to different company is better, I red you require 30 days notice, how does that work?

Sorry for long post but helpdesk won't speak to me as I am not account holder.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

198321 wrote: »
    Hi, I've few questions.

I am not account holder of bill pay contract - my cousin is, but since he's not technical type I manage his phone and contract and advise him what options would suit him.

He got a phone call today as his 18 months contract is coming to end (only 14euro bill pay - however often over 30euro due to calls abroad) and the girl was asking him about signing up again. Since he doesn't know what competition has to offer and whether this is good or bad he asked me to talk to her to explain me stuff about new plan and what benefits that would bring, however she refused as I am not an account holder. I understand that I cannot make decisions about his bill pay contract, but she could at least tell me what's the offer and I would advise him whether he should take it or not.

Anyway she mentioned something about Samsung Galaxy S2 and 20 (or 25) euro monthly contract? Any idea what price was that for? I don't even see Galaxy S2 on your page, only Samsung Galaxy Note 2, i think my cousin got that wrong ...

The question is when renewing contract does same prices and plans apply as to new customers (as stated on your website) or are there any special deals?

Also if the option to switch to different company is better, I red you require 30 days notice, how does that work?

Thanks
    Ask your cousin to add you as an authorised user to their account then you can ask for some of the details but only they can agree to a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

You could have told her to discuss not account specific information with you, what deals are available, etc. your friend could have found out whether they were eligible for an upgrade and passed the phone to you.

I would have asked to talk to a supervisor to discuss the account if that happened to me.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

198321 wrote: »
    Hi, I've few questions.

Thanks

Hi 198321,

If the account holder requested that the agent spoke with you then they should have discussed the offers available to him. My apologies that this was not done in this case. Details of all our plans can be found on our website.

If you wish to change to a different network you are required to give 30 days notice to cancel your account.

Grainne

Advertisement