Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VIP e-cig started pack on Groupon?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

OcocO wrote: »
    Sorry - I spoke too soon. I'm looking for flavours to let my dad try for a month or two in a cartomiser (he has only just moved on to them and is unwilling to try a clearomiser) and I just read that this liquid is not suitable for cartomisers. Grindle suggested the tip of adding a small amount of vodka to make liquids more suitable for cartomisers but I'd want to check that this would work in this instance before buying.

I had missed that post. You can buy VIP liquids in booths in a lot of shopping centres afaik. The USA flavour is cigar like....I used to smoke camel and lucky Strikes and an occasional Cigar when I could afford them and the VIP USA is as close as I have ever got to tasting like a really good Cigar.

I have tried adding Vodka in a clearomiser just to see what effect it has and it vaped fine.....and no, I did not get an alcohol hit......sadly......
    :o

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't even know the answer to that!

I do indeed. Obviously I have to use the brand I sell, so everything I use is VIP. For obvious reasons, I won't give any opinion, but I'm off smokes so that's the main thing!

:D That's ok, Good this has got you off the smokes too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I had missed that post. You can buy VIP liquids in booths in a lot of shopping centres afaik. The USA flavour is cigar like....I used to smoke camel and lucky Strikes and an occasional Cigar when I could afford them and the VIP USA is as close as I have ever got to tasting like a really good Cigar.

I have tried adding Vodka in a clearomiser just to see what effect it has and it vaped fine.....and no, I did not get an alcohol hit......sadly......
    :o

A cigar flavour is what dad likes (along with black tobacco in general and Egyptian/Turkish tobaccos in particular). Do you think adding vodka would work for a cartomiser in this case? Perhaps dePeatrick might know? Also, I now realise that the 2x3x30ml is not a deal as such - the 3x30ml is and Wiggy was just getting two of them. Duh!

@dePeatrick

Do you think that the VIP USA liquid could be made to work with a cartomiser by adding a bit of vodka?

A cigar flavour is what dad likes (along with black tobacco in general and Egyptian/Turkish tobaccos in particular). Also, I now realise that the 2x3x30ml is not a deal as such - the 3x30ml is and Wiggy was just getting two of them. Duh!

It is very hard to recommend a juice to anyone as it is very individual but the VIP USA was the first one I tried a sample of at a Booth and liked it straight away, spent a month vaping it and then ordered some other juices online and bought some in stores (Wingnuts/Wicked/mom and Pop) and honestly I have not found a juice that has gone anywhere near the VIP juice.

• Advertisement

@dePeatrick

Do you think that the VIP USA liquid could be made to work with a cartomiser by adding a bit of vodka?

I see no reason why not....am quite sure that someone here will point out if there is a problem with doing so.

Edit: I just asked my OH to pick up a 10ml bottle of VIP USA today......have to try it again and see what it tastes like a second time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

The VIP eliquid works perfectly in a cartomizer, and you don't need to add anything (vodka or otherwise) to it to make it work. After all, cartomizers are what they make most of their money from, in the cigalikes.

I have used and highly recommend an Ego Mega Dual Coil cartomizer. I got mine from ESI at €3 a pop, but they appear to be out of stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah, vodka's just an option if you find the liquid's too thick to work in a carto. Most cigalike manufacturers would keep their liquids around 70-80%PG which'd be quite fluid so no problems.

Sending that stuff to you in a couple of minutes OcocO, was too busy at work to make the post office yesterday!

Wiggy wrote: »
    The VIP eliquid works perfectly in a cartomizer, and you don't need to add anything (vodka or otherwise) to it to make it work. After all, cartomizers are what they make most of their money from, in the cigalikes.

I have used and highly recommend an Ego Mega Dual Coil cartomizer. I got mine from ESI at €3 a pop, but they appear to be out of stock at the moment.

Good to know, thanks. I'd just like to be 100% sure that we're thinking of the same liquids because the VIP site states quite dramatically that their liquids don't work with cartomisers:

2dwds7s.png

(From http://www.vipelectroniccigarette.co.uk/30ml-e-liquid-c-34_36.html)

It's entirely possible that they felt they had to put this great big warning at the top of the page because someone at some point decided that they had been mis-sold the liquid when it didn't do what they were expecting and that, in fact, it works perfectly well with cartomisers as you said.

Has anyone tired the "Vaperus" liquid in the tobacco flavours?

http://www.vaperus.ie/22-vaperus-e-liquid

They're as cheap as chips but it seems that many people actually prefer the taste of the less expensive liquids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Good to know, thanks. I'd just like to be 100% sure that we're thinking of the same liquids because the VIP site states quite dramatically that their liquids don't work with cartomisers.

It's entirely possible that they felt they had to put this great big warning at the top of the page because someone at some point decided that they had been mis-sold the liquid when it didn't do what they were expecting and that, in fact, it works perfectly well with cartomisers as you said.

Yes, we're talking about the same liquid.

You can pop off the plastic white bit and refill their cartomizers if you wish.

However, I'd recommend you get an eGo Twist battery and an EGO Mega Cartomizer and use that instead. The difference in every respect will be huge.

http://www.vaperus.ie/basic-vaping-kits/343-mega-dual-coil-.html

That' same dual coil kit from Vaperus.ie two batteries, two cartomisers, charger etc.....€45 It is a good deal and I looked at some reviews of those cartomisers and they seem very good indeed.

ESI probably have a good deal on a starter kit too....will take a look and add it on here :)

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aio.htm
    This is charged and then used to charge the cigs, very slick. I'd say the first link I posted here is more suitable and will last a lot longer too, easier to use instead of fiddling around with portable charging devices but you will know what suits best yourself.

ESI probably have a good deal on a starter kit too....will take a look and add it on here :)

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

He wants to go with cartomisers Grindle.

Ah - he wanted to go cig-sized as well, I thought all options were becoming available.

He is getting them for his Dad so I guess it is kinda hard to decide what exactly to get. He has kinda settled on VIP USA liquid and I am trying some more of it out this evening to see if it is as good as I remember it.

http://www.vaperus.ie/basic-vaping-kits/343-mega-dual-coil-.html

That' same dual coil kit from Vaperus.ie two batteries, two cartomisers, charger etc.....€45 It is a good deal and I looked at some reviews of those cartomisers and they seem very good indeed.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aio.htm
    This is charged and then used to charge the cigs, very slick. I'd say the first link I posted here is more suitable and will last a lot longer too, easier to use instead of fiddling around with portable charging devices but you will know what suits best yourself.
    grindle wrote: »
    He wants to go with cartomisers Grindle.
    grindle wrote: »
    Ah - he wanted to go cig-sized as well, I thought all options were becoming available.
    He is getting them for his Dad so I guess it is kinda hard to decide what exactly to get. He has kinda settled on VIP USA liquid and I am trying some more of it out this evening to see if it is as good as I remember it.

Thank you very much for the links and suggestions. I'm looking at them with my father and trying to persuade him that, although they look more alien than the Matchless cigalike he tried and surprised us both by liking, they would be able to give a stronger hit and would last longer between charges - making the cigalikes seem gimmiky by comparison.

He is just now coming around to see the sense in this and has consented to let me get him one of the more businesslike but less cigalike models. His main concern now is that it should not be too heavy. The sites don't seem to give weights for their products but I'll drop them an email and see if they can tell me.

Thank you all again for your interest and help.

That's better that he has decided to go with a clearomiser model, gives that hit that a long term smoker needs, I smoked for 4 decades and tried a cig lookalike and hated it, tried an ego with a clearomiser and bought it straight away.....have not looked back :)

No more coughing and spluttering in the mornings, skin looks way better, and generally feel better and I mean mentally, somehow clearer, probably due to increased lung efficiency.....and I am only about 12 weeks or so off the cigarettes....I really hope he takes to them :)

Advertisement