Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I got there twice, fairly easy to run past and they stop chasing you when you get into the dragon but how easy it is for the dragon to one shot you only for you to have to make that run again just puts me off. I heard you can summon your mans
    head
    for the fight though, would nearly try again just to see what that looks like!

Yupp, 4 souls looks like Vendrick will have 2x the defense instead of 16x defense with 1 soul.

He just has his full body, you can summon him for the throne watchers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Speaking of, what is up with run up to the Ancient Dragon boss? load of giant knights and 3
    Ornsteins
    ??? Wouldn't even think of trying to fight them all.

I actually liked the approach. I did it so many times they stopped spawning, its not so bad with lighting and sunlight spears and its great for soul and item farming. I was intent on beating the dragon before NG+ but its just impossible.

I also got great craic out of invading other people on the final approach :P That's gonna be fun in NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He just has his full body, you can summon him for the throne watchers too.

Aw I thought it would be a floating head, just headbutting the dragon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah bloody Luciteil :mad:

Back at iron keep now , almost had him and she went can died from the aoe fire on him. Had to let him get me then, the red eye is not as effective as it is on say the rotten during that fight. I even asked the other lad I summoned to wear his too, to there were 2 of us using them and he still spent most of his time clobbering her :D

I have noticed though that sometimes she can be stuck out side for a good chunk of the fight, I must read up and see if thats reproducible in any way :confused:

Aw I thought it would be a floating head, just headbutting the dragon :(

Get on to the developers thats DLC gold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I actually liked the approach. I did it so many times they stopped spawning, its not so bad with lighting and sunlight spears and its great for soul and item farming. I was intent on beating the dragon before NG+ but its just impossible.
    Nah, not at all, Ancient Dragon is insanely powerful but his AI is so easy to abuse if you know which spots to hang around. Either exploit his front breath or rear stomp attack and he'll never fly.

Cydoniac wrote: »

Where the hell do you get those wings!

Best dark souls kill ever ^ :D

Must try that myself, just got the armor, to get it
    throw 3 aesthetics into the majula fire and spend 16 k with the armor merchant there.
    if in the 1st play.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think you can buy it in NG+, moonlight butterfly set or something. I think when you do a running jump it hovers too :D

1.03 patch notes from Reddit
    ew update information has been announced today in Japanese Dark souls site. Release date is yet to be confirmed. info.darksouls.jp/other/pc/information_detail/2014-03-28-01.html
    Patch notes.....
    Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human
    Bug where entrance door to Drangleic Castle did not open has been fixed
    failing to create multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items such as white soap stone
    starting boss fight with Mirror Knight while summoning coop player no longer fails / cancel summoning process
    death match error at the undead purgatory has been fixed
    you will no longer be able to take off Covenant related rings while being summoned
    bug which dropped items were not be able to picked up again due to the 'inventory is full ' message has been fixed
    dialog will now pop up when you enter the coffin at the Things Betwixt
    fixed bug where at certain areas blood stains, illusions and messages were not displayed
    bug which location of object and item were reset has been fixed
    display response time at character making has been improved
    bug where angle of the tattoo chosen at the character making screen did not display correctly has been fixed
    response time of start menu / bonfire menu has been improved
    certain items not being available at the shops in NG+ and later has been fixed
    summoned players no longer fall under the ground at Earthen Peak
    bug which caused souls to be lost while equipping life protection ring has been fixed
    bug which caused face icon displayed at the summon sign to be of different player has been fixed
    Trophy icon for the Guardian of Fort(?) fixed
    Controller now vibrate when guarding
    equip menu info on dark magic has been fixed
    bug which caused player to fall through elevator while using binoculars and casting spell has been fixed
    I did my best at translating but for some part I have no idea how things are called in English version, so there could be mistakes.
    Anyway, enjoy playing and praise the sun!

I see the life protection mentioned in there, no changes made only fixes which I have had happen a few times, usually during the dragon rider fight on the way to blue sentinels, happened every time with the ring on.

So that to me is a clear sign that those rings are otherwise as intended by the devs.

• Advertisement

response time of start menu / bonfire menu has been improved

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Ng+ the greedy vendor guy sells them if you spend enough souls. I thought the armor looked absolutely ridiculous and pointless but that kill is beyond epic

I look forward t not having to quit the game when 90% of the summonings or invasions fail.

Ng+ the greedy vendor guy sells them if you spend enough souls. I thought the armor looked absolutely ridiculous and pointless but that kill is beyond epic

So what is the story with NG+, do you keep all your gear/items like aged feather? Do NPC's reset to 0 as in what they sell, storyline, etc? Most important, can you start NG+ on a different save in case DLC gets released, you can go back to NG to play it if it takes place half way through the game?

So what is the story with NG+, do you keep all your gear/items like aged feather? Do NPC's reset to 0 as in what they sell, storyline, etc? Most important, can you start NG+ on a different save in case DLC gets released, you can go back to NG to play it if it takes place half way through the game?

You keep everything except keys. Its worth stocking up on titanite and spells and get as much as you can before you finish the first playthrough.
    You can't start it on a new save, to be honest I think NG+ is when the game really comes to life. More invasions, more items, tougher enemies and a couple of little sadistic surprises

Is there anything to stop you going straight for the king's seal when you start NG+?

Is there anything to stop you going straight for the king's seal when you start NG+?

You don't get to start with anything that can skip parts of the game. They take the kings ring fragrant branch of yore and all keys when you start.
    All NPC's are reset too so you can go on a rampage in majula before you finish

You don't get to start with anything that can skip parts of the game. They take the kings ring fragrant branch of yore and all keys when you start

Ah balls, thought you could keep the branch maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

But isn't sin carried over?

Santiers Spear been sat in my in my inventory for ages, never realised what I had, break it and then the fun begins :pac:

• Advertisement

You can't do it conventionally. You can
    Get to Drangleic castle with 1 million soul memory rather than the four souls
    though.

Turtles in PVP. Just give it up already.

You can't do it conventionally. You can
    Get to Drangleic castle with 1 million soul memory rather than the four souls
    though.

Turtles in PVP. Just give it up already.

How does that work ? I know about unpatching the game and doing the jumps but you would still have to
    beat the sinner to get the yor branch

calex71 wrote: »
    How does that work ? I know about unpatching the game and doing the jumps but you would still have to
    beat the sinner to get the yor branch
    It just does. 4 boss souls is not the only requirement to open that door. 1 million soul memory does it also. It's not a glitch.

It just does. 4 boss souls is not the only requirement to open that door. 1 million soul memory does it also. It's not a glitch.

Well thats a massive short cut and for me in NG++ to get to the chancellor
    for the last few spells

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Need titanite chunks so joined the Bell Covenant, if you wear the ring can you get summoned from anywhere or do you have to be in one of the areas?

Need titanite chunks so joined the Bell Covenant, if you wear the ring can you get summoned from anywhere or do you have to be in one of the areas?

Anywhere, you'll know it's searching to invade if the symbol by your health bar is flashing. There's one or 2 areas you won't invade from like majula for example.

So I just used a bonfire esthetic on the place unbeknownst bonfire to try and summon Bernhart for the giant lord again and get him to survive ( as well as get another giants soul) but lo and behold no summon sign for either him or drummond yet boss and everything has respawned, anyone any ideas?

If you wear the ring and just sit at the servants quarters bonfire in lost Bastille you will get summoned repeatedly, with hardly a pause between them I found.

Anywhere, you'll know it's searching to invade if the symbol by your health bar is flashing. There's one or 2 areas you won't invade from like majula for example.

So I just used a bonfire esthetic on the place unbeknownst bonfire to try and summon Bernhart for the giant lord again and get him to survive ( as well as get another giants soul) but lo and behold no summon sign for either him or drummond yet boss and everything has respawned, anyone any ideas?

Talk to him in Memory Of Orro and then go back in

Edit: If you are going for Luciteil aswell do not talk to here in Aldia's Keep unless you are 100% you have 3 wth her. I found this out the hard way :(

Edit Edit: The
    throne guardians
    don't count it seems for Bernheart

calex71 wrote: »
    Talk to him in Memory Of Orro and then go back in

Must have been just a bug, 2nd time i went in they were there. Now the never ending struggle
    to get him past the giant head alive.

• Advertisement

Vendrick on my 2nd go, thanks to johnnie about tip burning the aestetic in the gulch to get another gisbt soul. 5 souls made vendrick very easy.

Went onto the throne of want 1st time with 2 sun bros, got to final boss and I got greedy with my swings when it needed one more hit and I hit killed. The shame that I let the boys down was awful :(

I must say The Soul protection ring Is brilliant. Playing in human form is way better than hollow, summon signs every where.

Advertisement