Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy racers dunmore road/ballygunner

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

These muppets are racing for the past hour, anyone know where exactly they are so i can phone these fookers in? Nearly every weekend this is happening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

dumore road ballygunner:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just call it in with where you are and they should have an idea and will pop out. They generally scarper at the sight of a garda car anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

I'm living on old Tramore Road and can hear them perfectly loud. Think they are using the whole of new road 😡

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Break up a pallet, hammer nails into the wood, and put these in the middle of the Dunmore Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

SubBusted wrote: »
    Break up a pallet, hammer nails into the wood, and put these in the middle of the Dunmore Road.

Very clever! :rolleyes: And some unsuspecting motorist will have their tires blown because of idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

There useto be alot of them racing up and down the outter ring road Im sure they were meeting in the BanQ carpark and shooting up and down then!

Theres a deffo club of these boy racers meeting on sites and going cruising, They shouldnt be too hard to infiltrate, next time you see a souped up honda civic parked up in tesco ardkeen check out the stickers on them, they usually have sites and logos just google the logos and you might get some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

There useto be alot of them racing up and down the outter ring road Im sure they were meeting in the BanQ carpark and shooting up and down then!

Theres a deffo club of these boy racers meeting on sites and going cruising, They shouldnt be too hard to infiltrate, next time you see a souped up honda civic parked up in tesco ardkeen check out the stickers on them, they usually have sites and logos just google the logos and you might get some info.

you should have been a Police officer
    Id say Jessica Feltcher is sh itting herself

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

ah op were your ever young once?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

gambithh wrote: »

I don't remember waking hundreds of young kids up by driving up and down for the craic when I was young.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bizguy

gambithh wrote: »

I still am ;)

I dont mind what they do, its just the noise they make in doing it. I've had boy racer cars of my own but never felt they had to be heard. A strong wind can carry the noise a fair distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

bizguy wrote: »

I still am ;)

I dont mind what they do, its just the noise they make in doing it. I've had boy racer cars of my own but never felt they had to be heard. A strong wind can carry the noise a fair distance

Sure u no what they say.

"The bigger the exhaust, the smaller the cock"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I have no problem with the cars. Its when they slap some autistic exhaust pipe on the back that sounds like a dying arse that wrecks mine (and everybody elses) head. Dont they realise that everybody thinks they're complete morons everytime they drive past going VROOM VROOOOOM in like third gear at 60km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

cococoady wrote: »
    Sure u no what they say.

"The bigger the exhaust, the smaller the cock"

Brilliant :D

I would add that the bigger the exhaust, the less brain cells you are dealing with and since so many of these little scumbags have dust for brains, and their heavily made-up girlfriends with the fake tan and vacant stare have even less brain cells, its genuinely scary that these lads have licences to be in control of a car, the laws in this country are backwards. Take out the guys who do this as a hobby and you are left with a sizeable group of people who are reckless and careless on the road, putting everyone around them at risk. Young men plus cars = disaster. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Well if we all liked the same things then the world would be a dull place, I do think that there are car enthusiasts that arent just boy racers its BIG Business next time your near shop check out the shelf with the cars on it.

In saying that there are alot of tossers driving around as the previous poster said with their girlfriends in the car with make up on like its been put on with a shot gun, youd need a shovel to take it off glowing orange in the passenger seat.

Honda Civics seems to be very common for this sort, I had one clown who useto pull up in my estate with his girlfriend and get slaughtered drunk in the car youd see the door open and she and he would get sick then theyd try for some shut eye ah they were scangers! ah speak of the devils i hear them outside my house now!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

DIESEL a4 and passat now the skanger on a budget choice of car.

what male wouldn't like a heavily tarted up 17 year old in his passenger seat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Often wondered how long you would get from a set of tyres drifting on roads li ke that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just as per a previous comment, not all car-sites promote Boy Racer behaviour. For one, MidnightClub.ie are well gone from that type, and actively discourage people driving on the limiter. Yes, there was a time when they were involved in it, but that has well passed and most of the members agree with the stupidly loud exhaust for daily driving.

The ones ye are referring to are usually the newer drivers with a drain pipe welded to the back of a 1.0l Micra or Starlet, or the usual 1.4 Civics. Modified Car Enthusiasts don't have these kinds of cars, they have pristine, high powered works of mechanical art, cars worth thousands of euro, and would not be arsing about in them, especially with the cost of everything these days.

But, no matter where you are, if they are making noise late at night, just ring the Gardai. Even if you don't know exactly where, Traffic Corps love nothing more than a boy racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

But, no matter where you are, if they are making noise late at night, just ring the Gardai. Even if you don't know exactly where, Traffic Corps love nothing more than a boy racer.

i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there%202.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gismo13

im 34 years old i had the boy racer cars let me explain to all of ye if the boy racers had somewhere to park up and chat they would not be drivin up and down roads when we were parked up to chat the cops would move us on to the road we were parked up with the engines off so there was no noise get on to the cops to stop moving on the boy racers/girlracers and everybody will be happy

SO REMEMBER STOP THE COPS MOVING US ON AND LEAVE US PARK UP AND EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY IT ALSO COSTS US FUEL DRIVING UP AND DOWN ROADS ITS NOT AS IF WE DRIVE TRU THE GEARS TO SAVE FUEL

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

gismo13 wrote: »
    im 34 years old i had the boy racer cars let me explain to all of ye if the boy racers had somewhere to park up and chat they would not be drivin up and down roads when we were parked up to chat the cops would move us on to the road we were parked up with the engines off so there was no noise get on to the cops to stop moving on the boy racers/girlracers and everybody will be happy

SO REMEMBER STOP THE COPS MOVING US ON AND LEAVE US PARK UP AND EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY IT ALSO COSTS US FUEL DRIVING UP AND DOWN ROADS ITS NOT AS IF WE DRIVE TRU THE GEARS TO SAVE FUEL
    Sweet Jesus......where to start?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

barney 20v wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus......where to start?!

This person (gismo) is delusional,
    I have to listen to this sh1t every weekend night. (grantstown)
    These guys/girls (mostly guys) are definetly not parked up comparing notes.
    They are ragging the sh1t out of their Civics, micras, starlets, or whatever at 2 or 3 in the morning and keeping ordinary people awake.
    My own car is fairly loud but I don't wind it up late at night.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gismo13 wrote: »

So moving you on costs you money, great!

Worth getting you moved on even more often then, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Needs the money to get his full-stop button fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Children should be in bed at that hour, is there no such thing as noise pollution ?. Keep ringing the cops everybody .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mugser wrote: »
    Needs the money to get his full-stop button fixed.

At least we know the caps lock button is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Where exactly are all these boyracers hanging out? I can occasionally hear a lot of revving etc. but not 100% sure where it is coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

To be fair lads, the number of boy racers on the roads around the city now are nothing like they used to be. I remember the car park across from superquinn was always full in the night with these idiots. If anything good came from the recession, its that these lads lost their jobs. They were mostly working in construction, had loads of money with nothing to spend it on

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Often wondered how long you would get from a set of tyres drifting on roads li ke that?

I used to go through about a set a week thats a normal week, if there was a cruise on could be 2 sets in a night.

If i were you OP call the guards and get your neighbours to do the same aswell if enough people call they will have to show they are doing something about it maybe ring into WLR? the guards have noise testers these days to make sure the DB's are not too high saying that if a car is just below the limit dosent mean its quite. I feel there is less guards/check points on the roads cant remember the last time i was stopped at a check point i know they have less resources but a simple check point moved various places around the location would stop this, would like to see the guards view on it would they think its a waste of there time?? I used to have a few loud cars would go messing every weekend and some week nights would have often been down in waterford and there used to be way more around as someone else said the money is not there anymore for most lads that were into it and alot of lads were only into the car scene when they had money to show off.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

wobbles wrote: »
    To be fair lads, the number of boy racers on the roads around the city now are nothing like they used to be. I remember the car park across from superquinn was always full in the night with these idiots. If anything good came from the recession, its that these lads lost their jobs. They were mostly working in construction, had loads of money with nothing to spend it on

Have u seen the car park out in Fas on the estate. Full of boy racer cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gismo13

if the boy racers had somewhere to go out of town they would go and everybody would be happy

Advertisement