Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

2smiggy wrote: »
    Where I go after dradgonrider? Been busy at work and today first time to play
    Did you explore the rest of the area? There's another path past the bonfire you can take, going left instead of right.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Does anyone want to give me a hint of how far I am from the end. Proper enjoying this but at the same time Infamous is calling to me.

I've just gotten through Drangleic Castle and am at the second bonfire in the Shrine of Amara (sp??)

Also, all the bonfire locations are now shown when I go to travel, even the ones I haven't found. Bug or intentional?

chickenboy wrote: »
    Does anyone want to give me a hint of how far I am from the end. Proper enjoying this but at the same time Infamous is calling to me.

I've just gotten through Drangleic Castle and am at the second bonfire in the Shrine of Amara (sp??)

Also, all the bonfire locations are now shown when I go to travel, even the ones I haven't found. Bug or intentional?
    I would say you're about 75%. That's intentional, it gives you an idea of what you missed (and is actually a hint in a sense - you'll need to explore early areas after getting an important key item)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Did you explore the rest of the area? There's another path past the bonfire you can take, going left instead of right.

To fight ******

2smiggy wrote: »
    To fight onstein?
    hint hint hide that! Yep. Well go past Dragonrider, it should lead you to a new area if you go through the inside of the tower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Made it as far as Belfry Gargoyles last night on NG+ (which I beat solo!), the difficulty is ramped up nicely but I'd be pretty screwed without pyromancy tbh, dex weapons are pretty underpowered in this imo don't think I'd have gotten past the sentinels without help the damage I was doing was pathetic.

Getting my ass handed to me more in PvP now than I was in NG too, everyone has massive great swords that reach a few metres past the end of their blade and stun lock me until I'm dead.

Was just in the belfry sol and noticed the exact same thing, did he have pine resin or lightning on the blade? I was a full roll away and he still hit me.

calex71 wrote: »
    Was just in the belfry sol and noticed the exact same thing, did he have pine resin or lightning on the blade? I was a full roll away and he still hit me.
    Something about greatswords and lag seem to do that, it's terribly annoying. Rolling is harder when they do the big vertical swings. Tend to just block it and run away.

If you're facing someone with a greatsword, it makes it a lot easier if you learn to defend yourself without locking on. You can literally run circles around them and get your backstab in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its definitely Lag. There's an update to the servers tomorrow that will hopefully sort out a few of the connection problems. Although there is a sword that has a magic special attack that can hit from a distance

Its definitely Lag. There's an update to the servers tomorrow that will hopefully sort out a few of the connection problems. Although there is a sword that has a magic special attack that can hit from a distance
    Soul Greatsword...the bane of Belfry Luna...grr

PC port is around the corner...wonder how long it will be before someone mods it to look like the pretty prototype? It would give me a reason to get a better computer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah a few have had lightning alright.
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Soul Greatsword...the bane of Belfry Luna...grr

I have the Drake Wing(or skin?) Ultra Greatsword and it fires a projectile on its strong attack too. I got it because it scales with DEX but seems pretty useless tbh hough I ran out of petrified dragon bone at the end of NG before I could upgrade it properly.

• Advertisement

Yeah a few have had lightning alright.

I have the Drake Wing(or skin?) Ultra Greatsword and it fires a projectile on its strong attack too. I got it because it scales with DEX but seems pretty useless tbh hough I ran out of petrified dragon bone at the end of NG before I could upgrade it properly.

Got mine to +5 still not great , using the strong attack with out a durability ring breaks it very quickly

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe should have got spitfire spear instead, have seen a few with it in PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is +10 the max for weapons now? got my bastard sword to that, working on the uchi no. beat Freja earlier onto Dranglaeic Castle now

krudler wrote: »
    Is +10 the max for weapons now? got my bastard sword to that, working on the uchi no. beat Freja earlier onto Dranglaeic Castle now

yeah +10 is the max now. I infused my uchi with fire! Unlike the first game you don't lose the physical scaling when you add elemental stuff, though it is reduced.

yeah +10 is the max now. I infused my uchi with fire! Unlike the first game you don't lose the physical scaling when you add elemental stuff, though it is reduced.

Oh really, interesting. I had a lightning Uchi in the first game and changed it back to the original form as it was way better at higher levels.

Also if you infuse the weapon it won't lose its upgrades, so a +10 Uchi converted to lightning will still be +10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just beat that Royal Aegis dude, he takes quite a lot of punishment. Was sad to see poor old King Vendrick afterwards, zombified and shuffling around dragging his Greatsword.

Just beat that Royal Aegis dude, he takes quite a lot of punishment. Was sad to see poor old King Vendrick afterwards, zombified and shuffling around dragging his Greatsword.

Aggro him and any sympathy you had will quickly disappear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Aggro him and any sympathy you had will quickly disappear :D

I might just do that for the craic XD.It wouldn't be right not to put poor Vendrick out of his misery :)

Just at the Dragon's Aerie bonfire now, that mansion before it was unsettling. The Dragon skeleton that comes to life for one final attack and the trolls that burst thru the wall frightened the sh it out of me.
    I seem to have missed a couple of areas. Before I head through the Aerie I'll go back and explore the Belfry Luna and the Undead Purgatory.

Just about to finish up NG+, im determined to beat
    the ancient dragon
    before i do. Anyone have any tips that did beat him? I haven't got soul geyser and i might aswell be throwing stones instead of the flame swathe. I've even tried duel wielding gyrm shields but just get caught out everytime, i cant get the mechanic right to control his attacks

• Advertisement

That was weird, I beat the dragonriders in Dranglaeic castle with 2 guys I summoned, went to Majula to level up, and now I'm hollow?

That was weird, I beat the dragonriders in Dranglaeic castle with 2 guys I summoned, went to Majula to level up, and now I'm hollow?

You might have got cursed, if you get cursed you go hollow. There's a painting in drangleic near the dragonriders that can fill your curse meter extremely fast

You might have got cursed, if you get cursed you go hollow. There's a painting in drangleic near the dragonriders that can fill your curse meter extremely fast

Dammit that was it

for the lulz next time you summon people, strip naked at the bonfire, remove all your weapons then tap left/right on the pad to make your character dance bizarrely, was messing around there and the other two lads joined in :pac:

Dammit that was it

for the lulz next time you summon people, strip naked at the bonfire, remove all your weapons then tap left/right on the pad to make your character dance bizarrely, was messing around there and the other two lads joined in :pac:

I summoned a guy on the iron keep bridge who started doing that. I just praised the sun a few times i'd no idea how he was doing it

whats the deal with the Work Hook? I've seen guys using them or think I have for casting , might just have been a chime that was similar :confused:

But I was certain someone I summoned was throwing lightning spears with one. Maybe a sign i've played too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Server Maintenance :

got to the Mirror Knight, annoying, no effigies left now either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

eddhorse wrote: »
    Server Maintenance :

Patch ahoy!

got to the Mirror Knight, annoying, no effigies left now either

Did you find the ring of life protection yet? Never be hollow again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

3 sentinels quite annoying !! Having that ring is fairly handy though. 3000 per life for constant human form is not too shabby.

I watch a bit of peeve on twitch , he did a video of him getting summoned to help the mirror knight. Very mean but very funny

Advertisement