Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

If any one wants to put down there sign for the 3 sentinels around the bonfire would be greatly appreciated , I'm about level 45 or so , not too sure how summoning levels work though

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you find the ring of life protection yet? Never be hollow again :p

I have it but gah...just like a dozen more tries at him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

penev10 wrote: »
    Patch ahoy!

Or an April Fools joke !!

Fcuk sake, the lack of effigies in this game is heartbreaking

ah here, the mirror knight did this huge jump towards me so i ran way off to the right, and he changed direction mid jump to land on me, bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

eddhorse wrote: »
    Or an April Fools joke !!

They should turn every enemy into Havel just for tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

And turn every boss into a huge Giantdad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Propper Havel not that pussy Havel in
    The dark chasm of old

Just unlocked "The Dark Soul" Achievement :)

Not as satisfying as the original but I'll take it !!!!!

calex71 wrote: »
    Just unlocked "The Dark Soul" Achievement :)

Not as satisfying as the original but I'll take it !!!!!

Well played. I've given up on the NPC's. Lucatiel is straight up terrible and Benhart died earlier just as i threw the final lightning spear at the giant lord

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »

ah here, the mirror knight did this huge jump towards me so i ran way off to the right, and he changed direction mid jump to land on me, bullsh1t.

There's a lot of that in this i find, never used happen in the first game.

My mate rented this and I started a new character to help him but we haven't been able to see each others summon signs at all, wish the criteria was more transparent.

now he's hollow with no effigies left and no idea what to do.

• Advertisement

I found with a few of the bosses that seemed to bee-line for the world master, well if lucateil and benheart weren't there to clobber 1st, more than a few times I found myself running around with a boss giving chase while being attacked with near impunity by my summons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Well played. I've given up on the NPC's. Lucatiel is straight up terrible and Benhart died earlier just as i threw the final lightning spear at the giant lord
    Yeah, finding NPC's a nightmare to work with. Try Red Eye Ring, draws enemies to you, because neither of them can defend themselves at all.
    My mate rented this and I started a new character to help him but we haven't been able to see each others summon signs at all, wish the criteria was more transparent.
    http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Yeah, finding NPC's a nightmare to work with. Try Red Eye Ring, draws enemies to you, because neither of them can defend themselves at all.

the only one who pulled his weight for me was Manscorpion Tark, the ring you get off him is class as well if you go talk to him after the boss fight

Big difference there using the Name_engraved ring

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

that's handy, we were both SL24 and 41000 soul memory though and nothing.

I tried that ring, lucatiel and benhart still seem dead set on running in head first and getting slaughtered by an aoe attack.
    The pyromancy jester is absolute legend though, definitely the best boss fight summon

There's a lot of that in this i find, never used happen in the first game.

Big time, the controls aren't as tight either, and the hit detection can be all over the place, attacks you know you dodged or had a shield up for.

Is there a way of reducing the amount of time you get staggered for or is that gotten from Poise? I got hit with an arrow without blocking it earlier and it felt like i was standing there forever with my arms up, yet you get massive boss attack hits and you dont even flinch your energy just drops.

If you join the brotherhood of blood and use a white ring your red soapstone appears white. This should be fun :pac:

If you join the brotherhood of blood and use a white ring your red soapstone appears white. This should be fun :pac:

No way ???? Thats super sneaky , it surely will still say "dark spirit" has invaded though otherwise that would be a horrible troll. You would be swinging at phantoms like mimic chests otherwise.

I take it Lost Sinner on NG+ is some sort of practical joke. Not seen summon signs all evening either yet I getsummoned within seconds when mine goes down.

• Advertisement

No way ???? Thats super sneaky , it surely will still say "dark spirit" has invaded though otherwise that would be a horrible troll. You would be swinging at phantoms like mimic chests otherwise.

Im hanging around fog gates tonight :D I hope it does say Dark Spirit has invaded just to see how they prepare

Im hanging around fog gates tonight :D I hope it does say Dark Spirit has invaded just to see how they prepare

The humanity that could cost people !!!! and the 10 minute invastion limit goes out the window if they summon are dark spirit too
    I take it Lost Sinner on NG+ is some sort of practical joke. Not seen summon signs all evening either yet I getsummoned within seconds when mine goes down.

I had the same problem there, and the two fat lads after the queens room in drangleic. those were the only areas not good for summons on NG+ for me.

I helped a guy kill the sinner and sent him a message and he was good enough to drop his sign 3 times while we got it to keep lucateil breathing.

The humanity that could cost people !!!! and the 10 minute invastion limit goes out the window if they summon are dark spirit too

I had the same problem there, and the two fat lads after the queens room in drangleic. those were the only areas not good for summons on NG+ for me.

I helped a guy kill the sinner and sent him a message and he was good enough to drop his sign 3 times while we got it to keep lucateil breathing.

Lucietel is buggered before the pyros even show up. Beat Lost Sinner there but she didn't make it, will wait for another NG playthrough to try for the achievements I think, NG+ is stressful enough as it is without babysitting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

8C1mCqr.jpg

Sure why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Patch notes from Wiki
    • Successful Online coop with white / small sigh stone will now revive you back to human
    • Bug where entrance door to Drangleic Castle did not open has been fixed
    • failing to create multiplayer session no longer disables use of online items such as white soap stone
    • starting boss fight with Mirror Knight while summoning coop player no longer fails / cancel summoning process
    • death match error at the undead purgatory has been fixed
    • you will no longer be able to take off Covenant related rings while being summoned
    • bug which dropped items were not be able to picked up again due to the 'inventory is full ' message has been fixed
    • dialog will now pop up when you enter the coffin at the Things Betwixt
    • fixed bug where at certain areas blood stains, illusions and messages were not displayed
    • bug which location of object and item were reset has been fixed
    • display response time at character making has been improved
    • bug where angle of the tattoo chosen at the character making screen did not display correctly has been fixed
    • response time of start menu / bonfire menu has been improved
    • certain items not being available at the shops in NG+ and later has been fixed
    • summoned players no longer fall under the ground at Earthen Peak
    • bug which caused souls to be lost while equipping life protection ring has been fixed
    • bug which caused face icon displayed at the summon sign to be of different player has been fixed
    • Trophy icon for the Guardian of Fort(?) fixed
    • Controller now vibrate when guarding
    • equip menu info on dark magic has been fixed
    • bug which caused player to fall through elevator while using binoculars and casting spell has been fixed

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/1.03+Patch#.UzqaFNJJMmM

No balancing tweaks/nerfs yet.

Good to see you're guaranteed to be revived if you successfully co-op. Should help with those with no effigies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reviving after a successful co-op is very welcome. That broken ass ring is still there though, I though fixing that in co-op would fix the effegy economy so it could be patched out. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Don't you need to be alive to get summoned for coop? Or you need to be alive only to summon people? You can still be summoned if you leave sign as hollow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can be summoned whether you are hollow or human. You need to be human to summon hollows.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can be summoned whether you are hollow or human. You need to be human to summon hollows.

Well, why the feck I learned about this only now... I did not knew that I can leave signs as hollow. In fairness, if you can get humanity back for a successful coop, then it should really help out to people with a lack of effigies.

• Advertisement

Well, why the feck I learned about this only now... I did not knew that I can leave signs as hollow. In fairness, if you can get humanity back for a successful coop, then it should really help out to people with a lack of effigies.

Sure it's been like that sine Demon's Souls :)

It was weird before the patch that you'd just randomly be human after co-op even one where you did terrible and died.

Advertisement