Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Must have been just a bug, 2nd time i went in they were there. Now the never ending struggle
    to get him past the giant head alive.

Dash ahead and spawn it as soon as you go in then run back hand help him fight the giants

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

Talk to him in Memory Of Orro and then go back in

Edit: If you are going for Luciteil aswell do not talk to here in Aldia's Keep unless you are 100% you have 3 wth her. I found this out the hard way :(

Edit Edit: The
    throne guardians
    don't count it seems for Bernheart

Lucietel is long gone, didn't survive one fight because frankly she sucks and isn't worth the heartache.

Yeah I figured that about Benhart when it didn't drop for me last night. Even with the ring on the boss still keeps stamping on benhart :mad:

Lucietel is long gone, didn't survive one fight because frankly she sucks and isn't worth the heartache.

Yeah I figured that about Benhart when it didn't drop for me last night. Even with the ring on the boss still keeps stamping on benhart :mad:

Touch wood I got her through No Mans and smelter earlier, actually shout out to ColmHD for the help there, summoned him randomly saw on his tag he was Irish so maybe he's on here :confused: Either way big thanks for that one !!!!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh god what was I thinking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm pretty annoyed at how OP magic is in this game. It's no longer an option really for NG+/harder sections of the game, you pretty much need an enhancement on your weapon or good INT/FTH to stand a chance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have 30k souls and no weapons I REALLY need to upgrade the stats for. I'd rather not lose the souls - what's a good safe bet to throw them into right now?

My char:

Lvl 62

Vgr 13
    End 10
    Vit 22
    Atn 13
    Str 11
    Dex 16
    Adp 12
    Int 1
    Fth 17

I've been using the Firesword +5 and bow but not shield until now. However I decided to equip one against the 3 sentinels and I can see how handy they can be, so I might venture down that road. Anyway, what stats are best?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have not managed to get summoned once in Belfry Luna but got invaded plenty of times, need chunks to upgrade my +7 Mastodon Sword, wasted them all on a +8 Lightning Giant Club but I just don't like the move set. Blaaaaah

The achievement can go jump, killed giant lord then went straight to memories of Orro and murdered Benhart. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The achievement can go jump, killed giant lord then went straight to memories of Orro and murdered Benhart. :)

Did you get his cool sword?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Did you get his cool sword?

Theres actually some story to that

• Advertisement

I did indeed get the sword, or a swprd anyway, but I think I made a huge mistake, is black gulch the only place that respawns the giant soul if you burn the esthetic? Still only have 4 after all that :-/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I did indeed get the sword, or a swprd anyway, but I think I made a huge mistake, is black gulch the only place that respawns the giant soul if you burn the esthetic? Still only have 4 after all that :-/

I'm not sure (I think it's the only spot), but you should have five: three from memories, two from the gulch. You can ascetic a third time if you need to (good luck with all that poison in NG+ :pac:)

I'm not sure (I think it's the only spot), but you should have five: three from memories, two from the gulch. You can ascetic a third time if you need to (good luck with all that poison in NG+ :pac:)

You only get one from the gulch even though you fight 2 giants. The fifth (or 6th if you respawn gulch giants) soul is from the acient dragon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You only get one from the gulch even though you fight 2 giants. The fifth soul is from the acient dragon.

Yeah, but you can get a fifth easily if you use bonfire ascetic at the first gulch bonfire!

Yeah, but you can get a fifth easily if you use bonfire ascetic at the first gulch bonfire!

Yupp that's what I did after you said it earlier. Had 5 souls and didn't have to beat the dragon.

Irony of ironies, beat Vendrick straight away after that with only the 4 souls. Dark Souls be trolling me :o

Some stats from the PS4 trophy section (be aware some players may not have synced their progress):

80% of players have beaten the Last Giant.
    35% have lit the gulch or iron keep primal bonfires
    27% have beaten the Looking Glass Knight
    7.8% have defeated Vendrick
    Less than 1% have learned all pyromancies, miracles, spells or hexes
    9.6% have maxed out a covenant
    Only 1.0% have managed to two trickiest NPC trophies
    Dragon Remnants is the least found covenant
    32% have maxed out a weapon
    15% have seen the ending

Some stats from the PS4 trophy section (be aware some players may not have synced their progress):

80% of players have beaten the Last Giant.
    27% have beaten the Looking Glass Knight
    7.8% have defeated Vendrick
    Less than 1% have learned all pyromancies, miracles, spells or hexes
    9.6% have maxed out a covenant
    Only 1.0% have managed to two trickiest NPC trophies
    Dragon Remnants is the least found covenant
    32% have maxed out a weapon
    15% have seen the ending

Wat, only 15% have finished the game?

Which leads me on to my next question,
    once i beat the boss Nashandra in Throne of want is that when NG+ starts or do I have time for messing about after?

Shrine of Amana is ****ing stupid.

Shrine of Amana is ****ing stupid.

It's horrible, pretty much sniped everything with my bow.

• Advertisement

It's horrible, pretty much sniped everything with my bow.

Is there really no bonfire between the 1st one and the fog wall?

Is there really no bonfire between the 1st one and the fog wall?

There's three before the boss. There's also a few fog walls before the boss one too iirc.

Wat, only 15% have finished the game?

Which leads me on to my next question,
    once i beat the boss Nashandra in Throne of want is that when NG+ starts or do I have time for messing about after?

You have to
    do it form the bonfire in Majula, do what ever you weant it's fine until you manually tell it to go to NG+

Have made it to just before the 2nd fog wall, huge lake with a load of those mages, ugh, too tired for this sadistic madness :(

Never have I ever hated a game as much as I hate Dark Souls right now.

**** the Shrine of Amana, it's like they've set it out just to make it as stupid and annoying as possible.

Bed.

Ok keep getting cursed in the last fight, my soul protection ring breaks and I become hollow, anyway to stop this?

Ok keep getting cursed in the last fight, my soul protection ring breaks and I become hollow, anyway to stop this?

Down an estus is the only option really I think. I think the merchant in iron Keep sells a cursebite ring too which might help.

Just did the last fight there myself, summoned a couple of people and it was over in seconds, very disappointing for a final boss.

I just summoned 2 guys and they both died in the 1st attack :(

Ah who the **** invades on the last fight bastard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

NG+ is tough...

Advertisement