Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

2smiggy wrote: »
    passed the 3 sentinels last night, lets just say there were no enemies left to attack me to get to the fight :o

where to after that ? and when do i get some good magic or hexes ? i have been pumping points into int and faith and the only magic i have been using is magic weapon basically

If you've been investing in Faith then you can also buy some miracles from that slightly crazy chick near the bonfire after killing the Dragonrider in Heide's Tower of flame.

Thought Nashandra was a bit of a let down, I just battered her with Great Lightning Spears, and Emit Forces. I finished her off with a Sunlight Blade buffed Zwei. In regards to the patch at least they don't interfere with my precious miracles too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Are the boss souls worth holding onto or consume them, just short a few souls to level up

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are the boss souls worth holding onto or consume them, just short a few souls to level up

You can trade them for unique weaponry and spells

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can trade them for unique weaponry and spells

Are they worth it? I have used up the first few I got but have the 3 sentellis and the lad on the boat left. I am just doing coop now for 3 sentellis to build up some souls

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are they worth it? I have used up the first few I got but have the 3 sentellis and the lad on the boat left. I am just doing coop now for 3 sentellis to build up some souls

Depends on your build and that but I've found the one I got for Freja's soul very useful as it pierces shields (Spider Silk it's called) Go and have a look at what's available from Straid or Ornifex before you consume them anyway i'd say.

• Advertisement

I have the large club, but need 2 more strength points to use, I need 6 more to get faith to 20, which u think better option. The hexes look bad ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Tip for Nashandra
    You can attack the curse things, if you hit them
    once they disappear, but she does recast them from time to time.

Damaged reduced on Last Giant is a joke, thought he was an very, very easy boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I have the large club, but need 2 more strength points to use, I need 6 more to get faith to 20, which u think better option. The hexes look bad ass!
    Large club is very versatile when you get the range and timing sussed. Also theres a ring that increases FAI and one for INT too if you want to skimp on those stats.

There are items which reduce the requirements for spells too.

Cheers, went to 26 strength for the club, now just saving up for 20 faith, have int already at 25. Looking forward to using the hexes! One or two more summons for 3 sentinels should do it

Cheers, went to 26 strength for the club, now just saving up for 20 faith, have int already at 25. Looking forward to using the hexes! One or two more summons for 3 sentinels should do it

Ring of Prayer gives you 5 extra faith I think, also the Sun Bro ring you get increases the power of your miracles!

Can anyone tell me how many hits with the Manslayer to get someone poisoned, generally? Seems like it could be a useful weapon if it poisons after one or two hits!

• Advertisement

Ring of Prayer gives you 5 extra faith I think, also the Sun Bro ring you get increases the power of your miracles!

Can anyone tell me how many hits with the Manslayer to get someone poisoned, generally? Seems like it could be a useful weapon if it poisons after one or two hits!

I've found Manslayer pretty good for PvP but so far it hasn't actually poisoned anyone or me. Probably because I tend to do on or 2 slashes and roll away. I managed to poison one of the dragons in the dragon Aerie in 4 or 5 slashes I think.

I've found Manslayer pretty good for PvP but so far it hasn't actually poisoned anyone or me. Probably because I tend to do on or 2 slashes and roll away. I managed to poison one of the dragons in the dragon Aerie in 4 or 5 slashes I think.

Is that upgraded to +10? Meh, the main reason I was considering it was for it's poisoning effect...can you then add a poison stone mod on top of that?

Can just imagine people freaking the hell out in pvp if they got poisoned :D

Is that upgraded to +10? Meh, the main reason I was considering it was for it's poisoning effect...can you then add a poison stone mod on top of that?

Can just imagine people freaking the hell out in pvp if they got poisoned :D

I'm not sure about adding more poison. The spotted whip (boss soul weapon) does way more poison damage so might be what you're looking for but I've not really used it.

Manslayer only goes to +5 because it's twinkling titanite btw, I like it because the move set seems a bit faster than the other katanas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Best way to freak out someone in PvP is either an upgraded Shotel or a poison-imbued sword. Watch them frantically search for their poison moss/estus to keep them going and strike!

I only know this because of the ****ers who've done it to me many many times...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Best way to freak out someone in PvP is either an upgraded Shotel or a poison-imbued sword. Watch them frantically search for their poison moss/estus to keep them going and strike!

I only know this because of the ****ers who've done it to me many many times...

Yeah I'm tempted to uprgade the shotels and see what they're like dual wielded. Their heavy attacks bypass shields too.

Yeah I'm tempted to uprgade the shotels and see what they're like dual wielded. Their heavy attacks bypass shields too.
    That's the main premise, your opponent has their shield up and realise it's not working at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

The souls memory thing sucks. I asked a few players who I've been dueling and a lot of them were 30-50 levels higher than me.

Can NG players duel and be invaded by NG+ players? I didn't think it was possible I think I've been dueling people in NG+ while I'm still in NG.

Edit: Another player got back to me saying they were SL210. How's that fair, I'm only SL135.

The souls memory thing sucks. I asked a few players who I've been dueling and a lot of them were 30-50 levels higher than me.

Can NG players duel and be invaded by NG+ players? I didn't think it was possible I think I've been dueling people in NG+ while I'm still in NG.

Edit: Another player got back to me saying they were SL210. How's that fair, I'm only SL135.
    It is a good system I think. It means that Level 1 players aren't overwhelmed by what are called 'twinks' i.e people who are way more powerful but still in level range.

It's hard to tell to be honest, bonfire ascetics induce a NG+ mode so it could be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Quick look of the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Right... I'm a melee build.. wear mostly the dragleic armour and shield and use a halbred and scimitar.

My Stats are
    VGR - 33
    END - 31
    VIT - 28
    ATN - 10
    STR - 40
    DEX - 39
    ADP - 29
    INT - 7
    FTH - 5

So looks like I have wasted stats.. where should I put them?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Right... I'm a melee build.. wear mostly the dragleic armour and shield and use a halbred and scimitar.

My Stats are
    VGR - 33
    END - 31
    VIT - 28
    ATN - 10
    STR - 40
    DEX - 39
    ADP - 29
    INT - 7
    FTH - 5

Well unless you want to include miracles or sorceries in your build you can't really do much else. No point pumping Dex or Str past 40, so all thats left is Adp, Vgr, End and Vit...so I'm not sure tbh, keep leveling those 4?

Unless you want to invest in Fai or Int.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

My Stats are
    VGR - 33
    END - 31
    VIT - 28
    ATN - 10
    STR - 40
    DEX - 39
    ADP - 29
    INT - 7
    FTH - 5

How well does your Halberd scale with strength? If it's C or lower you could drop strength until you can just wield it.

Endurance soft caps at 20, which should give you more than enough to use the Scimitar effectively and a Halberd slowly.

Attunement could probably lose a few levels seeing as you don't have the faith or intelligence to use any decent spells.

Upgrading your armor and weapons can have a bigger effect than a couple of stat changes, and lighter armor in turn of only a few dropped defence points can be useful too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsQnoXji-9MCdERSd2ZDRGdaU3pudllXODNSRklRdWc&usp=sharing

@EpicNameBro Made a #DarkSouls2 armor spreadsheet w/defense ratios and total stats. Thought you would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

My Stats are
    VGR - 33
    END - 31
    VIT - 28
    ATN - 10
    STR - 40
    DEX - 39
    ADP - 29
    INT - 7
    FTH - 5

With your VIT at that level you should be able to wear the Gyrm armour which has far better stats than the Drangleic and is also upgraded with normal titanite as opposed to twinkiling.

With STR and DEX so high you should probably look for a weapon that scales with both, a lot of the boss soul weapons do so maybe check out a few of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

My Stats are
    VGR - 33
    END - 31
    VIT - 28
    ATN - 10
    STR - 40
    DEX - 39
    ADP - 29
    INT - 7
    FTH - 5

I'm on my second runthrough where all I want in the whole world it to dual-wield two ultra greatswords, so this is fairly similar to where I'm aiming. Is ADP really worth it though? It didn't seem to do a whole lot for me in my hex build, but I guess I was getting agility from my ATT there...

Duelled with a guy last night. Got a few good hits in on him and I barely scratched him. He was level 530 ffs.

The soul memory thing is a good idea for NG as it stops the twinking but I don't see why the system doesn't revert back to SL in NG+ and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lit my third primal bonfire in Brightstone. How come the boss didn't give me a big soul? Only got a regular one from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lit my third primal bonfire in Brightstone. How come the boss didn't give me a big soul? Only got a regular one from it?

You have to pick it up off the ground iirc

Look for the glowing spot on the ground.
    See, it doesn't actually come from Freja, at least I think that's what they're trying to convey. Does the dragon skeleton above look familar? Duke's Freja...Duke's Archives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Look for the glowing spot on the ground.
    See, it doesn't actually come from Freja, at least I think that's what they're trying to convey. Does the dragon skeleton above look familar? Duke's Freja...Duke's Archives...

Ah ok, I thought that was an explosive trap thingy. Didn't want to go near it!

Advertisement