Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure it's been like that sine Demon's Souls :)

It was weird before the patch that you'd just randomly be human after co-op even one where you did terrible and died.

Well, that's why I lover soul series, always learn something new! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm on my second play through now. Haven't gone near NG+, just playing with a different character build. But I noticed something in the Lost Bastille I didn't see the first time.
    As I just climbed up the ladder before the bonfire at the top of Sinners Rise I saw that big bird flying over the Bastille. Do you see it when ever another player is dropped off or is there another Pursuer encounter I haven't found?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm on my second play through now. Haven't gone near NG+, just playing with a different character build. But I noticed something in the Lost Bastille I didn't see the first time.
    As I just climbed up the ladder before the bonfire at the top of Sinners Rise I saw that big bird flying over the Bastille. Do you see it when ever another player is dropped off or is there another Pursuer encounter I haven't found?

It's
    a Belfry Gargoyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    that's handy, we were both SL24 and 41000 soul memory though and nothing.
    You engraved the same god name? I assume you're using the same console?

It's
    a Belfry Gargoyle

Really. That's cool. Not being able to see bosses lurking in advance is something that I was missing from Dark Souls 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Have only managed about 8 hours so far, but have taken the advice on here (thanks everyone). Have got my STR up to 32 and now putting points into Vitality and Endurance.

Got completely stuck on the Pursuer last night.....was wrecking my head. Went and helped a few other people beat him, but then would any summons signs appear for me to get help? Nope! :P

Still haven't got any decent armour though, have looted a few new weapons etc but can't find any decent armour (have only been in The Forest of Fallen Giants though).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DinoRex wrote: »
    Really. That's cool. Not being able to see bosses lurking in advance is something that I was missing from Dark Souls 1.

Lack of dragons too, well so far anyway I might regret saying that :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    Lack of dragons too, well so far anyway I might regret saying that :pac:
    Hehe, you may regret saying that very much...wouldn't mind tail cuts though, especially when it is possible in the game, just no rare weapon!

Noopti wrote: »
    Have only managed about 8 hours so far, but have taken the advice on here (thanks everyone). Have got my STR up to 32 and now putting points into Vitality and Endurance.

Got completely stuck on the Pursuer last night.....was wrecking my head. Went and helped a few other people beat him, but then would any summons signs appear for me to get help? Nope! :P

Still haven't got any decent armour though, have looted a few new weapons etc but can't find any decent armour (have only been in The Forest of Fallen Giants though).

Spend time just avoiding his attacks and don't worry about attacking. You'll soon realise that he regularly leaves himself wide open when he does a big lunge and you've rolled out of the way.

Same can be said of most bosses. Don't worry about trying to beat them, just concentrate on dodging and getting comfortable with them. Once you know you can keep yourself alive then you can try attacking.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You engraved the same god name? I assume you're using the same console?

We were both on xbox yeah. He didn't have enough souls to by the ring, he's supposed to be working on that today. He had never played any of the Souls games before so I don't think he was ready :D

• Advertisement

Reviving after a successful co-op is very welcome. That broken ass ring is still there though, I though fixing that in co-op would fix the effegy economy so it could be patched out. Oh well.

Oh thank feck for that, now it's actually worth dropping a sign and getting more than just souls, the mirror knight is mine later mwahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Noopti wrote: »

Try and get behind bosses as much as you can, everyone has a weak area or a blind spot where you can hammer into them after they attack. Always watch your stamina bar, try leave yourself enough to always roll away or dodge.
    Once you beat the pursuer it's worth having a look around for armor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Only being able to wield a dagger as a sorcerer at the very beginning is pretty damn annoying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Reviving after a successful co-op is very welcome.That broken ass ring is still there though, I though fixing that in co-op would fix the effegy economy so it could be patched out. Oh well.

Agree and disagree with that re rings and effigies.

After 2 nearly 3 full runs through I can see now that these are very much a concious and deliberate mechanic to the game and are there to be used.

I spent an obscene amount of souls on fixing them so repairing ring = buying a human effigy in practice, there are other factors like getting cursed and a covenant that use up effigies as well as their use in bonfires etc.

The crux of the matter though is not in their preserving humanity which I 100% agree with as there is a cost (maybe needs to be 6k like the other ring or more 15k even) , it's in their preserving souls on death, this is where they go from being a substitute for buying an effigy to being cheap, aside from a few areas most of the game doesn't warrant that level of protection of your souls, I could count on one hand maybe the times were if I died it would have been difficult to recover.

The should have made the rings 2 separate rings, 1 for humanity and one for souls penalising their use by taking up 2 rings slots if used that way, and made the one for souls more limited.

The limited rings in the 1st game worked really well and you were concious of their use, but soul memory is another issue too now isn't it, if you are dying a lot and not turning them souls into soul levels all the while souls memory going up and up and up, how would that effect match making in practice after a point, I'm sure they would have run the numbers so ensure it wasn't a factor wouldn't they? The soul memory thing is a strange addition to me in it's current form, maybe I missed the point there :confused:

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Only being able to wield a dagger as a sorcerer at the very beginning is pretty damn annoying :(

I started a sorcerer build and got sick of it by the time i got the cardinal tower, running out of soul arrows and having the crappest melee weapons aruond is no fun, once you get OP later with all the spells I'm sure its great but I'll stick to my melee builds.

OdgeXD wrote: »

I made a new character the other night, picked Cleric as I want to do a faith build, it doesn't even star with enough strength to adequately wield the default weapon. Still hits like a truck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Dark Souls Google+ group if anyone can't get enough discussion here. I've enough difficulty just trying to keep up with posts here.

Apparently this is an April fools down in undead crypt at the moment:

yjAujCY.jpg

lol, is this an official joke? Going to fire up the game later to check it out.

I have thought about making a Solaire-like character for co-op mode.

lol, is this an official joke? Going to fire up the game later to check it out.

I have thought about making a Solaire-like character for co-op mode.

Going by Reddit it's official yeah, don't know exact location but somewhere in undead crypt anyway. Is Solaire's amour actually in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rosabeth just completely disappeared on me. Went to the bonfire to get an armor set, came back and she was gone. If she died there would be a drop right? I definitely didn't attack her and she's not in Majula, there goes my pyromancy I guess.

Edit: she moved outside to where the blue Sword Knight is, phew.

Going by Reddit it's official yeah, don't know exact location but somewhere in undead crypt anyway. Is Solaire's amour actually in this?
    I get the feeling it's just someone with that gamertag in the Faraam armour with a different helmet and photoshopped green. Or just photoshopped altogether.

I could be wrong though! Will get to check soon.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Rosabeth just completely disappeared on me. Went to the bonfire to get an armor set, came back and she was gone. If she died there would be a drop right? I definitely didn't attack her and she's not in Majula, there goes my pyromancy I guess.

Edit: she moved outside to where the blue Sword Knight is, phew.

Back where she was originally :confused:

Thought once people moved to Majula it was for the rest of the game. Wonder was that something introduced with the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

calex71 wrote: »
    Back where she was originally :confused:

Thought once people moved to Majula it was for the rest of the game. Wonder was that something introduced with the patch?

She stands next to the lever when you first find her, after I used the bonfire she moved outside next to the Knight. When I gave her armour she went to Majula

I get the feeling it's just someone with that gamertag in the Faraam armour with a different helmet and photoshopped green. Or just photoshopped altogether.

I could be wrong though! Will get to check soon.

I did actually summon a Pate the other night , guy was a German player.

That is either the devs or a photoshop fake, not sure about PS3 but the Solaire Of Astora name would not be possible to use as a GamerTag due to the 15 character limit unless that was changed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is it possible to summon help for the gargoyles?

Didn't seem to be anyone around.

In a strange position now, got a fair few chunks from defending the belfry but no large shards so upgrading has ground to a halt.

Left gargoyles alone for now and found the bonfire with the three archers at it everyone was complaining about.

I want to finish my covenant achievement, but can't. Need 9 more medals, but I can't get summoned... Waiting for ages. Any good spots you use as Bro helping spots?

noodler wrote: »
    Is it possible to summon help for the gargoyles?

Didn't seem to be anyone around.

In a strange position now, got a fair few chunks from defending the belfry but no large shards so upgrading has ground to a halt.

Left gargoyles alone for now and found the bonfire with the three archers at it everyone was complaining about.
    Yeah you can, make sure you're human. sometimes running to and away from the fog refreshes the area.
    I want to finish my covenant achievement, but can't. Need 9 more medals, but I can't get summoned... Waiting for ages. Any good spots you use as Bro helping spots?
    I find Covetous and Mirror Knight are hotspots usually. Depends on your level/NG really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sentinels anyway.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Sentinels anyway.

Those 3 bastards? I'll try it so.

Advertisement