Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIP e-cig started pack on Groupon?

Options
  • 08-12-2012 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if this type of e-cig is any use?
    I've had previous vaping exp when they first came out a few years ago, and my problem was that the e-cig never really kept its strenght, and I could never tell if it was the battery or the cart causing the problem. I had the ones out of McCabes pharmacy and another slightly better one online
    I don't want to be buying another product that will lose strenght or is crap anyway so would appreciate if you could let me know if this brand is any use?
    I'd like to get off the filthy tobacco habit and back vaping.
    I would smoke 20 per day in cig terms, a strong brand, perhaps you could recc one that is strong (maybe with a battery that is not on all the time, and that i could refill with juice as i believe this would be cheaper? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Can't expect much from a cig-a-like. Weak battery, short life, probably tasteless juice and the frustration of turning back to real cigs.

This kit is the most recommended on the forum as the batteries expand your options.

The tank device is refillable and you can buy replacement coil heads.
    This means you don't need to dump the tank - just wait for the current coil to die or stop providing a good vape for you, unscrew the bad head, screw in the new one, fill with juice, done.

The juices on that site are great too, especially the Wingnut's and House of Liquid ranges.

If you want to cut yourself off at the pass and buy what you might just be buying in about two to four months, there's this device called the Vamo... But it's a little large.
    Not much more expensive than the "new vaper" recommendations we toss out here though, and 30% cheaper from e-cigshop.eu if you register there and use the coupon code
    1YEAR
    This is where a lot of us end up. Giant chrome wands blasting magic vape into our heads.
    Maybe you won't go that way, but...

Giant chrome wands. Who doesn't want a piece of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Oh dear,I have just ordered these!!

You'll get to give it a try at least. You'll still be saving money on packs of fags as well (unless you smoke rollies), it just that these are toe-dipping products that're being marketed by cynics as the peak of the form.

Start your judging immediately though, as the 17 cartomisers should last between 6-8 days (680 cigarettes my hole).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

grindle wrote: »
    You'll get to give it a try at least. You'll still be saving money on packs of fags as well (unless you smoke rollies), it just that these are toe-dipping products that're being marketed by cynics as the peak of the form.

Start your judging immediately though, as the 17 cartomisers should last between 6-8 days (680 cigarettes my hole).
    6-8 days:eek::eek:Well its done now,so just have to get on with it,hope its a step up on the single one(Jaspers,i think) they sell in Centras for €6.99c,found it hard to get a pull out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Don't worry. It's not actually that bad. I have 2 friends who are using VIP and they are not complaining. Tried it myself, surprisingly not bad vapor and flavor. Ok throat hit. But battery life is not great and you don't have an option of PCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

Just got my Dad started on disposable "Matchless" e-cigs. I never thought he'd take to them, deeply suspicious of all things electronic as he is. Now I'm wondering about getting him a starter kit to add economy to the fresher air in the sitting room. He likes the 'authentic' cigarette experience so the choice seems to be either "Matchless" or "VIP".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I started with a clearomiser from VIP and have to admit their e-liquid is not bad at all, bought a kit from ESI since, way better and cheaper than VIP.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I started on a VIP kit. It does the job at the start, but the constent charging was getting me down.

Loving My protank now !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I just started these VIP thingies and the cartomizer seems to be lasting me about 2 - 2.5 days. Have to charge the battery every 24hrs for sure.

I was smoking about 10 rollies a day prior and I feel like I'm on half that amount nicotine/pull wise on the VIP stuff.

They seem to measure a cig as being a few small pulls on the VIP cig :mad:

It's working out as costing me 1.30 a day whereas I was spending approx. 2.80 a day on rollies.

Didn't really quit smoking for the money though.

Mink wrote: »
    I just started these VIP thingies and the cartomizer seems to be lasting me about 2 - 2.5 days. Have to charge the battery every 24hrs for sure.

I was smoking about 10 rollies a day prior and I feel like I'm on half that amount nicotine/pull wise on the VIP stuff.

They seem to measure a cig as being a few small pulls on the VIP cig :mad:

It's working out as costing me 1.30 a day whereas I was spending approx. 2.80 a day on rollies.

Didn't really quit smoking for the money though.

Interesting to read real-life examples like yours after reading the hype on the websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

I started on VIP as well.

I was amazed at how satisfying they were. I didn't have anything to compare them to other than smoking cigarettes. I was on a pack of Golden Virginia every two days at the time.

The only thing I didn't like about VIP was the fact that I needed 2 carts a day to even moderately approach the amount of cigarette smoking I was used to.

I then got a Kanger\eGo starter kit from ESI. I tried lots of liquids but the only one I really like is the VIP USA mix.

I now have a Sigeli ZMAXX on which I use an iClear30, and I use Aspire BDC ET-S on the eGo.

I still haven't found any juice that I like as much as the VIP USA mix (I tried the other VIP flavours and I don't like them either). I've cut down from 24mg to 16mg. The VIP works out reasonably well if you buy from their UK website in quantity.

Wiggy wrote: »
    I started on VIP as well.

I was amazed at how satisfying they were. I didn't have anything to compare them to other than smoking cigarettes. I was on a pack of Golden Virginia every two days at the time.

The only thing I didn't like about VIP was the fact that I needed 2 carts a day to even moderately approach the amount of cigarette smoking I was used to.

I then got a Kanger\eGo starter kit from ESI. I tried lots of liquids but the only one I really like is the VIP USA mix.

I now have a Sigeli ZMAXX on which I use an iClear30, and I use Aspire BDC ET-S on the eGo.

I still haven't found any juice that I like as much as the VIP USA mix (I tried the other VIP flavours and I don't like them either). I've cut down from 24mg to 16mg. The VIP works out reasonably well if you buy from their UK website in quantity.

Same experience here, am trying House Of Liquid's El Toro & Virginia next to see if I can find one as good. Grindle reckons it is most likely Hangsen liquid rebranded they are using.

They say their eliquids are made exclusively for them so finding the exact same might be hard to do.
    €19/30ml bottle of VIP juice on the Irish site... Wowzers. €23.50/60ml from their UK site. Some disparity!

I must check their prices in the booth they have in shopping centre but if I remember correctly it was €10 for 10ml last time I got some. That is some disparity between the UK and Irl prices :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

They say their eliquids are made exclusively for them so finding the exact same might be hard to do.
    €19/30ml bottle of VIP juice on the Irish site... Wowzers. €23.50/60ml from their UK site. Some disparity!

They are Hangsen juices. The bottles have HS at the bottom and also few other markings on the neck of the bottle. I was on their RY4 xsmooth (or whatever it was called) for a while as I like it a lot. The only juice near enough to it is Hangsen Ry1 (less sweet than RY4) which I use daily now and cheap for 100ml.

halkar wrote: »
    They are Hangsen juices. The bottles have HS at the bottom and also few other markings on the neck of the bottle. I was on their RY4 xsmooth (or whatever it was called) for a while as I like it a lot. The only juice near enough to it is Hangsen Ry1 (less sweet than RY4) which I use daily now and cheap for 100ml.

I have some empty bottles of VIP USA liquid in front of me here and they have FU and the number 1 or 2 on the bottom and HSB 10 in tiny letters on the neck.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Same experience here, am trying House Of Liquid's El Toro & Virginia next to see if I can find one as good. Grindle reckons it is most likely Hangsen liquid rebranded they are using.

I have tried El Toro Virginia Prime and El Toro Cigarillos.
    They're fine, but nothing like VIP.

I also tried Hangseng USA mix. In the bottle, it smells like VIP, but tastes very different when vaped.

I prefer Liberty Flights PG Tobacco & Virginia to any of the above, but nothing I've tried comes even close to VIP. There's something about the balance between nutty, tobacco and sweetness that is just right for me.

I buy 2x3 30ml bottles for £56, with free delivery to ParcelMotel, who charge €3.50 to get it to me. I reckon that works out at €11 for a 30ml bottle.

The kiosk prices are insane alright, but I don't think that it's any different in the UK. Online is always cheaper. I don't know why the Irish online prices are so high.....

Hi Grindle,

What do you think of the VIP liquids? Any good for my father do you reckon?

I have tried El Toro Virginia Prime and El Toro Cigarillos.
    They're fine, but nothing like VIP.

I also tried Hangseng USA mix. In the bottle, it smells like VIP, but tastes very different when vaped.

I prefer Liberty Flights PG Tobacco & Virginia to any of the above, but nothing I've tried comes even close to VIP. There's something about the balance between nutty, tobacco and sweetness that is just right for me.

I buy 2x3 30ml bottles for £56, with free delivery to ParcelMotel, who charge €3.50 to get it to me. I reckon that works out at €11 for a 30ml bottle.

The kiosk prices are insane alright, but I don't think that it's any different in the UK. Online is always cheaper. I don't know why the Irish online prices are so high.....

Interesting, have you tried steeping them to see if that makes a difference?

I'm tempted to buy some VIP USA again just to see......

I mailed them to ask why there is such a large difference in price between buying online here and the UK.....not holding my breath for an answer :D

I'm tempted to buy some VIP USA again just to see......

Will go halves with you if you want - 3 bottles each. I already use ParcelMotel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I must check their prices in the booth they have in shopping centre but if I remember correctly it was €10 for 10ml last time I got some. That is some disparity between the UK and Irl prices :eek:

I've declared to the mods that I work for VIP and don't worry, I'm not going to give any opinion either way on the product!

Just to clarify the price - in a bricks and mortar store or booth, it's 8 euro for a 10ml.

Mods, hope it's okay that I clarified that, I'm not intending to promote it at all!!

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I've declared to the mods that I work for VIP and don't worry, I'm not going to give any opinion either way on the product!

Just to clarify the price - in a bricks and mortar store or booth, it's 8 euro for a 10ml.

Mods, hope it's okay that I clarified that, I'm not intending to promote it at all!!

Apoligies, you are indeed correct, it was €8 for a 10ml bottle at the booth (I kept a record of how much I was spending when I started)

So how much is the 30 ml bottle at the booth?

Apoligies, you are indeed correct, it was €8 for a 10ml bottle at the booth (I kept a record of how much I was spending when I started)

So how much is the 30 ml bottle at the booth?

It's 19 euro for the 30ml. Think it's the same as the online price, actually, but haven't checked the website for a while!

It's 19 euro for the 30ml. Think it's the same as the online price, actually, but haven't checked the website for a while!

Thanks for that, do you have any idea why such a large disceprency between buying here online and the UK?

Thanks for that, do you have any idea why such a large disceprency between buying here online and the UK?

Absolutely no idea, to be completely honest. Different owners in ireland and the UK and that's literally I know about the workings of the company. Sorry I can't be of more help. :o

I steeped them for a week in a dark cupboard with the lids off. Every day I gave them a shake.

Absolutely no idea, to be completely honest. Different owners in ireland and the UK and that's literally I know about the workings of the company. Sorry I can't be of more help. :o

Fair enough Esoteric. I won't ask you if it is their own liquid or something else re-branded :D

Do you vape yourself?

I steeped them for a week in a dark cupboard with the lids off. Every day I gave them a shake.

From what I have read a week is not long enough, two weeks to a month is what seems to do it and I know that the liquids I have been using have improved enormously as they get older.....two weeks being the first real sign of improvement. Also noticed that the smell improved quite quickly, days in fact but the taste is way slower.

Now this could be just the liquids I am using.

OcocO wrote: »
    Will go halves with you if you want - 3 bottles each. I already use ParcelMotel.

Sorry - I spoke too soon. I'm looking for flavours to let my dad try for a month or two in a cartomiser (he has only just moved on to them and is unwilling to try a clearomiser) and I just read that this liquid is not suitable for cartomisers. Grindle suggested the tip of adding a small amount of vodka to make liquids more suitable for cartomisers but I'd want to check that this would work in this instance before buying. Also, the 2x3x30ml is not a deal I now realise - the 3x30ml is and Wiggy was just getting two of them. Duh! Sorry.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Esoteric. I won't ask you if it is their own liquid or something else re-branded :D

Do you vape yourself?

Honestly, I don't even know the answer to that!

I do indeed. Obviously I have to use the brand I sell, so everything I use is VIP. For obvious reasons, I won't give any opinion, but I'm off smokes so that's the main thing!

Advertisement