Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrapyards where you can find old fridges and microwaves etc.

Options
  • 07-12-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

I need a fridge compressor and I hear you can just salvage them from old fridges in junkyards. It was Americans telling me this, I don't know what the equivalent of a junkyard is here and where I find one. Are there any in north Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Keep your eye on the ditches. Thats where you are most likely to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Can you not go to the recycling centres? Coolmine have a big one with loads of appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭BogMonkey

Swampy wrote: »
    Can you not go to the recycling centres? Coolmine have a big one with loads of appliances.
    Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Theres a recycling centre in Swords too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

You will not be allowed to take anything from the recycling centres. Forget about the shops who have to take in WEEE goods either.

Have a look on adverts.ie - loads of free stuff there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You might find that in waste plants the gas from the fridges has been removed as they are very harmful to the environment. The compressor and the cooling mesh at the back of the fridge are all one system so if you remove just the compressor you will breach the system releasing the harmful gas then if you need the compressor for your own fridge you will have to get it refilled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement