Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox ?RROD question

Options
  • 07-12-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Iv been given my uncles xbox he bought a new one as he was trowing it out i decided to take it he said it was geting the red ring of death he had it repaired once already

Iv had it hear now for a while and have been browsing the menu DLing some demos
    Played the RE6 demo

But no red light has poped up yet
    What actually causes the rrod light to pop up ?

I was thinking of either "glitching" it or geting it repaired first would i be ok to glitch the console without having it repaired ? Or will the RROD come back on?

If i do glitch it should i be ok to use homebrew games ,emulators and backups etc from hard drvies?
    Also
    How much would i be talking to have RROD repaired anyways. If anyone can help thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

biggebruv wrote: »
    Iv been given my uncles xbox he bought a new one as he was trowing it out i decided to take it he said it was geting the red ring of death he had it repaired once already

Iv had it hear now for a while and have been browsing the menu DLing some demos
    Played the RE6 demo

But no red light has poped up yet
    What actually causes the rrod light to pop up ?

I was thinking of either "glitching" it or geting it repaired first would i be ok to glitch the console without having it repaired ? Or will the RROD come back on?

If i do glitch it should i be ok to use homebrew games ,emulators and backups etc from hard drvies?
    Also
    How much would i be talking to have RROD repaired anyways. If anyone can help thanks very much

The 3 red lights is just a fault diagnosis system in the Xbox, presumably the engineers built it to indicate which component was causing problems (secondary error codes) so repair would be easier.

It can take a while to fully render your xbox unbootable thats why you are able to play - you will get a permanent rrod sooner or later.

The console modding forum can answer your questions in regard to modding the Xbox.

Advertisement