Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Doesn't the hood from Straid's armour set speed up casting speed too? He gives it to you after you trade a few boss souls with him.

I'm not sure, Never used it, Hexers Hood was always my Sorcerer hood, gives an extra cast of each spell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

2smiggy wrote: »
    I know they changed the invasion to reflect the number of souls gathered instead of soul level to stop the people who managed to gather red eye orb on SL1 and invade and destroy low level players on dark souls 1.

i have not done much PvP , but i did try a few duels for the laugh at the blue cathedral. I was about soul level 45 and ended up getting 1 hitted by some magic whip type spell ?? the other lad said you get it near the end of the game.
    That was the end of my dueling for a while !!

They can surely have a SL cap on areas like this, leaving it up to the players to police this themselves will not work. there are far too many trolls !!
    At least on dark souls 1 you are going to be up against similar players, SL wise anyway.

Yeah it's kind of ruined pvp for me.

As well as being unfair on players having to duel people 100+ levels higher than them it's taking the variety out of it.

Seeing players running around with great shields and heavy weapons that require 50 strength and rolling around in full havels while also using spells that require 64 intelligence is just ****.

Gone are the days when you have to finely tune and optimise your character when you can just level to 300+ and pump points into everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Lion Mage set in the Shaded Woods improves casting time too, by 5% each item. Can you tell me what percentage yours goes up by with the ring equipped? (what it goes up by/original, multiplied by 100)

I've a few Lion Mage pieces which I haven't bothered with so far. I'll check them out this eve. I'll let u know how much my casting speed goes up, it's at approx 71% at the moment.

Current stats are
    VIG 27
    END 22
    VIT 25
    STR 25
    DEX 18
    ATT 18
    ADP 10
    FTH 40 (enhanced by ring of prayer)
    INT 3

Using Chloranthy Ring +1, Third Dragon Ring, Ring of Prayer and Ring of Soul Protection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hold on, I can infuse my chime with lightning? Balls I must do that. Even without infusion my spells are doing silly damage :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hold on, I can infuse my chime with lightning? Balls I must do that. Even without infusion my spells are doing silly damage :)

You sure can :) It makes Great Lightning Spear insanely powerful. For physical damage spells such as WOTG and Emit Force however it's better to use a standard Chime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Reckon the soul level/soul memory thing will be patched out? Seems like it's a bit of a mess at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It kind of needs to be fixed to support the competitive PVP community. In DS they picked a SL and stuck to it so they could find each other easily. The way it is now winning matches will garner you souls so you'll end up throwing off your soul memory even if you don't want to.

I really can't understand why they went with Soul Memory instead of Soul Level this time around. It just makes invasions way too random and increases the chance of ridiculous mismatches.

I wasn't online in the first game, but what's the proper online etiquette? The majority of invaders are spamming prciks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I wasn't online in the first game, but what's the proper online etiquette? The majority of invaders are spamming prciks

After a while areas were designed upon, on sites like reddit or even on twitch.

like the undead burg in dark souls 1. Souls level was 120 , so if you were beyond this by too much you could not invade/be invaded.

etiquette was generally no flasks for healing, no tranquil walk of peace , wrath of the gods frowned upon. in general it was just fair enough sword fights with some magic thrown in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I really can't understand why they went with Soul Memory instead of Soul Level this time around. It just makes invasions way too random and increases the chance of ridiculous mismatches.
    It deters people who cheated for infinite souls and it stops people unfairly overpowering new players. It's not perfect but fixes a lot of crap from DS1.

like the undead burg in dark souls 1. Souls level was 120 , so if you were beyond this by too much you could not invade/be invaded.

etiquette was generally no flasks for healing, no tranquil walk of peace , wrath of the gods frowned upon. in general it was just fair enough sword fights with some magic thrown in
    Screw that, I'll happily heal, and the other player is welcome to, don't see anything unfair in that. Especially now in DS2 where healing is slower.

Halfway through gettng this set :)

YzjrGXV.png

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It deters people who cheated for infinite souls and it stops people unfairly overpowering new players. It's not perfect but fixes a lot of crap from DS1.

Screw that, I'll happily heal, and the other player is welcome to, don't see anything unfair in that. Especially now in DS2 where healing is slower.

Halfway through gettng this set :)

YzjrGXV.png

Where does one acquire such a set? :O

So I'd guess retreating into piles of enemies and then basically gankering is frowned upon? A lot of people seem to do this, it's really unfair

Haven't had any run ins with ridiculously overpowered players yet anyways, I'll probably rage another bit when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Depends person to person and covenant to covenant.
    • When summoning, alway exchange a bow, wave or battle cry with your phantoms! And when you beat the boss, repeat! :D
    • When duelling (Red Soapstone, Dragon Covenant) then you should always bow. You've been summoned to their world to fight so do it honourably. "Don't heal unless the host heals" is a common addition to this, as is banning use of corrosive items. Same rules go for the Blood-Blood and Blue-Blue duels for orbs (though dickwraiths have full licence to be dicks, so watch out there).
    • Blue and Red Cracked Eye Orbs, your victim was unwilling for the invasion, so there's no etiquette. Though if my victim bowed to me, I would bow back and observe healing-ban as duel.
    • Blue Sentinels protecting Blue Apostles, your honour is moot if your charge dies. Protect them at all costs, leave your honour for the duels.
    • Bell Keepers and Rats are this game's Forest Covenant. You enter the bell towers? You die. Enter the Rat Dens? You die. This aint no duels of respect, this isn't rss or arena duels. This is get of my lawn or I'll kill you with the axe from the shed and let the dogs out on you.
    • And finally, the most important rule. Never, ever, ever, ever message a person online to flame them. And if you get flamed, no matter how tempting it is, just delete it and continue enjoying this marvellous game!

Where does one acquire such a set? :O
    It's a very rare drop from an enemy in Belfry Sol - hard enough to even get him to spawn let alone drop!

It's not as rare as the visible Aurous armour set though. There's an enemy in NG+ No Man's Wharf that only appears once per playthrough (or ascetic) who drops a piece if you're lucky. Someone is as far as +21 ascetic and still haven't got the whole set.

There's also a ring awarded for not dying once through the whole playthrough, and one for never sitting at a bonfire :o

It's a very rare drop from an enemy in Belfry Sol - hard enough to even get him to spawn let alone drop!

It's not as rare as the visible Aurous armour set though. There's an enemy in NG+ No Man's Wharf that only appears once per playthrough (or ascetic) who drops a piece if you're lucky. Someone is as far as +21 ascetic and still haven't got the whole set.

There's also a ring awarded for not dying once through the whole playthrough, and one for never sitting at a bonfire :o

There is some mad gear you can pick up alright, do you know the name of those 2 rings? Would like to look them up, see what they do! I reckon it could be done if you played it safe enough, just go sorcery build and always have 2 sun bros by your side! Might give it a go tonight, see how far I get.

So far, have done a Dex build, Fai build, going to do a Int build and a dual wield cestus build...not sure what else after that! Plenty to keep me busy anyway!

There is some mad gear you can pick up alright, do you know the name of those 2 rings? Would like to look them up, see what they do! I reckon it could be done if you played it safe enough, just go sorcery build and always have 2 sun bros by your side! Might give it a go tonight, see how far I get.

So far, have done a Dex build, Fai build, going to do a Int build and a dual wield cestus build...not sure what else after that! Plenty to keep me busy anyway!

Illusory Ring of the Conqueror and Illusory Ring of the Exhalted, they make your weapons invisible and nothing else?

If you wanted to give it a really safe attempt you could skip the 4 great souls by collecting 1 million souls, after your soul memory exceeds 1m, the large door opens for you.

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Illusory+Ring+of+a+Conqueror

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Illusory+Ring+of+the+Exalted

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need to get a soul vessel and stick all my stats back into dex again, sorcery builds are so boring

Seems like a bit of fun for pvp but really, all it does is make your weapon invisible, after not dying for the entire game?! Kinda sucks.

• Advertisement

Seems like a bit of fun for pvp but really, all it does is make your weapon invisible, after not dying for the entire game?! Kinda sucks.
    It's just an extra challenge for comfortable players. I'm pretty sure if I was really careful I could make it through the game without dying.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The no bonfire run is very doable as you can still light the bonfires and just replenish estus by being summoned and that. Just homeward bone to majula if you need to level up or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The no bonfire run is very doable as you can still light the bonfires and just replenish estus by being summoned and that. Just homeward bone to majula if you need to level up or anything.

Does lighting a bonfire without resting at it make that one the checkpoint? or is it like the first game, Id usually rest at one after lighting it, i dunno why lol habit I guess. I really wish you didnt have to travel back to majula to level up it was grand the way it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    Does lighting a bonfire without resting at it make that one the checkpoint? or is it like the first game, Id usually rest at one after lighting it, i dunno why lol habit I guess. I really wish you didnt have to travel back to majula to level up it was grand the way it was.

Didn't they explain that somehow though :confused: Can't recall exactly but something to do with
    firekeepers

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Once it's lit it's the checkpoint in this one.

I've been trying to level up in the brotherhood of blood covenant. 150 tokens of spite later, from putting my red soapstone sign down, I realise that they don't count towards your rank :(

I've been trying to level up in the brotherhood of blood covenant. 150 tokens of spite later, from putting my red soapstone sign down, I realise that they don't count towards your rank :(
    I'm pretty sure the wins count, as long as you're wearing the ring!

Is there anyone somewhere in the region of SL175, 5m soul memory who wants to fight/co-op later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Havent seen it mentioned anywhere but the Helm of the insolent (cleric armour set) adds 2 points to faith. Not sure if it increases when upgraded but I will find out.Kind of annoyed the awesome Cleric armour from Dark Souls 1 isnt here :( maybe DLC... or at least a new looking version of the insolent armour as its pretty awesome, just dingy and dented with terrible pants ha ha

You can get Anastacia's set from DS1 too, check the bottom of Grave Of Saints in NG+. It's all +5.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure the wins count, as long as you're wearing the ring!

Is there anyone somewhere in the region of SL175, 5m soul memory who wants to fight/co-op later?

Wiki says wearing the ring isn't necessary and that red soapstone duels don't count, only invasions and brotherhood duels.

I'd be up for a duel but don't think my soul memory is high enough 3.2m, plus I'm still in NG. I'll probably in NG+ in the next day or so.

Advertisement