Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

tok9 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll bother with the Ancient dragon now as he's just ridiculous.
    He is an ancient dragon after all. Still doesn't top Hellkite Drake in DS1 though, despite the amazing theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cydoniac wrote: »
    He is an ancient dragon after all. Still doesn't top Hellkite Drake in DS1 though, despite the amazing theme.

The hellkite drake was an epic fight. I found it easier because you could take cover behind the wall or run down the stairs to heal. Once the ancient dragon takes flight you get cooked almost instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just looked at the wiki there for the first time. There are 94, 94 different armour sets in the game.........NINETYFOUR!

The hellkite drake was an epic fight. I found it easier because you could take cover behind the wall or run down the stairs to heal. Once the ancient dragon takes flight you get cooked almost instantly

Not quite when you figure out how to avoid. You might even want to save yourself the fight for NG+ if you don't feel up to it because there isn't any massive reward for doing it (unless you attacked before talking, then you're screwed)
    Just looked at the wiki there for the first time. There are 94, 94 different armour sets in the game.........NINETYFOUR!
    It's weird because it feels really sparse at the start. I now understand that they spread it out to NG+ and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I beat Vendrick there... I was some idiot. I kept going towards his right when I should have been attacking his left.

Not sure if I'll bother with the Ancient dragon now as he's just ridiculous.

Don't think I'll bother with Vendrick until I get at least 3 more Giant souls. I got hammered by him this eve. I was using bleed serum on my weapon and was doing a good job running around him to avoid his attacks. He then decided to lean against the wall so I couldn't run around him and I got one-shotted :(

Having very mixed results in PvP atm. Still trying to get to grips with the mechanics. I seem to be getting stunlocked by everything :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Stupid hosts who try to be the hero, people who don't bow in a duel, invasion or summon, and people who summon 2 phantoms their first time at a boss have got to be my pet peeves with this game

Even broken hit boxes can be avoided, but the things above annoy the hell out of me!

Stupid hosts who try to be the hero, people who don't bow in a duel, invasion or summon, and people who summon 2 phantoms their first time at a boss have got to be my pet peeves with this game

Even broken hit boxes can be avoided, but the things above annoy the hell out of me!

Bowing in a duel ok. Bowing when i invade you?

ain%2527t-nobody-got-time-for-thatthe-princess-and-the-goblin-production-diary--5--aint-nobody-got-5fc2k59z.png

Bowing in a duel ok. Bowing when i invade you?
    No way, it's Dark Souls etiquette. Not bowing is one thing but attacking someone in the middle of a gesture is death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Good auld Gilligan lives out in the whest alright

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Cydoniac wrote: »
    No way, it's Dark Souls etiquette. Not bowing is one thing but attacking someone in the middle of a gesture is death.

If anyone is silly enough to bow infront of my red phantom they'll enjoy a swift death :pac:

Edit: Or should I say, a Swathe death :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

OdgeXD wrote: »
    If anyone is silly enough to bow infront of my red phantom they'll enjoy a swift death :pac:

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO Down with this sort of thing !!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I get invaded i'll use the cheapest tactics possible available to me. If I summon for a duel then I'm all for etiquette and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

1395202362100.png

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If I get invaded i'll use the cheapest tactics possible available to me. If I summon for a duel then I'm all for etiquette and that.

The chameleon spell is great when you get invaded. Pop off and make a cup of tea or try follow them around disguised as a box

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The chameleon spell is great when you get invaded. Pop off and make a cup of tea or try follow them around disguised as a box

Yeah I've had some fun with the medallions who do the same thing. Seed of a tree of giants is also very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah feck that, it's one thing calling someone in for a fair fight you planned on, when you're trying to get to a boss and some assclown invades you then gloves are off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

found this funny enough :D

Okay, case study of magic being overpowered, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Any idea when we can expect that patch for the xbox ? Was helping people destroy the
    Covetous Demon
    and the
    Skeleton Lords
    last night with almost a 100% win rate but didn't revert to Human Once ?!?! Quite annoying as I have fook all effigies left ....

• Advertisement

Yo Mamma wrote: »
    Any idea when we can expect that patch for the xbox ? Was helping people destroy the
    Covetous Demon
    and the
    Skeleton Lords
    last night with almost a 100% win rate but didn't revert to Human Once ?!?! Quite annoying as I have fook all effigies left ....

No idea, they released the details of it nearly a week ago now and still no sign. At this rate I'll be finished NG+ before it actually drops.

The entire Dark Souls community until the new patch

iVSLXBw.jpg

Except for noobs like me using the ring of life protection of course. 54 effigies in my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Yo Mamma wrote: »

I seem to have a great rate of reviving after being summoned. 1 in 3 I'd estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2smiggy wrote: »
    found this funny enough :D

WTF was that?!

WTF was that?!

Wrath of the Gods. you get it for maxing out the Blue Sentinels covenant. You need 500 successful invasions or wins in the sparring arena. I think you can buy it from the ghost guy in Drangleic castle too in NG++ though.

Whats the story with patch 1.03? I downloaded it but on the title screen it still says Ver. 1.02 and calibrations 1.03, even after i reboot my PS3. Is this a bug? Or do i actually have the patch and the title screen is bugged? Can't find anything online about it.

Whats the story with patch 1.03? I downloaded it but on the title screen it still says Ver. 1.02 and calibrations 1.03, even after i reboot my PS3. Is this a bug? Or do i actually have the patch and the title screen is bugged? Can't find anything online about it.

Get summoned while hollow and beat a boss, if you comeback human then it's probably worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

penev10 wrote: »
    I seem to have a great rate of reviving after being summoned. 1 in 3 I'd estimate.

I reckon I have about the same rate. I got revived at the Demon of Song the other night when the host died. I was pleasantly pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Wrath of the Gods. you get it for maxing out the Blue Sentinels covenant. You need 500 successful invasions or wins in the sparring arena. I think you can buy it from the ghost guy in Drangleic castle too in NG++ though.

You can get it by reaching rank 2 in the Sentinels, that's 150 victories. Rank 3 gets you Bountiful Sunlight. I''ve only about ten victories so far so I've a long way to go before I earn my precious WOG.

Advertisement