Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-mail in outlook express

Options
  • 07-12-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

i have been using outlook express 2003 to download my eircom .net mail for years without problem but now all of a sudden when i hit the send and receive button nothing happens, i have checked all the settings all is order i can access the server from mail2web.com and down load from there or my mobile phone will also receive my mail but i prefer to use outlook as all my contacts etc are stored there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

dharn wrote: »
    i have been using outlook express 2003 to download my eircom .net mail for years without problem but now all of a sudden when i hit the send and receive button nothing happens, i have checked all the settings all is order i can access the server from mail2web.com and down load from there or my mobile phone will also receive my mail but i prefer to use outlook as all my contacts etc are stored there

Hi dharn

Can you send and receive email's directly through our website without using outlook express 2003?

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

yes i can linda, just tried it and i could receive my mail, but as my contact book and older e-mails etc are stored on my computer in outlook, i would prefer to use it, any idea why outlook will not work anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

yes i can linda, just tried it and i could receive my mail, but as my contact book and older e-mails etc are stored on my computer in outlook, i would prefer to use it, any idea why outlook will not work anymore

Hi dharn

Can you have a look through the set up here and re-enter the settings to see if this resolves the issue? If not it may be best to call email support on 1890 260 260 (for eircom broadband customers only) or 1530 277 100 (for non-eircom broadband customers).

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi dharm,
    As I feel you are very serious about contacts in Outlook express. Sometimes this unresponsive event occurs due to corruption in DBX file. You need to check your DBX file. You would be able to get back your contacts through Outlook Express recovery. Check full information about DBX recovery process to fulfill your requirement at:
    http://www.stellaroutlooktools.com/outlookexpress/recover-dbx-file.php

Regards:
    Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

janeparker wrote: »
    Hi dharm,
    As I feel you are very serious about contacts in Outlook express. Sometimes this unresponsive event occurs due to corruption in DBX file. You need to check your DBX file. You would be able to get back your contacts through Outlook Express recovery. Check full information about DBX recovery process to fulfill your requirement at:
    http://www.stellaroutlooktools.com/outlookexpress/recover-dbx-file.php

Regards:
    Jane

Thanks for the post janeparker.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i have managed to recover my contacts but failed to get outlook to download my mail so i am now going to the eircom site directly, it is not as convenient but i have given up trying to get outlook to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i have managed to recover my contacts but failed to get outlook to download my mail so i am now going to the eircom site directly, it is not as convenient but i have given up trying to get outlook to work

Hi dharn

We do have a mail support number 1530 277 100, if you would like to try and get the eircom net mail set up with them step by step.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement