Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After getting a payment from SUSI

Options
  • 07-12-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I'm after getting a payment of €504.44 from City of Dublin VOC - what exactly is this?

I was under the impression that my course fees were paid directly to the college, why did I get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did you receive a letter from susi?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I got one to say they received my FCA form and I was eligible for 75% of the grant (€2269) non-adjacent.

Ok -

I think I've figured this out

You get your fees paid plus maintenance of 2269

The 2269 is paid over 9 months - supposed to be october to june - that would work out at 252 roughly per month.

So I think that this is your october and november maintenance payment lumped together

But only SUSI can confirm all of this. I am just guessing and deducing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I thought mature students only got their fees paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Are you getting the Back to Education? If so the money is a mistake, a couple of others on here seem to have had this. You might want to phone up & tell SUSI so that you don't get asked for the money back later down the line.

• Advertisement

I'm getting BTEA - I was thinking that!

I've it set aside, up to my eyes with exams at the moment, they'll have to wait a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Yeah, theres a thread further down & someone had to phone them 4/5 times because they kept being told that the money was correct but they knew it wasn't.
    I'm sure the can wait a few days given how long they leave everyone else waiting!

They rang me last week or the week before saying if I didn't enter my bank details, I wouldn't get the grant. This didn't make sense as I was sure the payment was made straight to the college - what did they need my bank ac details for? But now it makes sense!

I tried ringing them to make sure they got my details but after 10 minutes on hold, I just hung up. :rolleyes:

Ah ok - I didn't understand that you are getting btea

Terry Pratchet

Haha, I thought Christmas had come early!

• Advertisement

I'm just off the phone from them, payment was made in error. If anyone's in a similiar situation, I can save them 10 minutes on hold; write an email to support@susi.cdvec.ie and include in the title of the email your reference number and the wording "wrong award".

Explain it in the email and ask for some acknowledgement that they received your email.

Advertisement