Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I want to finish my covenant achievement, but can't. Need 9 more medals, but I can't get summoned... Waiting for ages. Any good spots you use as Bro helping spots?

Seen loads of them outside covetous demon today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demon of Song and Guardian Dragon were the most effective summoning spots for me. Had Sun Bros maxed out over an evening or two with few issues. Helps that they're incredibly easy bosses. Both at the end of the game, so you should have a better chance of encountering someone on your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Demon of the song is the frog dude? I tried with no success. I finally got a summon in crypt. Was so Damn laggy. All I could do was hold shield up and try soak up damage. Then host got killed. Lovely.

Trying sentinels. Is there some soul limit for summoning? I am level 140. Will lover level people see me near sentinels?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you just want the covenant achievement may as well do pilgrims of the dark, you're missing out on a whole boss battle if you don't. Wouldn't advise trying it on NG+ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

calex71 wrote: »
    I did actually summon a Pate the other night , guy was a German player.

That is either the devs or a photoshop fake, not sure about PS3 but the Solaire Of Astora name would not be possible to use as a GamerTag due to the 15 character limit unless that was changed :confused:

Isn't it spelt Solair not Solaire in the orignal game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

**** it, went to bed, could not get a single summon. Hate this peer 2 peer ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you just want the covenant achievement may as well do pilgrims of the dark, you're missing out on a whole boss battle if you don't. Wouldn't advise trying it on NG+ though.

Yeah but that covenant is a nightmare if you aren't a magic user. The game is way biased towards magic, melee is so useless against some enemies there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Yeah but that covenant is a nightmare if you aren't a magic user. The game is way biased towards magic, melee is so useless against some enemies there.

Poison arrows and pyromancy got me through it. Would have been buggered without the pyromancy though to be sure.

has the patch not rolled out yet? let myself be summoned there and no humanity restored.

the mirror knight can suck my balls, ridiculous boss, twice I was nowhere near that big spinny lightning attack and it still hit me

krudler wrote: »
    has the patch not rolled out yet? let myself be summoned there and no humanity restored.

the mirror knight can suck my balls, ridiculous boss, twice I was nowhere near that big spinny lightning attack and it still hit me

Not downloaded anything on xbox yet anyway.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

Some attacks don't have a perfect hitbox. Rolling is the easiest way to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Is there a problem with the online tonight? Keep getting signed out of PSN when I get to the title screen and it won't sign back in...

That Solaire thing was a photoshop;

http://i.imgur.com/dHdMAfF.jpg

Also, gotta try this out! Might only be NG+ so I still have to make it that far in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

As a pure melee build, the shrine of Amana can go suck my balls. Went through about 300 arrows getting through all those casters, not to mention the dark spirit mage with infinite casts who could one-shot me.

Had no problems with summons myself last night, got summoned about 5 times for the demon of song before doing him myself. Such a piss-easy boss after such a gruelling level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone else find the drop rate to be more erratic than DS1? I have found I'm going through certain phases where every enemy will drop an item as if my drop rate is sky high. The first time it happened I genuinely thought there was some glitch I was after activating but its happened a few times where for a period of say 30mins I'm getting flooded with drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

The only drop rate weirdness I've noticed is just how often I get effigies from enemy drops. Seems odd from reading how much others are struggling to find effigies. I've gone through some areas where I've picked up 2 or 3 from enemies in about 10 minutes. I usually just try and do the summon thing to revive to human, it's much more fun, so I've about 20 unused effigies, all from drops, and I'm only about 20 hours in. Just seems to be unusual considering all the warnings about loads of people struggling to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

God damn Sentinels...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I find dogs are great for them.

If you have a good area of effect spell wiping out the 7 dogs next to the Belfry Luna bonfire is a great way to get some.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I find dogs are great for them.

If you have a good area of effect spell wiping out the 7 dogs next to the Belfry Luna bonfire is a great way to get some.

I respawned those dogs 7 times in a row, nada. the ones near McDuff's workshop netted me a few early on in the game alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The only drop rate weirdness I've noticed is just how often I get effigies from enemy drops. Seems odd from reading how much others are struggling to find effigies. I've gone through some areas where I've picked up 2 or 3 from enemies in about 10 minutes. I usually just try and do the summon thing to revive to human, it's much more fun, so I've about 20 unused effigies, all from drops, and I'm only about 20 hours in. Just seems to be unusual considering all the warnings about loads of people struggling to find them.

I got a load of effigies from the dogs on first playthrough, it was nearly a 50% drop rate for me outside Mcduffs and the 3 dogs in pharros. In NG+ i never get effigy drops but im getting a lot of weapons i didn't get first time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

penev10 wrote: »
    Anyone else find the drop rate to be more erratic than DS1? I have found I'm going through certain phases where every enemy will drop an item as if my drop rate is sky high. The first time it happened I genuinely thought there was some glitch I was after activating but its happened a few times where for a period of say 30mins I'm getting flooded with drops.

I got 3 zweihanders in a row from the spiders. Thought that was a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Drops are random (with some items being more likely than others) and even with proper randomness you can have clusters (like the 3 Zweihanders in a row) but sustained spells of upped drop-rate (10-12 out of 15 enemies dropping items) suggest something external to randomness is afoot.

I suppose human's are predisposed to look for patterns in everything we experience. I'm sure its just a case of that if no one else is experiencing it.

beat the Mirror Knight last night woohoo, onto Shrine of Amana then made it to the 2nd bonfire, I hate this place already.

I found in the first half of the game I was getting an excess of effigies but in the second half I really ran dry, especially when effigies were required as an offering to a covenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

What's the story with the update? I'm sat on Ver 1.02 but Calibrations are v1.03. Has it just not released yet or do I need to do it manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Finished the game on Saturday night, after 4 days I've finally caught up with the thread :D

Agree with a lot of opinions on the game and bosses that have been posted here, especially magic being OP and dex heavily nerfed.

Summoning is +/- 10% +10 levels, AND +/-25% of your soul memory I think. Meaning people need to fit into both those ranges to be summonablne to you, there seemed to be a lot of confusion about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's strange how different things give different people different amounts of trouble, all depends on your play style. Shrine of Amana didn't really give me too much bother. I think I died maybe once and it was falling into the deep water because I wasn't paying enough attention. The Dragonrider bow and the hawk ring were my friends I guess.

But the boss gave me a lot of trouble as a strength build though. Bow was too slow and used too much stamina to be of use there.

Iron King and the Smelter Demon are the other two bosses that gave me a lot of trouble and the only bosses I had to resort to summoning other players on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Time to get back into this after a 2 day break, Vendrick's ass is mine this eve, I really fancy that King's set of armor he's hoarding away in the Shrine of Amana.

OdgeXD wrote: »
    What's the story with the update? I'm sat on Ver 1.02 but Calibrations are v1.03. Has it just not released yet or do I need to do it manually?
    It will roll out to you automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well I beat Vendrick there... I was some idiot. I kept going towards his right when I should have been attacking his left.

Not sure if I'll bother with the Ancient dragon now as he's just ridiculous.

Advertisement