Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy racers dunmore road/ballygunner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

gismo13 wrote: »
    if the boy racers had somewhere to go out of town they would go and everybody would be happy
    They do.... Its called Australia..

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

cococoady wrote: »
    Have u seen the car park out in Fas on the estate. Full of boy racer cars.

Sorry now but that is absolute mollocks !

People are going to continue to drift/race no matter what. Its a fact of life, it happens worldwide. Not every single road can be policed or monitored.

I drive a highly modified performance car, however I do have a very quiet exhaust on it as the noise bugs me as much as the person who's house i'm passing. I've been stopped more times without reason by the gards, my car is always taxed, NCT'd and insured and in a road legal condition with an exhaust that is below legal dB limits. I do not road race or drift, I save it for the track. However every outing on the track costs me about 500e after I pay the necessary costs ( entry, tyres, fluids, brakes, fuel etc ) Not every person has this disposable income to spend doing what they enjoy.

People who skateboard or BMX get skateparks for free/little cost, that gives them somewhere to go. What makes them so special that they are provided with a place to have their fun.

Give car enthusiasts somewhere to go at little cost and that will go a long ways to improving the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

find where they live..
    expanding foam
    > exhaust.

that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Flyer1 wrote: »

People are going to continue to drift/race no matter what. Its a fact of life, it happens worldwide. Not every single road can be policed or monitored.

I drive a highly modified performance car, however I do have a very quiet exhaust on it as the noise bugs me as much as the person who's house i'm passing. I've been stopped more times without reason by the gards, my car is always taxed, NCT'd and insured and in a road legal condition with an exhaust that is below legal dB limits. I do not road race or drift, I save it for the track. However every outing on the track costs me about 500e after I pay the necessary costs ( entry, tyres, fluids, brakes, fuel etc ) Not every person has this disposable income to spend doing what they enjoy.

People who skateboard or BMX get skateparks for free/little cost, that gives them somewhere to go. What makes them so special that they are provided with a place to have their fun.

Give car enthusiasts somewhere to go at little cost and that will go a long ways to improving the situation.

The big problem and massive difference is the cost of insurance towards some one having an accident on a skateboard and some one having an accident in a car.I never heard of any one killing some one by hitting them with their skateboard or bmx and if it has happened I'm sure its a lot less likely than car accidents caused by young drivers.If you were to open a track or area for modded cars, the public liability would be through the roof, making it totally cost prohibitive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hang on,

So give us a place to race around, feck about in cars doing donuts etc at the cost of the tax payer or we'll feck about on public roads annoying the hell out of people and being a danger to the general public?

Yeah cause thats a excellent argument.
    :rolleyes:

There is a MASSIVE difference between a bunch of teenagers on bikes and skateboards and a bunch of adults racing around in cars,

For one the skateboards are atleast good for you as its a form of exercise and as such should be encouraged and helped.

For another, last time I checked the skateborders don't have to have insurance and are extremely unlikely to kill somebody,

If you want a track etc why not all get together and buy the land and build it, if there's demand for it you'll have nothing to worry about. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Track day in mondello yesterday, 99 euro for the day...open to all cars... Where you getting 500 euro per day out of even including consumables???
    "Not every person has this disposable income to spend doing what they enjoy. " ..... Tough sh1t!
    Take up a cheaper hobby, may I remind you that the use of the public road is not an entitlement, its a privilege !

Advertisement