Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You can also buy it from a merchant in NG++.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

These are brilliant , thank you kindly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can get it by reaching rank 2 in the Sentinels, that's 150 victories. Rank 3 gets you Bountiful Sunlight. I''ve only about ten victories so far so I've a long way to go before I earn my precious WOG.

150 victories means killing the guilty in pvp OR winning duels at the blue statue. Both count. Or you can buy it in NG+++ off an NPC. Because Wrath is super powerful....it needs to be behind a wall.

I'm at about 60 victories at this stage. Quite a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Get summoned while hollow and beat a boss, if you comeback human then it's probably worked.

Did just that and it took me 3 kills of the same boss to revive to human. My game must be bugged, it keeps downloading the patch everytime i log in yet remains as Ver. 1.02 / Calibration 1.03

Odd i can find nobody else on forums having the same problem as me. Playing the digital version so i may end up just re-installing the game.

Did just that and it took me 3 kills of the same boss to revive to human. My game must be bugged, it keeps downloading the patch everytime i log in yet remains as Ver. 1.02 / Calibration 1.03

Odd i can find nobody else on forums having the same problem as me. Playing the digital version so i may end up just re-installing the game.
    Sometimes updates roll out in a staggered phase than all around. I don't think I've gotten 1.03 either yet. Are you sure it's even released in EU/UK?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume you're on ps3? Still no sign of it on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm near the end of ng so it probably won't matter now, but does anybody know where you use the antique key? It's bugging me now.

derfderf wrote: »
    I'm near the end of ng so it probably won't matter now, but does anybody know where you use the antique key? It's bugging me now.
    I might be wrong but I think it opens a door in Lost Bastille that goes directly to Sinner's Rise i.e you can skip the Ruin Sentinel.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

derfderf wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that key is for when you go up the elevator in Drangleic castle. There is a cage with a guy hanging on the door.

I'm pretty sure that key is for when you go up the elevator in Drangleic castle. There is a cage with a guy hanging on the door.
    No, that's a different key.
    Key to the Embedded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had a blast getting summoned in the Belfry tonight. One guy ran right at me so I put up my shield, but he ran right past me down the stairs to the entrance . Only when he seen the fog wall blocking it did he try to fight :D

Also the cracked blue eyed orbs wouldn't work for me anywhere when I was in the blue sentinels, couldn't find a world to invade .

ShaneU wrote: »
    Also the cracked blue eyed orbs wouldn't work for me anywhere when I was in the blue sentinels, couldn't find a world to invade .
    Sometimes it helps to use it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well im stupid....kinda.

I assumed Ver. was the current patch and calibrations was the next available patch. They aren't. They are different. Lost my two characters after uninstalling.

I have a bunch of different builds in mind for a new playthrough and don't know which one to choose. Anyone got any suggestions for some fun builds? My first char turned out as a DexInt build and my second was a Faith - Heavy Armour - Sword n' Shield - Fat roller. Only got as far as Iron Keep on the second character so didn't fully "explore" the faith build.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Sometimes it helps to use it a few times.

Yeah spam the **** out of it

Yeah spam the **** out of it
    Does seem to be a guaranteed way of getting an encounter. Hopefully they fix it to try a little longer at searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Wouldn't work as in, greyed out? Or wouldn't work as in, failed to invade after a second.

A lot of people confuse the "way of the blue" covenant in Majula with the "blue sentinels" in heide's tower. They think they are in the right covenant because they are both "blue". The orbs are greyed out unless you are in the sentinels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ok I.give up. I was trying to avoid this thread and just get through on my own, but I'm stuck on the first boss in forest of giants, lol. It's not that he really seems all that difficult, it's just that my weapon is doing bog all damage. My best weapon is the flaming long sword. Any tips on where I can find something a bit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got through Shrine of Amana and Undead Crypt last night, didn't explore much of the crypt as the two guys I summoned at the bonfire got me all the way to the boss, what's the deal with
    Vendrick wandering around like that
    ? I was gonna attack him but saw about a dozen bloodstains on the ground so thought better of it :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Got through Shrine of Amana and Undead Crypt last night, didn't explore much of the crypt as the two guys I summoned at the bonfire got me all the way to the boss, what's the deal with
    Vendrick wandering around like that
    ? I was gonna attack him but saw about a dozen bloodstains on the ground so thought better of it :pac:
    he'll become a boss if you attack him but is entirely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

weiland79 wrote: »
    My best weapon is the flaming long sword. Any tips on where I can find something a bit better?

The only weapon of note in that area (that I know of) has a really high DEX requirement. You could try farm the soldiers for a halberd if that floats your boat?

I only had a broadsword for the first boss and it takes a while to kill him. Just be patient and run between his legs after he swings his weapon and chop at his ankles. When he raises his foot get out of there as he does his stomp attack.

he'll become a boss if you attack him but is entirely optional.

Is he tough? given the amount of bloodstains around I take it he is :pac:

That was a pretty cool moment too finding him, the story for this is unfolding even slower than the previous one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

penev10 wrote: »
    The only weapon of note in that area (that I know of) has a really high DEX requirement. You could try farm the soldiers for a halberd if that floats your boat?

I only had a broadsword for the first boss and it takes a while to kill him. Just be patient and run between his legs after he swings his weapon and chop at his ankles. When he raises his foot get out of there as he does his stomp attack.

actually I have a halbred but not able to use it yet. What stat do I need to increase, strength?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is he tough? given the amount of bloodstains around I take it he is :pac:

That was a pretty cool moment too finding him, the story for this is unfolding even slower than the previous one

It's doable, but more so if you have certain items (
    giant souls
    ) in your inventory. Depending on how hard your character hits, you might only need one or two.
    each soul drops his defence by a certain percentage, with five having him at normal defence

It can be a long and careful fight even under ideal circumstances, but he has a clear pattern that you can take advantage of. Still, he can hit incredibly hard himself, and one hit can be insta death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kirby wrote: »
    Wouldn't work as in, greyed out? Or wouldn't work as in, failed to invade after a second.

A lot of people confuse the "way of the blue" covenant in Majula with the "blue sentinels" in heide's tower. They think they are in the right covenant because they are both "blue". The orbs are greyed out unless you are in the sentinels.

Failed to invade

Failed to invade

Are you in NG+ yet? They pretty much don't work on the first play though unless you get very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

weiland79 wrote: »
    actually I have a halbred but not able to use it yet. What stat do I need to increase, strength?

Go to the Equipment screen and when you're browsing through your weapons look at the bottom left of the screen and you should see the stat requirements. If one of them is red then you don't have enough. The first one is STR the second is DEX.

Off the top of my head the Halberd requires 15 DEX so I'm gathering that's what you're lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Making my way through NG+ atm, not nearly as difficult as I anticipated. Wanting to get to Huntsmans asap to start duelling with the brotherhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Making my way through NG+ atm, not nearly as difficult as I anticipated. Wanting to get to Huntsmans asap to start duelling with the brotherhood.

The bosses seem to be at the same difficulty with a few new movesets for some of them. It's the sneaky red phantoms that always seem to get me in Ng+

Lost Sinner gave me some trouble, the rest have been a walk in the park.

Lost Sinner gave me some trouble, the rest have been a walk in the park.

I beat her on my first attempt, reminded me of Artorias, same kind of move set.

Can't wait to get into NG+, will read up on the NPC stuff I missed, playing it somewhat blind first tmie is good for the experience but you miss a ton of stuff

• Advertisement

I beat her on my first attempt, reminded me of Artorias, same kind of move set.

Can't wait to get into NG+, will read up on the NPC stuff I missed, playing it somewhat blind first tmie is good for the experience but you miss a ton of stuff

Yeah she was no prob in NG, NG+ was another matter. Very similar to Artorias alright, once you're used to he move set it's down to patience more than anything.

Smelter Demon was the toughest on my first playthrough then in NG+ I beat it first time strangely enough.

Advertisement