Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had a quick run through Shrine of Amana there post patch , I know many complained about it , I likely did myself but looking back it was challenging but not that bad, now it's a complete joke you can breeze through it with ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Redeye ring is the only way to go if you want to keep the NPC alive. I'm really impressed at how effective it was. Benhart still had over half his HP left for Mirror Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ooooh, just got an armor set of Maughlin (sp?) the guy who sells armor in Majula! Did not know he gave away armor, he seems a tad consumed by greed! :P

Ooooh the armor is really cool actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ooooh, just got an armor set of Maughlin (sp?) the guy who sells armor in Majula! Did not know he gave away armor, he seems a tad consumed by greed! :P

Theres a few that will give you something if different conditions are met or at different points in the game,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Not sure if it has been discussed here yet but the 1.03 patch was detailed on dark souls 2 facebook and I recommend anyone to play offline since the game pretty much nerfs alot of the bosses damage and make the game easier.

I don't get why certain bosses are being nerfed as to me at least this was already the easiest game in the soul series and alot of the bosses have the same strategy.

• Advertisement

Shrine of Amana on NG+. Archdrakes :(

Why they are nerfing bosses I will never understand, almost all the bosses in DS1 were far harder then the ones in DS2 for how far into the game they appeared.

For example, Ruin Sentinels v Orstein and Smough, Nashandra v Gwyn so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Still waiting on PC release - still quite disheartened about massive downgrade on the lighting system although videos showing what the 60fps looks like was pretty damn nice.

But anyway, here's a topic for discussion. Anyone think it'd be cool for them to do events like they did in Demon's Souls? Valentines day, Christmas etc would sometimes have a few days of a pure world tendency that was unchangeable. I can only imagine they have more to play with in DaSII in that regard.

For example, Ruin Sentinels v Orstein and Smough
    I don't know about that. Ruin Sentinels is pretty hard solo. I couldn't handle it at all first time around and I had mowed down O&S several NG+'es.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't know about that. Ruin Sentinels is pretty hard solo. I couldn't handle it at all first time around and I had mowed down O&S several NG+'es.

Possibly because I have played DS2 online (I didn't do any online for DS1) and did a lot of co-op so when the time came for doing it solo I had them pretty much down to a tee. Always found the 2 bros tough though in DS1!

• Advertisement

To be honest I find Demon Of Song by far the most annoying boss in the game. I don't know why people claim he's the easiest, he keeps one hit killing me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be honest I find Demon Of Song by far the most annoying boss in the game. I don't know why people claim he's the easiest, he keeps one hit killing me.

Are you playing melee? As a caster it's a farcically easy fight. I can see how it would be trickier if you had to rely on getting up close. He hits hard, but most of his moves are easily avoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Thought he was super easy fightning melee, he only hit me once and his moves were far too predictable

He is quite difficult to solo, the fact that you can only hit his head for damage is really annoying.

I actually found Freja incredibly difficult solo, for the same reason. Smeltor Demon for his fire damage. But tbh, once I got any of the bosses movesets down I found them grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Im noticing that post-patch I get summoned (and summon) a lot easier, but there seems to be much more lag in PVP and after being summoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Has anyone had any issue with poise? I've been PvPing today with my STR build. I have 92 poise, and I still get stunlocked by pretty much everything. It's really frustrating considering that's what I built this character to do; be able to finish a swing! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Has anyone had any issue with poise? I've been PvPing today with my STR build. I have 92 poise, and I still get stunlocked by pretty much everything. It's really frustrating considering that's what I built this character to do; be able to finish a swing! :mad:

Haven't read alot into it but apparently poise is "broken" Or it just doesn't have the same mechanics that it did in DkS1

On another note. After seeing the beautiful 1080p 60fps PC version i have stopped playing console version altogether. Honestly DGAF about no dynamic lighting but that 60FPS gives me a massive erection

Found this on www.etsy.com It shall be bought

il_570xN.551473323_3p98.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ancient Dragon is toast finally! Now I forgot where I was going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Haven't read alot into it but apparently poise is "broken" Or it just doesn't have the same mechanics that it did in DkS1

Well I go to swing my mastodon halberd, meanwhile any DEX build quickly swings with their dagger/rapier/falchion and interrupts me. Would Soul Vessel the whole build, but after wasting all that titanite on high poise gear, I'm probably just gonna put the game away for a while and hopefully they'll patch this horrific mechanic...

Started a new game as a deprived for my Caestus build, pretty fun to start off with!

Also,
    WOAH, the Old Iron King is Gwyn?! Mind. Blown.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Also,
    WOAH, the Old Iron King is Gwyn?! Mind. Blown.

What makes you say that?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

ENB told me :P On teh youtubez.

For reference, he talks about it a little in this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Yeah I find it annoying as well. I got stunlocked to death by a flipping Archdrake Warrior in the Shrine of Amana yesterday while farming for twinkling titanite. Also,I find that the Chloranthy ring in DS2 doesn't work half as well as the one from DS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What's this about a "small portion" of humanity?
    Players now receive a small portion of Humanity after successfully assisting in a Multiplayer session instead of regaining full Humanity.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quarryman wrote: »

It reverses the way your health bar deteriorates each time you die. So if you died 3 times it will take 3 successful summonings to reverse hollowing completely.

Going by what they're saying on reddit though its fixing people in one go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

quarryman wrote: »

I think it's something to do with how your character degrades aesthetically every time you die. The more deaths your hollow character suffers the worse he actually looks. I presume what they they mean is that with each successful summon the degradation process is reversed, to the point where you eventually revert back to human.

ENB told me :P On teh youtubez.

Ah, just remember ENB and Vaati just have theories. I personally think it's more a reincarnation/nod.
    you do see the chaos bug crawl into Lost Sinners eye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ah, just remember ENB and Vaati just have theories. I personally think it's more a reincarnation/nod.
    I think what ENB was getting at was that Old Iron King has Gwyns soul in his possession hence the reason you get Gwyns soul from him in NG+ and the Old Witch Soul from the Lost Sinner in NG+. Another hint is Freya the spider also has a Pale Drake Soul in NG+ which we can assume is Seeth and the petrified Dragon in her boss room hints at that also.
    The Rotten is the only boss that doesn't have any reference to Nito from what i have seen so far, apart from being in the lowest, darkest, light forbidden place in the game

• Advertisement

True, I am getting the impression that it isn't exactly him but more maybe Gwyns soul possessed him or a reincarnation type thing. It probably isn't technically Gwyn but I think that there is definitely something to do with it Lore wise and not just a nod.

Advertisement