Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The guy sitting on the floor in the house? I went to him lastnight and he only has 2 fairly basic sets for sale, is there something I need to do before he'll stock the armour?

The more you buy the more he sells. He had a huge collection by the time i finished the first playthrough

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The more you buy the more he sells. He had a huge collection by the time i finished the first playthrough

Ah, guess I'll have to clear him out later on before I move into NG+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The guy sitting on the floor in the house? I went to him lastnight and he only has 2 fairly basic sets for sale, is there something I need to do before he'll stock the armour?
    You need to fund him more. He'll start off timid, then more confident, then he'll act like he doesn't know you, that's when you know you've gotten access to all his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the Irish guy is gas, the way he pronounces miniatures made me laugh a few times talking to him

Was there meant to be a primal bonfire after The Rotten? I dont think I lit one there but I got a big soul from him? i just left the chamber and went back to the bonfire

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Was there meant to be a primal bonfire after The Rotten? I dont think I lit one there but I got a big soul from him? i just left the chamber and went back to the bonfire

There is yeah, should be a passage off his chamber leading to it.

There is yeah, should be a passage off his chamber leading to it.

Ah sh1te, back there I go later then dunno how I missed that, so thats the rotten, the lost sinner and the old iron king down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looking glass knight took me ages to get done on NG+ because of invasions , the amount of times I had them spawn on top of me at the boss fog just as the invasion message appeared was not even funny :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    Looking glass knight took me ages to get done on NG+ because of invasions , the amount of times I had them spawn on top of me at the boss fog just as the invasion message appeared was not even funny :mad:

They're probably all trying to do it so they spawn out of his shield in the fight.

I take it invasions are a lot more common in NG+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not overpowered at all!

• Advertisement

Doesn't go quietly thats for sure :D

Interesting when you
    invade she mentions something about being found out
    was there any more detail to that :confused:

Actually, did a bit of googling there and apparently she's supposed to be
    the Nameless Usurper who invades a few times throughout the game.

They're probably all trying to do it so they spawn out of his shield in the fight.

I take it invasions are a lot more common in NG+?

A lot more so, it's gas the knight telegraphs that summon and all you have to do is stand infront of his shield and wait for them to one shot kill them :D

I was reading the PvP people of non ganker variety were settling for level 150 as the place to be for PVP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I dont mind people using magic but if I am pvp with you , use your sword

nothing worse bringing a gun in a knife fight

Spells are very easy to dodge and the most powerful ones are in limited supply. If a caster wastes his best spells early then he's pretty much lost. Most casters will have low HP aswell so it takes fewer hits to kill them

Hell naw I love seeing some caster or pyromancer standing there trying to lob spells while I roll around and shove a sword in his back, melee pvp can go on for aaages.

When I see them powering up soul arrow or something I role towards them, it misses, stab stab stab with the rapier, profit.

Obviously sometimes I get flattened too but I'm generally more confident of a win if I see a staff in their hands rather than an Ultra Greatsword or Spear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just picked up the Crushed Eye Orb, where abouts do you use it?

Just picked up the Crushed Eye Orb, where abouts do you use it?

Go say hi
    to all the NPCs around Majula, you'll know when to use it . Be warned it's a tough fight.
    :)

Hell naw I love seeing some caster or pyromancer standing there trying to lob spells while I roll around and shove a sword in his back, melee pvp can go on for aaages.

Iv been duel wielding pyromancer gloves all morning and taking on invaders in the belfrie. Its fantastic craic

Iv been duel wielding pyromancer gloves all morning and taking on invaders in the belfrie. Its fantastic craic

You can hardly power stance them can you? :pac: i'm so annoyed
    I pulled that Lever and didn't get forbidden sun as a result

• Advertisement

You can hardly power stance them can you? :pac: i'm so annoyed
    I pulled that Lever and didn't get forbidden sun as a result

Nah just quicker casting. Forbidden sun is lethal, im going to get a 2nd one on NG+ and stack them

Nah just quicker casting. Forbidden sun is lethal, im going to get a 2nd one on NG+ and stack them

Have you been getting much hate mail? :D I've been very disappointed, only time I got abuse was when I was called a hacker due to bad lag after a fight I lost!

Edit: Oh wait i actually got called a "healing ***got" too after I got invaded. I told him to git gud!

Do you use the Penal Handcuffs? Was wondering what difference they made to the pyros , am I right that the dark pyro is for when you are hollow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mallory Rancid Sunset

Have you been getting much hate mail? :D I've been very disappointed, only time I got abuse was when I was called a hacker due to bad lag after a fight I lost!

Edit: Oh wait i actually got called a "healing ***got" too after I got invaded. I told him to git gud!

Worst I got was a simple "get cancer ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I just took it that she was
    a crook all along. Her dialogue through out the game was always hinting at her being less than honourable in her intentions. THe constant healing and emit force was tough to deal with.

She also
    bullsh*ts you about needing a special miracle to change the path, if you watch closely she has a little key that she sneakily uses

Very rarely get hate mail, only off americans when they lose to "lag" I got called a hacker a few days ago and he said he was going to report me to microsoft

Do you use the Penal Handcuffs? Was wondering what difference they made to the pyros , am I right that the dark pyro is for when you are hollow?
    Ya +5 penal handcuffs, im doing 1500 damage with a flame swath and 1200 with forbidden sun plus some extra damage burning damage if they dont move.
    Im using the dark pyro to throw toxic mist which makes a nice cloud then blasting them with forbidden sun and they can never see it coming through the cloud

I got one saying healing "wasnt allowed" on pvp, pfffft says who? while he was busy conjuring up some overpowered spell he gut stabbed

Invaders in shrine of amara, not cool, not cool at all :mad:

I got one saying healing "wasnt allowed" on pvp, pfffft says who? while he was busy conjuring up some overpowered spell he gut stabbed

If I summon someone for a duel I won't heal (unless they try and spam me while I'm bowing or something) but if they invade then I'll keep healing until they're dead and spam the "Very Good!" carving stone as they die. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ahahahah that moment when you kill Vendstat, enter the room with the creepy King, and then to turn around and nearly chop the poor Emerald Herald's head off!!!

She took me by surprise :P

Advertisement