Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good or bad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've heard of Frantic Jack, Hon Offaly!! The problem is that a lot of these bands go nowhere even though they're worthy of doing so. The industry has changed so much and talented artists and bands find it harder and harder to get a break.

There was a great little band called Floyd Soul And The Wolf down in Waterford not so long who were fcuking brilliant, real grove based sh1t with a host of different influences but yet nobody who'd give them a proper chance. The fcuking Rihanna auto tune bullsh1t is ruing the industry. Kids won't buy guitar groups and songwriters anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

WOW these guys are amazing! I really like them, where are they from?

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Good spot man! These guys are not bad at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

madness98 wrote: »
    WOW these guys are amazing! I really like them, where are they from?
    They're a Band from Edenderry, Offaly, I only know them as their sound guy works for me and gave me a copy of their CD. I stuck it on in the car and was amazed - I had honestly expected it to be a bit crap. The whole CD is really slick, well produced, and it rocks. I am now just scratching my head as to why so few people have heard of them.:confused: But then, they never registered with me before either...Their CD is a real grower as well -it gets better and better the more you listen. Personally, I think they are good, very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

sounds very radio friendly, possibly better suited for a North American audience?

• Advertisement

sounds very radio friendly, possibly better suited for a North American audience?
    I think that's where they're headed, but it's a shame they couldn't break through here without having to move on.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

American accent in this one, and Christian lyrics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HBLubElXcQ
    reached number 9 in Irish charts

I don't think their videos help at all - they are frankly, naff, and take away from the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

They do need to work on their videos, are arnt great. Really got into them recently! Its a shame they can't make a break here!

• Site Banned Posts: 44 Pegasus Galactica

These guys are alright, pitty they can't get a chance because of stupid xfactor rejects!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I've seen Frantic Jack live a couple of times and they are a very good live band. The problem is on record they sound like countless other artists.

Reasons why they are not better known:

1. To make it in Ireland alone you have to really dumb down your sound for the pop masses. See The Blizzards and The Coronas. Ireland is too small a market for guitar bands.
    2. To make a dent internationally you really need to have a sound that's yours. No matter how good they're doing what they're doing, there's always American and British bands doing what they're doing better than them. To be honest they're never going to blow up in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 midlands paranormal researcher

seen these guys live not bad to be honest, very good, hope they can make it

Advertisement