Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB withdrawal of Quick Lodge machine

Options
  • 08-12-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Have all AIB's decided to remove the quick lodge machine do people know ?

I usually use one in a Co Cork town which I wont mention and they had a sign on it all last week saying the machine will be removed and closed for good from the end of this week. I asked staff in the Branch why this was they explained to me I would be getting some sort of a lodgement card in January, that they were doing away with the quick lodge in favour of new technology and with this lodgement card I could lodge in the new fancy machines they have in the branch. I asked how do I lodge between now and January I was informed I would have to use internet banking or else que up, (attitude I got from staff member was awful) and the que in this branch is always busy and so slow to move. I think this is a disgrace as I use the quick lodge for business e.g. cheques I have to lodge, so from Monday I will have to que just to lodge a cheque. I would love to know what intelligent individual in AIB decided to remove the quick lodge before they issue these lodgement cards without giving the customer any proper alternative, as we do own AIB!!!!!

Is this the same in all AIB's does anyone know ?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Noticed this myself in a couple of branches. This "new machine" of which they speak is quite a bit more complex then the very simple quick lodge and is liable to result in queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

This happened in a number of dublin branches in the last few months. Some have the new and old, some have nothing and some have only the new. I wouldnt mind if they at least sent out the cards. Trust the wonderful aib to bring in bank charges at the same time as a reduction in service to the customer

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

They don't want customers in branches anymore they want everyone to use the technology banks are losing that personal touch and are not in touch with what customers really want.

Advertisement