Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Decided to play new game plus for the laugh to see how far could I speed run through it till my dinner was ready. Ran past everyone and got to the
    last giant
    and got him in one round , got the key and took out
    the pursuer
    went to the last bastille and took out the
    ruin sentinels
    in one go aswell :O

already outside
    the lost sinner
    after about 20 mins :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Decided to play new game plus for the laugh to see how far could I speed run through it till my dinner was ready. Ran past everyone and got to the
    last giant
    the pursuer
    ruin sentinels

already outside
    the lost sinner

Ha I was going grand up to that point on NG+ , that cow took some effort with suicidal Luciteil in tow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

last giant
    the pursuer
    ruin sentinels

already outside
    the lost sinner
    **** the lost sinner
    Easily the toughest boss yet, not counting the one hit kill ancient dragon

**** the lost sinner
    Easily the toughest boss yet, not counting the one hit kill ancient dragon

She
    summons pyromacys
    when you get her down to half health on NG+

She
    summons pyromacys
    when you get her down to half health on NG+

Ya its ridiculous to do solo. Really caught me out i didn't expect them to change up the boss fights in Ng+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so stuff changes in NG+? interesting..

krudler wrote: »

Yeah, some bosses have different attack patterns or get help , some new enemies appear and lots of red phantoms :L

Its making me paranoid. I have to rotate the camera every minute just to make sure im not about to get smashed from behind. NG+ is done really well im enjoying it a lot more than the first playthrough because its still full of surprises

Its making me paranoid. I have to rotate the camera every minute just to make sure im not about to get smashed from behind. NG+ is done really well im enjoying it a lot more than the first playthrough because its still full of surprises

Excellent, good that they want to keep you on your toes, wonder is it just for the initial NG+ or will ++ have even more changes.

Anyone else thing there's a lack of armour in this compared to the first one? or at least stuff that you can mix and match between for certain areas. I've been using the Drangaelic Mail for nearly all of it.

Excellent, good that they want to keep you on your toes, wonder is it just for the initial NG+ or will ++ have even more changes.

Anyone else thing there's a lack of armour in this compared to the first one? or at least stuff that you can mix and match between for certain areas. I've been using the Drangaelic Mail for nearly all of it.

the armour dude sells bosses armour in majula , though you have to buy something there first

• Advertisement

the armour dude sells bosses armour in majula , though you have to buy something there first

Interesting, do you need the boss souls for that? or is that just for weapons. I spent most of mine I went for higher stats, will keep em on NG+ and use them for weapons

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Annoyed at there being no decent light shields, drangleic shield is the only viable shield that isn't a great shield. I miss my black knight shield :(

Not really sure but I dont think you do , cause I remember spending most of my boss souls to make their weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Before NG+ Dark Souls first playthroughs are just the tutorial!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Before NG+ Dark Souls first playthroughs are just the tutorial!

This is true, the 2nd playthrough is much more doing what you need to instead of bumbling your way through the levels and falling for traps.

Maybe it's just me but in the 1st game I was changing armor all the time for poison red or fire res etc then had my normal melee set here there doesn't seem to be the same benefit to doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'd say they'll nerf the Drangleic set. It's easy to get early game and its stats are ridiculously high for that stage. When you get the Knights set in Heides or when the merchant gets the Elite set in they're both redundant which shouldn't be the case.

The Antiquated set in DS1 wasn't half as bad and it got nerfed.

calex71 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but in the 1st game I was changing armor all the time for poison red or fire res etc then had my normal melee set here there doesn't seem to be the same benefit to doing that.

Yeah exactly, I'd have stuff like the gold hemmed set for flame resist and chuck my regular stuff back on. every other person I summon has the same armour as me on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just need to perfect the whole "not rolling into the knights blade" kinda action, along with "running away", then I think I'll get somewhere.
    For context I'm at the Tree Giant thingy, that's where I was for a good hour before I had to say goodnight and tend to my wounded ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

penev10 wrote: »
    I'd say they'll nerf the Drangleic set. It's easy to get early game and its stats are ridiculously high for that stage. When you get the Knights set in Heides or when the merchant gets the Elite set in they're both redundant which shouldn't be the case.

Yeah I agree, I was looking forward to getting new knight armour from different locations and even the Iron Keep guys was worse than the drangleic set, had it on for most of the game.

• Advertisement

What are the stats on the Drangleic +5 ? I think the reason I didn't use it was the upgrade material , so am using Alonne Cpt Armor, Hexer Hood for the extra pyro casts, Blossom Kite + a Chloranthy +2 gives me insane stamina regin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

penev10 wrote: »

You mean to tell me you equip armour based on stats and not on how they look?

Finally sat down to break Santiers Spear this is permanent and give it infinite durability now and makes it super fast , have it +4 because I don't have enough twinkling titanite just yet , went raw as I don't have enough in my lowest stats to make it as effective as mundane, going to put it to the test in the gutter and black gulch now, it's spinny move of death made bits of the dogs at McDuffs work shop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Reached the Belfry yesterday.

God I suck at PvP.

Also, Gargoyles? Again? Same music IIRC?

When it got to three of them I died.

Will probably have to summon for second boss fight in a row after Sentinels.

noodler wrote: »
    Reached the Belfry yesterday.

God I suck at PvP.

Practice the guard break and you'll destroy anyone who's doesn't lag in pvp. I do it with the talisman and point blank sunlight spear them into oblivion

Old Iron King down, now where do I go? Don't think I've any bosses left to fight in the areas I have opened up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Finally sat down to break Santiers Spear this is permanent and give it infinite durability now and makes it super fast , have it +4 because I don't have enough twinkling titanite just yet , went raw as I don't have enough in my lowest stats to make it as effective as mundane, going to put it to the test in the gutter and black gulch now, it's spinny move of death made bits of the dogs at McDuffs work shop :pac:

What does the Mundane stone do? I know it lowers the base damage but assumed it had some hidden benfit? Also how does breakin Santiers Spear make it more effective? :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just broke it in 5 minutes there, hitting dead bodies with it is much quicker than hitting rocks. Doesn't seem to scale with anything though?

Old Iron King down, now where do I go? Don't think I've any bosses left to fight in the areas I have opened up

Have you found a statue blocking a lever near majula?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it too soon to ask for dlc? Reading up about nashandra, it links her to ds1, must read up more on the lore.

Advertisement