Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from joint honours to single subject

Options
  • 07-12-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

In second arts studying for a joint honours degree in UCC at the moment. Just wondering if I can change to do single honours in third year (50/10 credit weighting) or is it set in stone that you have to do joint honours in 3rd year aswell once you've chosen to do 30/30 in second year?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

You can switch. I switched from Major (40) to Single (50) history in 3rd year.

Give Ms. Angela Manley a shout at: AManley@reg.ucc.ie Explain your situation there and she'll register your subjects/modules. That was nearly a couple of years ago but it's likely she'll handle the problem. If not, have a root through the UCC website, as treacherous as that may (read: will) be.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 C. Jennings

Thanks ReacherCreature. That's a great help. Did root around the site for a while, it's a complete maze, the search feature is practically useless! Sent an e-mail to the arts college main address last Friday and haven't got a reply. Will just e-mail the address you gave me. Cheers!

Advertisement