Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does santiers spear seam a little OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Black Gulch and the snakey queen had me by the short and curlies tonight.

Poison really hits hard compared to DS1, or is it just me and my 8 VGR!? Haven't had the need to raise my HP and am at SL80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

penev10 wrote: »
    Black Gulch and the snakey queen had me by the short and curlies tonight.

Poison really hits hard compared to DS1, or is it just me and my 8 VGR!? Haven't had the need to raise my HP and am at SL80.
    Well you can avoid the poison altogether for that boss. Use a torch near the bonfire looking out to where Gillian is in Earthen peak and see if there's anything you can use it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does santiers spear seam a little OP?

Did I not mention this a few times????, break it and make it mundane and then ask if it seems a little OP !!!!! :D It was a difficult move set for me to adjust to and needs a few more things to make it even more OP

Knowing you are in NG+ at least, the higher your lowest stat with mundane weapon the better, mine is around 28 and that is key it scales to the lowest stat , crystal weapon buff and the ring that makes spells last longer .... can't recall it's name now, there are other things like some of the gear from the dragon covenant that make it even better, the reason I say break it is because it's permanent hence needs no repair then ever , and the move set is better that way !!!!! I tore the lost sinner a new one with it on NG++

I spent some time farming for the NPC phantoms stuff in the bell tower on NG+ and the only ones that put up a real fight were guys with heavy shields and even then up close if i got the full rb move set on them I could still get the job done with ease :)

Edit: I did also spend ages trying to get summons to follow me to get the ring of blades +2 and that al;so does help add to the spinny death the spear inflicts

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    Did I not mention this a few times????, break it and make it mundane and then ask if it seems a little OP !!!!! :D It was a difficult move set for me to adjust to and needs a few more things to make it even more OP

Knowing you are in NG+ at least, the higher your lowest stat with mundane weapon the better, mine is around 28 and that is key it scales to the lowest stat , crystal weapon buff and the ring that makes spells last longer .... can't recall it's name now, there are other things like some of the gear from the dragon covenant that make it even better, the reason I say break it is because it's permanent, and the move set is better that way !!!!! I tore the lost sinner a new one with it on NG++

I spent some time farming for the NPC phantoms stuff in the bell tower on NG+ and the only ones that put up a real fight were guys with heavy shields and even then up close if i got the full rb move set on them I could still get the job done with ease :)

I hat seeing it in PvP, know I'm about to get my ass kicked. I know about the breaking and that, I have my one as Raw at the moment but I don't really like it. THink mundane might be the way to go alright.

• Advertisement

I hat seeing it in PvP, know I'm about to get my ass kicked. I know about the breaking and that, I have my one as Raw at the moment but I don't really like it. THink mundane might be the way to go alright.

Depends on how they use it though , if I see it I expect them to run at me for that attack and move set and its a killer!!!!! i find anyone who knows it from having used it will totally punish me if they can time me if i commit to the full RB if they can time they can easily backstab, the thing to take as a given is they have high stamina and can roll away even after the full move set unless for some reason they come to the fight fat.

Edit: Unlike DS1 where the shield parry was drilled into you from the silver and black knights and as early as undeadburg, its rarely if ever seen in pvp or even the game .... at all in DS2 btu its still there, and if a running spear guy .... not me .... is hit with that its game over!!!!!!

How do you do the the halberd type move where it spins 360?

The problem I have with it is (and this goes for a lot of greatswords too) when I role away it hits me in the back even though they're not facing me and I'm about a metre out of reach of the blade.

Pet hate on PVP is when a laggy player hits you from a mile away.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Pet hate on PVP is when a laggy player hits you from a mile away.

I feel like just suiciding when it happens.

Whats the deal with the critical attacks in this btw? my backstab animation always works (onless they have certain items obviously) but when I shield break them it never happens, they stagger and I just get a few regular hits in. If someone shield breaks me it goes into a full on animation that drains my whole health bar.

How do you do the the halberd type move where it spins 360?

The problem I have with it is (and this goes for a lot of greatswords too) when I role away it hits me in the back even though they're not facing me and I'm about a metre out of reach of the blade.

the 360 spinning move set is the 2 handed rb attack isn't it? Haven't played in a week and already forgetting

• Advertisement

I feel like just suiciding when it happens.

Whats the deal with the critical attacks in this btw? my backstab animation always works (onless they have certain items obviously) but when I shield break them it never happens, they stagger and I just get a few regular hits in. If someone shield breaks me it goes into a full on animation that drains my whole health bar.
    You can't immediately hit if you stagger them, you have to wait until they've fallen on the ground for the action to be open.

You can't immediately hit if you stagger them, you have to wait until they've fallen on the ground for the action to be open.

Ah right, have never seen anyone fall yet, maybe their poise is too high (likely since most people I come up against are in full havels and over SL200 :P).

Ah right, have never seen anyone fall yet, maybe their poise is too high (likely since most people I come up against are in full havels and over SL200 :P).
    Well, for enemies it's when they fall, for players it could just be that stunned animation, but either way you have to wait a second before attacking again. It stops people spamming the attack button getting free bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I did that as a Sorcerer and she kept dodging my spells, so I killed her with my Fire Longsword. Nip at her and don't get greedy, as you'll need the stamina in reserve to block or roll. A 100% physical shield (e.g. the one sold by McDuff) helps a lot with the blocking! Good luck!
    She was the last of the Old Ones I fought as a Sorcerer, and I couldn't hit her either. If you get a melee co-op partner to tank and absorb her hits you should be able to hit her regularly enough

Got her on my first attempt last night, used the tank to distract her and avoided her or absorbed physical damage when I distracted her too much. Only had to heal twice but glad to get past her.

On to the Smelter now - lost the tank there, had him down to 30% but difficult to avoid his attack every time when my stamina was sapped by rolling or spells. This game is taking way too much of my time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

derfderf wrote: »
    The lemmings on the way to the throne of want leaping to their death

Or those guys in Black Gulch outside the bonfire who literally do a running jump off the cliff to their death in the abyss below.
    Are there red phantoms in the throne of want in NG+? Seems like many people are fighting something before they die.

I was exploring around Majula yesterday when I came across a mystery I found at the start of the game but subsequently forgot about. On that pillar with the worldwide death count, there is a plaque at the back of it on which the writing is "too faded to read" (or something). DLC? Haven't found an explanation for it yet.

On the note of that counter, you can check your own personal death count by going into offline mode and checking the death counter on the obelisk. If only I had known that before completing NG I could have gotten my death count for the game.....I assume it was around 50 or 60. And that's including the PvP rampage I went on with the Dragon Remnants guys at the end of the game on the bridge leading into the Iron Keep.

One thing that disappointed me about this game is that there was no Painted-World style area that was a really hidden, massive area. Although No Man's Wharf is optional. What annoyed me was that I suffered through that irritating place only to find it brought me to
    Lost Bastille anyway even though I had already accessed it through the Forest of the Fallen Giants...

Anyway, found Great Lightning Spear last night in
    the Pit.
    Faith is now at 40, as is strength and vigour. I level up a hell of a lot in this game, usually about two or three times after I beat a boss and use their soul.
    And finally, the most important rule. Never, ever, ever, ever message a person online to flame them. And if you get flamed, no matter how tempting it is, just delete it and continue enjoying this marvellous game!

Woops....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Currently at level 128. My adaptability is only at 10 right now. If I were to pump 15 more points into this would it be worth it? Does it improve weapon swing speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Currently at level 128. My adaptability is only at 10 right now. If I were to pump 15 more points into this would it be worth it? Does it improve weapon swing speed?

The only evidence of it's worth I've seen is that it improves invincibility frames for rolling and it speeds up estus chugging. From my own experience it speeds up the time it takes you to raise your shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

penev10 wrote: »
    The only evidence of it's worth I've seen is that it improves invincibility frames for rolling and it speeds up estus chugging. From my own experience it speeds up the time it takes you to raise your shield.

It increases your poise and agility, I think, along with a load of resistances. Plus, as you already said it increases the speed of using healing items and shield-raising. Its a good stat but not as important as the others (like Vigour) so it merely supplements other stats. I stopped investing in it around 20 although I might put a few more levels into it (up to 25 or 30 maybe).

Patch has dropped on Xbox now at least, going by reddit Shrine of Armana is now a cake walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Patch has dropped on Xbox now at least, going by reddit Shrine of Armana is now a cake walk.

I didnt think it was that difficult an area, just annoying. Arrows were a godsend there, the homing spells were a pain but rolling out of the way while bombarding them with arrows from afar got me through it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you have a build that doesn't use arrows its a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Nice one :) it means I can farm Twinkling Titanite there without fear of being utterly gozzled by homing soul arrows.

I grabbed the Clear Bluestone Ring +1 from the Shaded Woods yesterday. After equipping it my cast speed jumped from 75 all the way up to 121. I wasn't expecting it to jump by that much, not that I'm complaining :pac:

Also yesterday I went into the sewer area that links Majula with Heide's Tower of Flame to buy some miracles from Licia of Lindelt. A message came up saying that my Crushed Eye Orb was stirring. I checked it out and I was teleported to an alternate world where I was attacked by Licia. It took 2 attempts to kill her as I was one-shotted the first time by her Wrath of the Gods. I killed her the 2nd time and was teleported back to my own world. Now she's gone :( On the bright side I got her set and chime.

Nice one :) it means I can farm Twinkling Titanite there without fear of being utterly gozzled by homing soul arrows.

I grabbed the Clear Bluestone Ring +1 from the Shaded Woods yesterday. After equipping it my cast speed jumped from 75 all the way up to 121. I wasn't expecting it to jump by that much, not that I'm complaining :pac:

Also yesterday I went into the sewer area that links Majula with Heide's Tower of Flame to buy some miracles from Licia of Lindelt. A message came up saying that my Crushed Eye Orb was stirring. I checked it out and I was teleported to an alternate world where I was attacked by Licia. It took 2 attempts to kill her as I was one-shotted the first time by her Wrath of the Gods. I killed her the 2nd time and was teleported back to my own world. Now she's gone :( On the bright side I got her set and chime.

Yeah,
    you were probably invaded by her a few times before, she's the Nameless Usurper
    . That fight was tougher than a lot of the boss fights imo as she kept healing the whole time!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you have a build that doesn't use arrows its a nightmare.

I didn't! just happened to pick some up along the way and used everything I had lol my crappy shortbow got me through that place, take this you homing spell casting harpies!

Definitely noticing the menu loading instantly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone here know/care to explain what this megamule thingy is and how does it work? Just curious, I don't really see the point in using it myself, although I may try it out just for lols.

Definitely noticing the menu loading instantly now.

Thank christ, cos the lag between pressing start and it appearing was headwrecking if you were trying to change somethnig mid boss fight

Great not having to quit out constantly too.

Lost Sinners health and dmg reduced according to the notes alst the same for the last giant :confused: Sinner I can nderstand to a point especially for the other bit on NG+ which they also tweaked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Finally back home from college so can start playing again, gunna go NG+ with my FAI build and start a new game as a dual wield caestus/pyro build I think.

Advertisement