Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If I summon someone for a duel I won't heal (unless they try and spam me while I'm bowing or something) but if they invade then I'll keep healing until they're dead and spam the "Very Good!" carving stone as they die. :pac:

Exactly, if you invade someone expect them to do anything to defend themselves, my most triumphant pvp moment so far was being invaded in Belfry Sol and managing to take out the two dwarf guys, the enemy gray spirit or whatever it is and the guy who invaded me as well, in yo faaaace!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

OK so a lever with about 15 dev messages saying Pull Back and then Don't You Dare!... I dear for my safety...but soooo tempting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

OK so a lever with about 15 dev messages saying Pull Back and then Don't You Dare!... I dear for my safety...but soooo tempting :(
    Don't open it, talk to the guy behind the blue shield at the opposite side and he gives you a few quests to do. You get an unreal pyromancy spell for it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't do it, I did and regret.

Don't open it, talk to the guy behind the blue shield at the opposite side and he gives you a few quests to do. You get an unreal pyromancy spell for it

I'd been wondering would that minature ladder I bought come in handy :P
    Any downside to killing Cale?

• Advertisement

I'd been wondering would that minature ladder I bought come in handy :P
    Any downside to killing Cale?
    You don't actually have to kill anyone, just have certain items they give you in your inventory. I just talked the guy once and had every item he wanted with me at the time. There's no downside to killing Cale, don't think he does anything important

You don't actually have to kill anyone, just have certain items they give you in your inventory. I just talked the guy once and had every item he wanted with me at the time. There's no downside to killing Cale, don't think he does anything important
    How did you get Cale's helm do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmm isn't there an achievement tied to him post final boss ? Not sure If he needs to be alive or not can't remember.

Edit: Yes it's the curious map one, you have to talk to him to unlock it .

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmm isn't there an achievement tied to him post final boss ? Not sure If he needs to be alive or not can't remember.

Edit: Yes it's the curious map one, you have to talk to him to unlock it .

He'll just give you what you need at that point too if you keep talking to him, no need to kill him.

Keep talking to him. I think its after you beat the final boss so maybe leave it until then and get everything before Ng+

• Advertisement

The view just before the Guardian Dragon is truly amazing.

Favourite sight so far.

Edit - Wow and the view after!!

Edit 2 - DAAAAAMN and the Dragon Aerie!! Holy f*ck that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Light every bonfire in the game. Click travel at one to see what ones you are missing. Then go to cale in the basement and talk to him. Where is that assassin quest guy? I went back looking for him but can't remember where he is.

Aldia's keep be careful how you approach it , or you can screw yourself out of it like a few of us did on NG

calex71 wrote: »
    Aldia's keep be careful how you approach it , or you can screw yourself out of it like a few of us did on NG

How so? I've already one through it :(

Also I'm confused, I only have 1 Giant Soul but I was hitting Vendrick for like 200 damage? :confused:

I'm a bit lost in Dragon Aerie, just seem to be going around in circles here, killed 2 big dragons then went into a cave which led out to a ledge and then dropped down onto another dragon and killed that...but it all just seems to loop around?

I'm a bit lost in Dragon Aerie, just seem to be going around in circles here, killed 2 big dragons then went into a cave which led out to a ledge and then dropped down onto another dragon and killed that...but it all just seems to loop around?

There's a bridge that leads you over to another area. You should be near it after the last dragon you killed

How so? I've already one through it :(

Also I'm confused, I only have 1 Giant Soul but I was hitting Vendrick for like 200 damage? :confused:

Ah if you have 1 then you are fine, it's getting the quest to trigger if you pull the switch and let him out you won't be able to start it, as for the giant seeds there are more in
    the memory of ... areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Interestingly it's actually
    Navlaan who probably left those messages himself. He has a split personality and is saving you from himself. His invasion spam is insanely annoying if you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Any word on when the 1.03 patch arrives?

So, unfortunately back off to college once again so no more Dark Souls for a week.

Made it to the Ancient Dragon fog wall, got summoned, host got one shotted, said bugger that.

Went to the Kings Gate in Forest of Fallen Giants, that lead to nothing.

Went to the King's Gate in Drangleic Castle, went into Throne of Want boss, seems insanely easy nearly had both dead on 1st attempt but rolled off a cliff, so calling it there.

The world seems to have become really linear or something since getting the 4 main souls. Seem to have all bonfires got bar 2 in Drangleic, not sure exactly what I'm meant to be doing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I got to a blighttown clone (no framerate drop, praise the light) and lost 50,000 souls. I hung my head and turned it off.

quarryman wrote: »
    Any word on when the 1.03 patch arrives?

The patch notes are out so probably tomorrow on ps3 and tuesday on xbox

So I got to a blighttown clone (no framerate drop, praise the light) and lost 50,000 souls. I hung my head and turned it off.

Don't worry too much about souls, im walking around with over 400,000 on NG+ and nothing to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Don't worry too much about souls, im walking around with over 400,000 on NG+ and nothing to do with them

Thats all well and good, but im stuck on a boss and there is not many places left to farm and also to practice melee combat and rolling.

Lucateils gear is mine :)

Was that
    her brother that invades in Aldia's Keep
    I wasn't listening carefully enough to one of her earlier conversations when it was mentioned.

Thats all well and good, but im stuck on a boss and there is not many places left to farm and also to practice melee combat and rolling.

Have you got the ring of life protection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Wonder would there be enough players here to do a tournament of sorts? Or at least some fun Boards PVP. You could use the ring of engraving and red soapstone to summon fellow players, provided we're similar levels (which I think most of us are)

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Wonder would there be enough players here to do a tournament of sorts? Or at least some fun Boards PVP. You could use the ring of engraving and red soapstone to summon fellow players, provided we're similar levels (which I think most of us are)

At least there could be some gentlemanly conduct unlike the cheap death I just had, got shot in the back while under a
    Dragon in the Aerie
    , takes a special kind of as$hole to take that cheap kill.

Conversely though, I was in brightstone cove earlier, and was up buying from the NPC in the church when I got invaded, guy sent me a ? where are you message after a few minutes , I was planning on hopping down the ladder at him :pac: but he was at the bottom with no way up to me and said he'd wait till id made the area safe, I lost the fight but only because I would have felt scummy using an estus when the guy was willing to engage in a straight up fisticuffs :)

Cydoniac wrote: »

Could start a new build and cap it at around level 50. Theres a few sections in Heides tower of flame that would good for pvp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So. The last giant.

Was he meant to be hard?

Advertisement