Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Going by my max and min damage output, I was gaining 2 hit points for every 1 strength. Currently with only 25 strength and doing 269-296 damage, where with 40 strength I was doing 300-339

Tl;dr If using the Sun Sword with a dex build, strength is a secondary stat, or vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

where with 40 strength I was doing 300-339
    Not great for STR builds by the looks of it.

I've 36 STR and a Large Club +10 (S scaling from about +3) and I think I'm doing about 550 damage.

penev10 wrote: »
    Not great for STR builds by the looks of it.

I've 36 STR and a Large Club +10 (S scaling from about +3) and I think I'm doing about 550 damage.

That was with 40 strength and 40 Dex. I think strength builds are better sticking to their primitive clubs ;)

Have to get my hands on a blacksteel Katana, and warped sword to test them out, I have another +8 Katana I've forgotten the name of, but it does seem better than the Sun Sword

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Does the Sun Sword scale with Dex and Strength? I have 40 of each and do less that 300 damage at +10?

40/40 is a huge waste of points, min/max that ****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

**** the Shrine of Amana!

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »
    40/40 is a huge waste of points, min/max that ****

Yeah it's 25/40 now, I have realised the 15 points are worthless, put them into Vit

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Cydoniac wrote: »
    To be honest, the final boss and ending totally underwhelmed me. It felt lazy just throwing Manus into there randomly. There was little substance to that whole part of the storyline. Didn't have the same integrity as DS1. She isn't even that difficult, found Gwyn harder.

Just finished it a couple of hours ago myself, and I feel the same way. I had no clue who the final boss was or what she had to do with anything. Imanengine mentions a ghost appearing at Drangleic, so I'll go and check him out. But it's not like you'd have any reason to head back there for more exploration is there? Unless you want another word with the Queen!

I restarted dark souls as soon as I finished it, and did both a NG+ and a SL1 run. I've no real desire to do it this time though, even though I know there's more content in NG+.

I think i'll get through infamous and leave DS2 for awhile. Maybe I've just overdosed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So just bet
    Nashandra and finished the game.

The fight was actually very easy, it was more of an annoyance due to the cursing but overall grand.

Will have a crack at the other Memories, the Darkdiver areas, Ancient Dragon and Vendrick now!

So just bet
    Nashandra and finished the game.

The fight was actually very easy, it was more of an annoyance due to the cursing but overall grand.

Will have a crack at the other Memories, the Darkdiver areas, Ancient Dragon and Vendrick now!

Bring poison arrows to the Abyss under the castle, they help so much. The 3 sister people things at the beginning give you 6 effigies if you're short, and you may get another 6 for killing them.

Bring poison arrows to the Abyss under the castle, they help so much. The 3 sister people things at the beginning give you 6 effigies if you're short, and you may get another 6 for killing them.

And if you're completely out, there's the alter in the shrine of Amana. You'll be revived to human as long as you have no effigies.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got Benhart's achievement there, minimal effort required.
    Exhaust his dialogue at the start of shaded wood, summon him for the first boss in brightstone cove (the one in the church). That boss is piss easy so just ascetic the bonfire there twice so you summon him for that boss three times in total. When you talk to him in Drangleic castle he'll give you his gear.

In regards to the end of the game, I seen some of you earlier said
    something about Manus? How does he come into it? What's the significance of your dude sitting down on the throne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

In regards to the end of the game, I seen some of you earlier said
    something about Manus? How does he come into it? What's the significance of your dude sitting down on the throne?
    Nashandra is a fragment of Manus. I don't think there's really an ending, its subjective as to what your character chooses to do

Nashandra is a fragment of Manus. I don't think there's really an ending, its subjective as to what your character chooses to do
    My guy sat on the throne and locked himself away :(
    What else could he do?

Also I've the memory near Pate's first location, the Giant Lord's memory and the one in Brightstone, where is the final one?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What else could he do?

Also I've the memory near Pate's first location, the Giant Lord's memory and the one in Brightstone, where is the final one?

It's behind where you
    fought the pursuer

Speaking of which, stuck my nose in the throne room of Drangleic Castle on NG+
    Two Pursuers!! Two!!

What else could he do?

The emerald herald says something like you can embrace the darkness or renounce it, kind of like DS1 when you can link the fire or just walk away but you don't get to choose this time. The other memory is behind where you beat the pursuer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The story is really bad in this game. There i said it. Or i'm just missing like 80% of it.

Keep Calm and wait for ENB Lore Videos :pac:

....or Vaati's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Oh man, that ending. These players are what makes Dark Souls so fun to watch.

chickenboy wrote: »
    And if you're completely out, there's the alter in the shrine of Amana. You'll be revived to human as long as you have no effigies.

It costs an effigy each time you want to enter the Abyss!

• Advertisement

It costs an effigy each time you want to enter the Abyss!

Is that the Darklurker covenant? I found all his locations but chose not to join.

It seems like the belfry covenant is the only must-join one; there doesn't seem another decent way to get chunks until right at the end, where the stone-trader has an unlimited quantity.

Poison arrows and AoE attacks are your friend for pilgrims if the dark.

Any essential things to do before entering NG+? Easy to miss side quests, items, anything like that?

Any essential things to do before entering NG+? Easy to miss side quests, items, anything like that?

Google Assassination side quests, see if you can do them, upgrading all your stuff and killing every boss is a given. Killing all the npcs is fun, but it makes Heides tower a bitch... I got invaded no less than 8 times there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Finished this, almost by accident last night.
    Throne guardians segue into big bad boss without a break!
    I'm glad NG+ doesn't automatically trigger.

Still things to do. Skipped some of the undead areas, missed some sorceries and have a really tough boss to kill.

Overall I liked it, but I preferred the world of Dark Souls where this feels like a bit of a boss rush and a large portion of the bosses seem to have hyper aggressive Artorias style AI and still fall foul to the same sort of tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

There is a sideboss at the abysmal convenant that people seem to miss

quite a pain and not worth it imo , the place to access is so dark and just a death ground.

if you fail you need a human effigy to access the place again

Where do you find Cromwell the Pardoner actually? I know he is around the areas in Brightstone after you kill the boss in the church area but can never find him?

Have done the assassination side quest alright, without killing anyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Where do you find Cromwell the Pardoner actually? I know he is around the areas in Brightstone after you kill the boss in the church area but can never find him?

Turn left when you leave the church and climb the ladder. It's kinda hidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Straight after that miniboss in the church, turn left when you exit it and there should be a ladder right beside the door. Very easy to miss, I didn't even know it existed in NG.

• Advertisement

When you exit the church
    there's a ladder in a little alcove on the left.

I have no sin and I've been invaded by arbiters. There's different types of sin apparently and pardoning doesn't absolve some of it. Apparently the only way to lose it is be killed by blue sentinels.

Advertisement