Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

As of yet it seems like there is no point in not level-ing up as it really won't effect anything, that is, if the online actually is based completely off soul memory, which it seems to be.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As of yet it seems like there is no point in not level-ing up as it really won't effect anything, that is, if the online actually is based completely off soul memory, which it seems to be.

Yeah, the only thing is once you hit 40 in STR or DEX there's no real point leveling any further. I suppose you just pump stats into VGR, END and VIT after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Easy mode: Farm Soul Geyser, points into Attunement for numerous slots - max out gear for Fast casting and primarily focus on INT...

Kill even Ancient Dragon quickly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone got any tips for Nashandra? wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

krudler wrote: »
    anyone got any tips for Nashandra? wrecking my head
    When she casts the curse yokes, run as far away as you can from them, within reason, even if you have to let the meter build up a bit before stepping outside their radius you shouldn't get cursed.

Keep your shield up and dodge away from horizontal strikes, dodge left of the swinging diagonal one she does.

The curse things fade after a few minutes, but she recasts them, so if you can get her as close to one edge as possible when she casts them you will have more room to manoeuvre the other side of the arena.

For gods sake don't summon someone to kill the final boss for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Three calibrations today already, smells like an update!

Woohoo beat her

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Three calibrations today already, smells like an update!

I certainly hope so. Getting sick of the multiplayer working properly less than half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

A youtube uploader I'm subbed to uploaded this video:

Profound sadness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yeah, they messed up spectacularly with the graphics. I still can't understand what went so wrong. There's no excuse regarding the textures and the game looks awful and murky in parts, worse than DS1 I'd say. There would have been no performance impact in some decent texture adjustments. I get the impression From don't have the best of programmers working for them if they couldn't get the game looking a little better and smooth.

• Advertisement

Started NG+ after I spent every soul I had on titanite chunks and upgrading weapons, had a soul vessel so reallocated a load of points into INT and FTH so can use some spells as I didnt level them at all in my last game, I finished at level 139 or something so had loads of points to use.

They wasted no time in throwing in a few surprises in NG+ did they :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

passed the 3 sentinels last night, lets just say there were no enemies left to attack me to get to the fight :o

where to after that ? and when do i get some good magic or hexes ? i have been pumping points into int and faith and the only magic i have been using is magic weapon basically

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

2smiggy wrote: »
    passed the 3 sentinels last night, lets just say there were no enemies left to attack me to get to the fight :o

where to after that ? and when do i get some good magic or hexes ? i have been pumping points into int and faith and the only magic i have been using is magic weapon basically

You'll meet one guy quite soon who will sell you some spells. You'll need one of the unpetrifying branches handy though.

The other option, if you haven't already been there, is to visit No Mans Wharf. You get there after getting through the tower of flame.

Patch details:
    • Throwing motion for Acid Urns changed to heavy throwing motion; effects of acid toned down.
    • Durability of Twin Blade category improved.
    • Moonlight Great Sword revised to be non-enchantable, attack speed reduced.
    • Gyrm Warrior’s Greathelm weight, poise and defense increased.
    • Ring of Thorns damage reduced.
    • Old Sun Ring damage reduced.
    • Soul Spear and Crystal Soul Spear revised to pierce and damage multiple enemies.
    • Soul Great Sword casting time revised.
    • Stamina reduction (on enemy) of Homing Soul Mass, Homing Crystal Soul Mass and Affinity reduced and bullet speed increased.
    • Soul Geyser damage reduced.
    • Healing spell casting speed adjusted to be slower.
    • Wrath of God damage effect period shortened.
    • Firestorm, Fire Tempest, Chaos Storm, Flame Swathe and Forbidden Sun damages reduced.
    • Firestorm, Fire Tempest and Chaos Storm duration time increased.
    • Defense of Lucatiel, Bellclaire, Benhart and Tark increased.
    • Health of exploding undead reduced.
    • Homing capability of spells casted by White Undead Sorcers and Amana Priestesses reduced.
    • Fire ball spitting frequency of Fire Lizards reduced.
    • Shockwave duration period caused by the attacks of Hammer Wielders (probably ones in Earthen Peak?) reduced.
    • Last Giant damage reduced.
    • Lost Sinner health and damage reduced.
    • Royal Rat Authority damage reduced.
    • Duke’s Dear Freja’s laser breath damage reduced.
    • NG+ Lost Sinner pyromancers health and damage reduced.
    • NG+ Flexile Sentry shadow assassins health and damage reduced.

Not sure how I feel about the making the bosses easier tbh. Lost Sinner was very tough in NG+ but in fairness most of the bosses are a cake walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I actually complete agree on his last point in the Dragon Shrine area. When I saw that I was literally amazed by all the activity and dragon landing on the bridge.

Amazingly in the final build it's still a cool area but no where near as spectacular is it looked in that footage.. The dragons flying so close, the amount of them. The one landing on the bridge (which is apparently there) just looked amazing.

It's a tough one as the game is amazing yet they went back on so much. I'm still interested to see the PC build and if it's like the pre release footage.

That game must be around somewhere as I played it and it looked and performed so well on a ps3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Homing capability of spells casted by White Undead Sorcers and Amana Priestesses reduced.

Could have done with that last week!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A lot of the changes in the final build are not to do with texturing and more reducing geometry, shaders and the lighting model. It is a shame it's been reduced, it might be nostalgia speaking but it looks worse in most cases than Demon's and Dark Souls. apparently they weren't able to maintain a consistent framerate so cut features.

I can see why they cut a lot out of the Dragon Aerie, that section really struggles on PS3.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Could have done with that last week!

Ha same, that section was a pain in the balls, hearing their spells home in on you and trying to dodge them at the last second.

Anyone else find most of the armour to be useless in it? I'm sure I missed a load of it but a lot of the time using the Drangleic set got me through the game. In the first one I was changing armor and bits and pieces depending on what I needed the resistance boosts for. Every other person I summoned had the same armour as me until the later stages of the game where you'd see guys with Havels armour and some of the boss stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Firestorm, Fire Tempest, Chaos Storm, Flame Swathe and Forbidden Sun damages reduced.
    Soul Geyser damage reduced.

Good night, sweet princes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I get the feeling I've wasted my stats..

Might check them tonight and see what ye think. I know anyway that I've both Strength and dexterity pretty even at about 35ish.

• Advertisement

Good night, sweet princes :(

Yeah, miffed abut forbidden sun, I only just got my hands on it two days ago :(

Don't really think it needed the nerf tbh, it's easy to roll through and is the only pyro that comes close to one shotting folks (well flame swathe can too but is very easy to dodge). Even with the nerf casters/hexers have access to 4 or 5 spells that can do comparable damage, doesn't seem balanced to me.

Yeah, miffed abut forbidden sun, I only just got my hands on it two days ago :(

Don't really think it needed the nerf tbh, it's easy to roll through and is the only pyro that comes close to one shotting folks (well flame swathe can too but is very easy to dodge). Even with the nerf casters/hexers have access to 4 or 5 spells that can do comparable damage, doesn't seem balanced to me.

Awwww I just stuck a load of points into INT just to get the soul geyser since I already had it, I'll reallocate them and bring them down again if it's not worth the stupid amount of INT you need for it.

what do I need to use the great lightning spell? I have a few staffs and chimes, do i need a miracle talisman like the first game?i'm still a sun bro

You need to get your faith up and use a chime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Patch details:

Moonlight Great Sword revised to be non-enchantable, attack speed reduced.
    Ring of Thorns damage reduced.
    Old Sun Ring damage reduced.
    Soul Great Sword casting time revised.
    Stamina reduction (on enemy) of Homing Soul Mass, Homing Crystal Soul Mass and Affinity reduced and bullet speed increased.
    Soul Geyser damage reduced.
    Healing spell casting speed adjusted to be slower.
    Wrath of God damage effect period shortened.
    Firestorm, Fire Tempest, Chaos Storm, Flame Swathe and Forbidden Sun damages reduced.
    Firestorm, Fire Tempest and Chaos Storm duration time increased.

As my character is melee only these are welcome changes.

But I think pyromancy is getting unfairly nerfed. It's pretty useless in pvp, it's very easy to dodge. Magic and hex damage could do with being nerfed.

http://www.explosion.com/55854/dark-souls-2-pc-graphics-settings-revealed-leaked-image/

There's still hope the PC version will be more buffed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Cydoniac wrote: »
    http://www.explosion.com/55854/dark-souls-2-pc-graphics-settings-revealed-leaked-image/

There's still hope the PC version will be more buffed up.

Consensus seems to be we're not going to see the lighting from the early Mirror Knight demo :( Speaking of which, has anybody found the game for cheaper than €28.49.

Further to this... is fast2play legit/safe?

I don't think we'll get the lighting officially but pretty sure it's going to be modded to look similar someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

After 3 sentellis, do I head for sinners? Got killed by some giant slugs there and wondering if I should back there or where is the next place to go. Passed the ship enemy in no man's wharf already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

After 3 sentellis, do I head for sinners? Got killed by some giant slugs there and wondering if I should back there or where is the next place to go. Passed the ship enemy in no man's wharf already

If you have a branch of yore, you can unpetrify the statue blocking the switch and go that way instead. Or you can return to Majula and find the miracle trainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Go to the tunnel that goes towards Heide's Tower, and get yer wan to change the direction of the tunnel. Head towards Huntsman's Copse there and right by the first bonfire you meet, there's a guy in a chair that will sell you some amazing hexes, and give you some of the best magic gear you'll see for a long while if your INT and FTH are 20 or more.

Advertisement