Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which console do you think had the nicest games?

• 08-12-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

In the 80s i had Atari 2600 and colecovision and i think those are 2 of the BEST consoles of all time!

I think Atari 2600 was the BEST atari version ever..... More Games i loved on that console than the 2 newer ones (5200,7800) -- The graphics went downhill and didnt look as good,etc.........

The 5200 version of Berzerk is garbage compared to 2600! (In my opinion)

The 5200 version of dig-dug is CRAP compared to the 2600 version.... (Although i do think Colecovisions DIG DUG is better than atari's)

I saw a couple 7800 versions of games i have on the 2600 and i was completly disgusted in the quality..... WHAT HAPPEND??

I think we all know..... Stuff went DOWNHILL as the 80s progressed (And continue to icon9.gif)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

It was the Megadrive for me. Just the right balance of game-play-ability and arcade looking graphics. After that, games just got fancy for the sake of it on all consoles. The fun had gone out of actually playing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm gonna say Snes because I didn't have a Mega Drive but for the same reasons as above. Some games were rock solid hard and you didn't have any internet to look up parts. No stupid quick-time events, either :pac:

Plus, it had Super Metroid. I played it through again about 2 months ago and it hasn't aged a single bit, still one of the best games I've ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

SNES : Super Mario Bros 3 (Sort of..:pac:) Super Mario World, LOZ:LTTP and Super Metroid.

/thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The DS is very special imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PS2 had the largest number of games that I consider to be bona fide classics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Should be called the name the console you owned when you were 12 thread :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

snes for me. I did love the mega drive but the snes just had that extra bit of magic. also mario > sonic. although sonic the comic > mario cartoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Best console - the one you had at the peak of your childhood.

For me it was PC. Still is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

SNES. Has to be, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Zelda etc etc. Had a megadrive and an Amiga CD32 around the same time but for me the SNES is the one I keep going back to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A toss up between the SNES and DS for me. SNES was 2D gaming at it's pinacle but I think the DS has over taken it. Some much quirky games on it and it's by far the best RPG console ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SNES, for Mario World, Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong Country alone.

Advertisement