Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Awards 2012

• 07-12-2012 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭

Time for our annual December tradition - the Boards.ie Game Awards.

It has been a particularly busy year - two new consoles (Vita, Wii-U), mobile games are even bigger, and there have been lots of big releases (throughout the year, not just in the run up to Christmas).

The first two sets of categories are now up for nominations (360 and DS/3DS). Those threads will be closed in about 4 days, and the next batch will go up then. Hopefully we can get all nominations done by Christmas week.

That's enough waffle for now .... go nominate. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just bumping this for the non-weekend users. :o

Xbox and 3DS threads will be closed tomorrow (Tuesday) night and the next set will go up.

PS3 and Ipod/Android categories up now.
    Next batch over the weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah flip I've missed the nominations for some platforms. You should have stickied this :P

I'm flexible, cherryghost. I'll open the first batch for another 24 hours.
    Some of the categories were a bit light, so I'll be glad of the extra nominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Would you put shooters in the Action/Adventure category?

• Advertisement

Yep.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yep.

Thanks. Better go back and add in Binary Domain so.

PC, Wii/WiiU and PSP/Vita are all up now.

The "Fun" category will go up at the weekend! :o

Fun categories are now up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When does the voting phase start for this?

• Advertisement

Nominations for the "Overall" category will go up later today, then voting will start after that.

Last batch up now. Please nominate for your overall games of the year across all platforms.

Voting is next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Love the Boards Games awards, seems a bit light this year alright, not sure why.
    Anyway, was there a category for best DLC content? So much DLC is just crap, wouldn't mind hearing about quality DLC released in case I missed any.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay on this. Part laziness on my part - its a big chunk of work to collate everything!

I think the nominations were a bit lighter this year - not as many contributing. Was it that last year wasn't great for games, or is there general apathy setting in? I might look at condensing things a bit next year.

Anyway without further ado....

http://bit.ly/GameAwards2012

Only vote for the consoles/machines that you have. Everyone can vote on the "Fun" and "Overall" categories. The survey closes at 6pm on Friday, and I should be able to get the results up that night. May the best games win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Nice work Mr E, alot of effort obviously went into it all so thank you. It's a pity more didn't vote on nominations!

Some very strange nominations especially in the "WTF were they thinking category" like "Borderlands 2's cartoony graphics". That nomination should win the award itself! :p

Anyway thanks again.

Yeah well done Mr. E! I voted but the last page I clicked on Finish and then it brought up a 'page could not be found' error so not sure if my vote went through?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah well done Mr. E! I voted but the last page I clicked on Finish and then it brought up a 'page could not be found' error so not sure if my vote went through?

Strange, I'll check it out when I get to my laptop later (I'm on the phone here). I tested it a fair bit over the last 2 days and I asked some others to give it a spin too. Nobody else had any issues. Leave it with me, I'll PM you later...

I can't believe neither Mass Effect 3 nor Assassin's Creed III made the cut for best game of the year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't believe neither Mass Effect 3 nor Assassin's Creed III made the cut for best game of the year.

That's because Journey exists :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I, for one, am glad. There was heaps of much better games than those two imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I know its my own fault for not nominating but I can't believe Liza isn't in the hottest female category! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    I know its my own fault for not nominating but I can't believe Liza isn't in the hottest female category! :D

Ellie should win this easily! She got my vote anyway. :P

A lot of people were pissed off with the ending of ME3.

That said i thought it was still a good game despite that but i think it did put it out of the running for Game of the Year.

As for Assassins Creed 3 it was a massive disappointment for a lot of people so its not surprising in the least.

Big Knox wrote: »

Ellie should win this easily! She got my vote anyway. :P

I voted ellie too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mrm

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's because Journey exists :P

That's a completely myopic viewpoint.

Those games deserve their right to lose to Journey just like all the others.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

neither can I, especially for me3. Each to their own i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

This is a good idea, sorry I missed the nominations, I never knew they were up. Voted. Good work, thanks.

Maybe next year the thread informing about the nominations could be stickied. I think the reason for the lack of nominations was that the thread disappeared from the front page after a while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone ignores stickies. The thread was bumped more than enough.

• Advertisement

If I made it a sticky, people would still complain that they didn't see it.

I bumped it for every batch of nominations, where it stayed on the front page for at least a day or two. If you didn't see it, you're not on boards enough. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement