Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How the **** am I supposed to kill the bell gargoyles if every time I hang around as human trying to summon then I am invaded?

What a stupid decision to ram PvP down the players throat at this point in the game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quarryman wrote: »
    How the **** am I supposed to kill the bell gargoyles if every time I hang around as human trying to summon then I am invaded?

What a stupid decision to ram PvP down the players throat at this point in the game.

They're an optional boss, you can always come back to them when you level up a bit more. I took them out on my own once I got hold of a few pyromancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well ball. All effigies gone soul ring broke, 150k souls lost after being invaded but no sign of s phantom, had to head into the boss fight and died.

Anyone know where I can buy effigies besides the hag one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you're out of effigies - but only if you're completely out - I'd suggest checking out the door above the last bonfire in the Shrine. No particular reason *hums nonchalantly*

If you're out of effigies - but only if you're completely out - I'd suggest checking out the door above the last bonfire in the Shrine. No particular reason *hums nonchalantly*

To the shrine!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think that's accessible until after you beat the shrine boss? :(

Edit: nm mixed sheehy and iamanengine up there. Might be worth going to things betwixt also, was mucking around the other night, talked to the old hag and she gave me 6 effigies.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I beat that boss but never found the last bonfire. Just in his lair now

Ah just found it

Whoa, does that work every time you're hollow and have no effigies?

Edit: nm mixed sheehy and iamanengine up there. Might be worth going to things betwixt also, was mucking around the other night, talked to the old hag and she gave me 6 effigies.

Good call man! Went and got my 6 effigies there plus 1 from the crows. Back to drangleic Castle! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

quarryman wrote: »

Lightning and fire spells do a god bit of damage. Your better off hanging around the bonfire for a summon sign then head in to the gargoyles. Even if your invaded you don't have to fight you can just head straight through the fog gate to the boss fight

Yaaaaaaaaaa I feel so money supermarket right now!

• Advertisement

So my end game stats are:

260 deaths
    Time 49 hours 55 minutes

Level 119

Soul memory 1,867,766

Vgr 28
    End 20
    Vit 23
    Atn 12
    Str 32
    Dex 28
    Adp 20
    Int 3
    Fth 6

+10 lightning bastard sword
    +10 gyrm shield
    +5 havels armour

Still have 3 unknown locations on my travel map.

1 of the best games I ever played let down slightly by the forgettable bosses.

I'v given up trying to keep Lucatiel alive. She doesn't seem to bother blocking and anytime i go to heal her she steps back just enough to avoid the spell radius. I gave her one last chance and she just fell off the edge of the iron keep into the lava. What a clown of an NPC

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'v given up trying to keep Lucatiel alive. She doesn't seem to bother blocking and anytime i go to heal her she steps back just enough to avoid the spell radius. I gave her one last chance and she just fell off the edge of the iron keep into the lava. What a clown of an NPC

She isn't fit to lick Solair's boots

Only missing one bonfire in forest of giants and just can't find it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Only missing one bonfire in forest of giants and just can't find it.
    down ladder from cardinal tower, go left from the bottom of it (facing the ladder) then left again then on the right should be a door requiring the soldiers key

Any way i can drop stuff for people i summon? I've got an abundance of sunlight medals i don't need

Any way i can drop stuff for people i summon? I've got an abundance of sunlight medals i don't need

Go into your inventory, select it and then select 'leave' maybe?

Gonna try kill the Smelter Demon tonight, tough mofo, even with 2 others summoned it's a pain. can get him down to about 1/4 health then get hit with a big attack.

Go into your inventory, select it and then select 'leave' maybe?

Leave is greyed out over the sunlight medals. No tips for the sun bro's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Leave is greyed out over the sunlight medals. No tips for the sun bro's
    You can't drop items like sunlight medals, giant souls, etc. You can drop other stuff though.

• Advertisement

down ladder from cardinal tower, go left from the bottom of it (facing the ladder) then left again then on the right should be a door requiring the soldiers key

I opened all the doors around there, think I'll light the sconces as it's fairly dark and will check again. Thanks man

Krudler, you get a gyrm shield in door of pharros location? 100% fire defense, handy against smelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I opened all the doors around there, think I'll light the sconces as it's fairly dark and will check again. Thanks man

Krudler, you get a gyrm shield in door of pharros location? 100% fire defense, handy against smelter.
    When you go up the long tree branch to the top of the fort wall, you will see a whole area you probably missed with scaffolding over water. It's around that area.

Where's
    Havels armour
    located? be handy to tank up with

krudler wrote: »
    Where's
    Havels armour
    located? be handy to tank up with

You need a key first
    called the forgotten key or ancient key or something, you get it from the giants in Black Gulch, then take the ladder down the hole in Majula at the bottom of which is another ladder going up to an old stone door.

I know why im getting invaded a lot. My sin went up after i murdered benhart and gilligan. Its worth it though and i'll do it again, lucatiel is on my ****list now too

I've killed 3 npcs I think, some dude sitting by the bonfire in Huntsman's Copse, the pyromancer lady in Majula but I brought her back, and someone else I can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    I've killed 3 npcs I think, some dude sitting by the bonfire in Huntsman's Copse, the pyromancer lady in Majula but I brought her back, and someone else I can't remember

Likely the
    one that sells spells between huntsmans and heide's you invade

Have to say they did a brilliant job on NG+ not just making enemies harder. Very cool moment in Brightstone cove and probably not the last like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have to say they did a brilliant job on NG+ not just making enemies harder. Very cool moment in Brightstone cove and probably not the last like it

Ha just did that section earlier,
    those 3 pigs from Majula had some big brothers,
    Had to redo that section as I forgot to take Benheart along .... again which was how I screwed his story up the 1st time, thank fook I remembered before I got the killing blow in on the boss and just let it kill me,

And those peasant farmers are on steroids there on NG+ :eek:

Actually did
    spider woman
    pop up there the 1st time through ? Don't remember that happening on NG :confused:

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Ha just did that section earlier,
    those 3 pigs from Majula had some big brothers,
    Had to redo that section as I forgot to take Benheart along .... again which was how I screwed his story up the 1st time, thank fook I remembered before I got the killing blow in on the boss and just let it kill me,

And those peasant farmers are on steroids there on NG+ :eek:

Actually did
    spider woman
    pop up there the 1st time through ? Don't remember that happening on NG :confused:

Those peasant farmers took more hits than the giants in pharros. That guy who throws the axe near the pharros exit seems to have improved his aim aswell he caught me square in the forehead.
    Freja is definitely new, everything started shaking then a giant spider just appeared in front of me. It was pretty epic and caught me off guard

Advertisement