Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Soul Geyser is a massively OP sorcery , well OP is debatable given the INT needed but it's in that
    acid cage in Aldias Keep
    . 2 of them are enough to take the F'r out once he's on the ground.

In PVP if you haver time to cast it before they get to you then it's 100% guaranteed win every time, not that i went to belfry luna/sol with it before respecing to melee or anything :o

Hah nice, I think I've been on receiving end of it a few times but then I've one shotted plenty of people with flame swathe too :D

Will give one more go with the Pyro/melee before I re-spec.

Edit: No respec necessary, made **** of him with firestorm and flame swath :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just melee soloed the sentinels on NG+. Come for me bitches...

EDIT: OOOOH MAN! Soloed Gargoyles with just a sword. Seriously on a roll here.

Has anyone been called for Way of Blue covenant? The ring has done nothing for hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was actually surprised to hear the gargoyles were giving people trouble. I got them solo first go, must have just been lucky although I definitely think having a sorcery build was handy for that fight.

I was actually surprised to hear the gargoyles were giving people trouble. I got them solo first go, must have just been lucky although I definitely think having a sorcery build was handy for that fight.
    Sorcery in this game is easy mode. Proof in this video

Not gonna say 'real players use weapons', buuuuuuuuttttttt...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Final stats for my first play through:

SL138

Soul Memory: 3,402,879

VGR: 27
    END: 28
    VIT: 13
    ATN: 16 (for Pyromancy)
    STR: 21
    DEX: 40
    ADP: 35
    INT: 7
    FTH: 5

Play time 98 hours, thats with a lot of mucking around though, 3 covenants maxed out (Bell Keepers, Heirs of the Sun and Pilgrims of the Dark)

455 deaths apparently!

Main Gear:

+10 Black Steel Katana
    +10 Fire Uchi
    +10 Ricard's Rapier
    +5 Spider Silk
    +10 Short Bow
    +10 Pyromancy Flame
    +5 Drangleic Shield (Though I just got the king's Shield there and upgraded to +4)

On to NG+ tomorrow night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Where's the best place to farm titanite shards? I have a few large ones and some chunks but no regular ones, found the Uchi last night and wanna buff it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

krudler wrote: »
    Where's the best place to farm titanite shards? I have a few large ones and some chunks but no regular ones, found the Uchi last night and wanna buff it

You can buy unlimited shards from one of the npcs when they go to majula. the one from harvest valley

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mickeroo wrote: »
    down ladder from cardinal tower, go left from the bottom of it (facing the ladder) then left again then on the right should be a door requiring the soldiers key

Found it, how the hell did I miss that before :o All bonfires lit, the basement in Majula Mansion is kinda cool once it's done.

Great read here about the lore

http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-total-lore-and-location-breakdown/

Basically how
    Drangleic is Lordran and how a lot of the bosses in DKS1 can be linked to DKS2 and how a lot of the locations match or are connected.

You can buy unlimited shards from one of the npcs when they go to majula. the one from harvest valley

The chick near the bonfire when you arrive? does she just go there at a certain point in the story or when you buy enough stuff? the old merchant in the Forest of Fallen Giants hasnt even gone to Majula yet for me and I'm well into it.

I just realised last night I'd missed a big part of the Doors of Pharros area, forgot about the ramp near the first bonfire, made it to Brightsone and got flattened by a boulder :/

The chick near the bonfire when you arrive? does she just go there at a certain point in the story or when you buy enough stuff? the old merchant in the Forest of Fallen Giants hasnt even gone to Majula yet for me and I'm well into it.

I just realised last night I'd missed a big part of the Doors of Pharros area, forgot about the ramp near the first bonfire, made it to Brightsone and got flattened by a boulder :/

The stone collector from the beginning of Harvest Valley, if you talk to her enough times she says its time to move shop. Same with all the merchants just talk to them enough times and you either get free items or they move to majula

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Found it, how the hell did I miss that before :o All bonfires lit, the basement in Majula Mansion is kinda cool once it's done.

Great read here about the lore

http://fextralife.com/dark-souls-2-total-lore-and-location-breakdown/

Basically how
    Drangleic is Lordran and how a lot of the bosses in DKS1 can be linked to DKS2 and how a lot of the locations match or are connected.

In new game + the bosses
    drop additional souls like old pale one and old dead one, referring to Nito and Seth and others

The stone collector from the beginning of Harvest Valley, if you talk to her enough times she says its time to move shop. Same with all the merchants just talk to them enough times and you either get free items or they move to majula

Ah ok, I usually just buy my stuff and move on, all things to know for NG+

Did anyone else happen to wander over to the miracle lady in maJula after they were in undead crypt with the
    crushed orb in your inventory. She gave me more trouble than most of the bosses!!

checked my deaths offline last night, 243 so far, although notch a few more up afterwards, died from a boulder in Brightone Cove or whatever it's called, find there's way more cheap deaths in this compared to the first one.

I did laugh at being walloped by one of those wall snake things in Black Gulch though, being flung off the edge and landing on a platform I didn't know was there, thought I lucked out, wandered further into the tunnel and got hammered by a load of big dudes, sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Finally got a chance to finish it with having to have spent a few days away from the game. Last boss was annoying but not overly difficult, now it's time to go figure out all the secrets :D

I know I've missed a load of NPC stuff, I did a bit of wiki reading on areas I'd already been to and I've only encountered Pate once, the first time you meet him, and that Luciel chick three times, she's useless though so I don't care about her :pac:

Currently Duel wielding Pyromancy Gloves+10 penal handcuffs+5 and the forbidden sun spell. The belfrie has been up in flames all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Has anyone tried a dual world caestus build? Gunna try that next, apparently in power stance it does a tonne of damage!

Has anyone tried a dual world caestus build? Gunna try that next, apparently in power stance it does a tonne of damage!

It looks crazy, i got destroyed by someone doing it

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Basically how
    I don't think Drangleic is Lordran at all. The giants needed to find a new home, so fled Lordran (hence Gwynevere etc are not actually there, they are images created by Gwyndolin) and crossed the sea to come to Drangleic bringing the Lordvessel with them (the Lordvessel can be found smashed in Majula mansion basement), they lost the war due to Nashandra's plans. Heide's Tower of Flame looks like Anor Londo but I don't think it is, more that it was built with Anor Londo as a blueprint. There are definitely wavering links but I don't personally think they are the same world. I also think this looks very like Drangleic Castle; http://i.cubeupload.com/igmRUr.png

• Advertisement

Did anyone else happen to wander over to the miracle lady in maJula after they were in undead crypt with the
    crushed orb in your inventory. She gave me more trouble than most of the bosses!!

Doesn't go quietly thats for sure :D

Interesting when you
    invade she mentions something about being found out
    was there any more detail to that :confused:

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't think Drangleic is Lordran at all. The giants needed to find a new home, so fled Lordran (hence Gwynevere etc are not actually there, they are images created by Gwyndolin) and crossed the sea to come to Drangleic bringing the Lordvessel with them (the Lordvessel can be found smashed in Majula mansion basement), they lost the war due to Nashandra's plans. Heide's Tower of Flame looks like Anor Londo but I don't think it is, more that it was built with Anor Londo as a blueprint. There are definitely wavering links but I don't personally think they are the same world. I also think this looks very like Drangleic Castle; http://i.cubeupload.com/igmRUr.png

Something else caught my ear , can't recall what point og the game it was that mentioned
    vendrick destroying the four great ones

Something else caught my ear , can't recall what point og the game it was that mentioned
    vendrick destroying the four great ones
    You also get souls of the 4 old Great Souls from the main 4 bosses in NG+ and beyond. The Lost Sinner is almost definitely one of the Daughters of Chaos, you can see the Chaos Bug from Bed of Chaos crawl into her eye at the start.

Doesn't go quietly thats for sure :D

Interesting when you
    invade she mentions something about being found out
    was there any more detail to that :confused:

I just took it that she was
    a crook all along. Her dialogue through out the game was always hinting at her being less than honourable in her intentions. THe constant healing and emit force was tough to deal with.

You also get souls of the 4 old Great Souls from the main 4 bosses in NG+ and beyond. The Lost Sinner is almost definitely one of the Daughters of Chaos, you can see the Chaos Bug from Bed of Chaos crawl into her eye at the start.
    I think it more likely it was someone who took the daughters' souls and tried to tap into the power only to be over come rather than Lost Sinner being a daughter of chaos themself.

Re Ceastus build, saw this vid on Reddit earlier:

the Lost Sinner is a girl? huh, I was too busy rolling for my life to take notice :pac:

the Lost Sinner is a girl? huh, I was too busy rolling for my life to take notice :pac:

Yeah I had no idea either until I saw people talking about it online.

You can buy the equipment after, it's a penal skirt amongst the rest. Soul description refers to her as 'she'

You can buy the equipment after, it's a penal skirt amongst the rest. Soul description refers to her as 'she'

Who sells the boss armour and that?

Who sells the boss armour and that?
    I think it's Maughlin. He lives next to the pit in Majula. Malentia also sells certain boss armour so she might have it too. Penal Mask is great for equipment load reduction/protection.

• Advertisement

I think it's Maughlin. He lives next to the pit in Majula.

The guy sitting on the floor in the house? I went to him lastnight and he only has 2 fairly basic sets for sale, is there something I need to do before he'll stock the armour?

Advertisement