Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Making my way through NG+ atm, not nearly as difficult as I anticipated. Wanting to get to Huntsmans asap to start duelling with the brotherhood.

I'm sorry Dark Souls, I take it back so please stop bumming me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm sorry Dark Souls, I take it back so please stop bumming me :(

Are there nasty surprised? it's pretty cool NG+ changes things up

Sort of, having so much trouble making progress towards the old dragonslayer in heides. Too many giants

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Probably going to murder my boyfriend if he again asks me, "Oh did you die again?" when fighting the Ancient Dragon... while "You Died" is written on the screen...

#DarkSoulsProblems

PS. Screw the Ancient Dragon

They're really ****ing making it an accomplishment to join the BloodBros in NG+ Too many red phantoms, man

• Advertisement

made it to dragon aerie, a sun bro wrecked the boss previous to it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

They're really ****ing making it an accomplishment to join the BloodBros in NG+ Too many red phantoms, man
    That's what pulling the internet out/burning ascetic is for :) I only wish I got invaded more.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    That's what pulling the internet out/burning ascetic is for :) I only wish I got invaded more.

Wowowow if I'm offline do the red phantom enemies not be there?

Wowowow if I'm offline do the red phantom enemies not be there?
    Oh sorry, I thought you meant invasions, I see you mean on the way there!...no, they'll be there. You just have to take one at a time. A bow really helps.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant invasions, I see you mean on the way there!...no, they'll be there. You just have to take one at a time. A bow really helps.

Haha yeah that what I've been doing it's when the two skinny guys and the fatty all come at the same time that I don't want to think about, and then I have to fight the boss after going through that gauntlet :(

• Advertisement

Haha yeah that what I've been doing it's when the two skinny guys and the fatty all come at the same time that I don't want to think about, and then I have to fight the boss after going through that gauntlet :(
    It's a really hard area. I just took down one at a time from far away, flame swathe is good if you're in an emergency and you need them dead fast. The boss is not difficult at all.
    You don't have to use the lever to kill the boss you know. I didn't do it that way the first time. You can kill the necromancers then just hide in an alcove and pick away with a bow every time the chariot goes by. When the boss health is low, the chariot instead trips and is stuck hanging off the ledge, in which case one hit knocks them off, no fighting involved.

Oh jesus the best thing just happened. I was trying to make my way through Heides from the 2nd bonfire to the dragonslayer. Sick of dying constantly I decided to see if I could just sprint through and that everything would just de-aggro. Nope, and I also didn't know there were so many red phantom enemies and lo and behold just as I realise this at the end of my suicide run I get invaded, while kiting about 6 giants and 3-4 red phantoms. Seed of a Tree of Giants bitch, poor guy had no idea. It didn't end well for either of us :pac:

Met the ancient dragon, now what?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Met the ancient dragon, now what?
    maybe have a look around the forest of fallen giants again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is there more then one memory?
    Just killed the Giant Lord.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

four I think

Yes. ;) That's the only necessary memory to get the key item you need for the next part, but there are two more giant trees in the Forest area. Can you think of where you might have seen one? Might want to explore the boss areas you fought there. The other memory is far away...can you remember a strange glowing area you couldn't interact with at one point? Just trying not to give you the answers too easily! :)

Yes. ;) That's the only necessary memory to get the key item you need for the next part, but there are two more giant trees in the Forest area. Can you think of where you might have seen one? Might want to explore the boss areas you fought there. The other memory is far away...can you remember a strange glowing area you couldn't interact with at one point? Just trying not to give you the answers too easily! :)

Thanks!
    I checked out one around the Soldiers Rest bonfire but that didn't do anything, the glow I am assuming is after the boss in Brightstone! Am heading to Drangleic first to sort out this dealio with Nashandra! Actually, where is the 2nd bonfire in Drangleic? It's the only one I haven't found, unless it's after the final boss fight of course!

Oh some ghost guy appear in Drangleic after you kill the Giant, gives some good info on Vendrick and Nashandra. Also found it funny that she has suspiciously left her seat :D

Thanks!
    I checked out one around the Soldiers Rest bonfire but that didn't do anything, the glow I am assuming is after the boss in Brightstone! Am heading to Drangleic first to sort out this dealio with Nashandra! Actually, where is the 2nd bonfire in Drangleic? It's the only one I haven't found, unless it's after the final boss fight of course!
    Try near where you first met Pate, going towards the sunlight. I think the 2nd bonfire is actually hidden in a wall on one of the pillars on the outside part of the middle of the castle when you're going up staircases, maybe near the cursed painting, I can't remember to be honest but there should be messages indicating an illusory wall.

Anyone notice the Emerald Herald has two different coloured eyes? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

And she's voiced by yer wan from love/hate, it's a small world

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Okay, finally beat the Ancient Dragon (do it alone, help only gets in the way), Vendrick (roll like a boss), and cleared the game.

NOW WHAT THE HECK WAS THE PLOT?!?!!? :confused::confused::confused:
    Ok, so Nashandra is a fragment of Manus. Why does she look like mini-Nito?!? I mean, it'd make more sense if she was related to Nito, as that would confirm the theory from DkS1 that Nito created the curse in on request of Gwyn so that undead would burn humanity to extend the Age of Fire. I got no answers on the source of the curse!

Okay, finally beat the Ancient Dragon (do it alone, help only gets in the way), Vendrick (roll like a boss), and cleared the game.

NOW WHAT THE HECK WAS THE PLOT?!?!!? :confused::confused::confused:
    Ok, so Nashandra is a fragment of Manus. Why does she look like mini-Nito?!? I mean, it'd make more sense if she was related to Nito, as that would confirm the theory from DkS1 that Nito created the curse in on request of Gwyn so that undead would burn humanity to extend the Age of Fire. I got no answers on the source of the curse!
    To be honest, the final boss and ending totally underwhelmed me. It felt lazy just throwing Manus into there randomly. There was little substance to that whole part of the storyline. Didn't have the same integrity as DS1. She isn't even that difficult, found Gwyn harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sort of, having so much trouble making progress towards the old dragonslayer in heides. Too many giants

dont give up they stop spawning after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

We'll that flew by I am now ready to go onto NG+ But I think I will complete a few other games first already pumped 70~ hours in to DS2 and did not see them go!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Way behind everyone else now. Only just in dangleic castle. Switch my mace finally for a lightning ultra great sword. It's finally matched the starting maces strength bonus so it's doing way more damage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does the Sun Sword scale with Dex and Strength? I have 40 of each and do less that 300 damage at +10?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Way behind everyone else now.
    I'm only in Brightstone Cove!

Does the Sun Sword scale with Dex and Strength? I have 40 of each and do less that 300 damage at +10?

That's just par the course for melee builds in this game unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's just par the course for melee builds in this game unfortunately.

Ah crap, if I find a Soul Vessel I'll try figure it out I suppose. I'm making good progress in NG+ with it, it just seemed underpowered compared to some strength builds I've cooped with.

It's a good PvP weapon though

Advertisement