Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

The Rotten is the only boss that doesn't have any reference to Nito from what i have seen so far, apart from being in the lowest, darkest, light forbidden place in the game
    I think The Rotten is made up of dead corpses, sort of like Nito and skeletons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lost sinner just gave me much less trouble on NG++ than she did in NG+. Lucietel even survived!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lost sinner just gave me much less trouble on NG++ than she did in NG+. Lucietel even survived!
    They seem to have made both Lucatiel and Benhart stronger. He survived Mirror Knight for me with Bonfire at 3/4.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cydoniac wrote: »
    They seem to have made both Lucatiel and Benhart stronger. He survived Mirror Knight for me with Bonfire at 3/4.

Yeah I think they did, though benhart made it through all the boss fights apart from giant lord for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Are Lucateil and Benhart the only NPC's you bring through the game via summoning them for bosses? Also which bosses can you summon them for?

Considering actually going for platinum in this game, something I've never bothered with before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Are Lucateil and Benhart the only NPC's you bring through the game via summoning them for bosses? Also which bosses can you summon them for?

Considering actually going for platinum in this game, something I've never bothered with before!

Pretty much there are 5 or 6 achievement for inheriting gear , those 2 are the only 2 you can really miss or have to do another play through if you miss one of the encounters.

They need to survive 3 battles with you before you can unlock their final dialogue. You can use a bonfire ascetic on the same boss to achieve towards that 3.

Ayone know where to get he Cloranthy Ring +2? The normal one and +1 are sucky. Apparently it does exist, but I'm guessing it may be a NG+ item?

Ayone know where to get he Cloranthy Ring +2? The normal one and +1 are sucky. Apparently it does exist, but I'm guessing it may be a NG+ item?
    NG+ boss item, yeah.

NG+ boss item, yeah.

which boss? I'm in NG++ and still not got it. I'm guessing it's one of the rat covenant ones as I skipped those 2nd time around.

• Advertisement

which boss? I'm in NG++ and still not got it. I'm guessing it's one of the rat covenant ones as I skipped those 2nd time around.

I've been doing a bit of hunting on the internets and I think it might be the
    Skeleton Lords?
    I think anyway, may test it later with a bonfire ascetic.

Chariot

I've been doing a bit of hunting on the internets and I think it might be the
    Skeleton Lords?
    I think anyway, may test it later with a bonfire ascetic.

That's strange if true, only have +1 in my inventory. They're next on my NG++ run anyway. I'm only going as far as Drangleic castle this time to get the last few miracles and pyromancies off the merchant.

I asceticed the bonfire before the rotten a few times in the hope it would get the shrine of winter to open early, didn't work though, seems you can only do that in NG.

That's strange if true, only have +1 in my inventory. They're next on my NG++ run anyway. I'm only going as far as Drangleic castle this time to get the last few miracles and pyromancies off the merchant.

I asceticed the bonfire before the rotten a few times in the hope it would get the shrine of winter to open early, didn't work though, seems you can only do that in NG.
    Yep, the 1m soul trick seems to be NG exclusive, that or the bar is raised much higher.

Just spotted this on Reddit, has anyone tested it??

"I changed the "RGB Full Range (HDMI)" setting in the PS3 display settings to "full" (default is "limited") and the DS2 visuals improved substantially. It looked less washed out and the contrast was much improved. Dark areas were darker and bright areas brighter. In fact everything on the PS3 looks better now.
    Try it on your PS3 to see if it makes any difference."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished the game finally. The final boss was a cakewalk and the optional bosses weren't too tough either.

Overall I feel the game was disappointing compared to Dark Souls 1. I like what they did with combat system but the world and level design just didn't stack up and I found it no where near as memorable as DS1. It all seemed a lot easier as well especially the bosses.

Still, disappointing compared to Dark Souls would still make this one of the best games I'll play this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

After ten PvP losses in a row I feel disheartened and quite embarrassed X( It's like everyone I invade is much better than me. Is it just me or is anyone else having sh it luck when it comes to PvP?

After ten PvP losses in a row I feel disheartened and quite embarrassed X( It's like everyone I invade is much better than me. Is it just me or is anyone else having sh it luck when it comes to PvP?

What level are you and how far in the game? You might be fighting people of a way higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

What level are you and how far in the game? You might be fighting people of a way higher level.

I'm at level 130 and on the first giant memory on regular NG. Soul memory as approx 2.9 million. Mainly just dropping summon signs everywhere. Zwei just too slow I think

I'm at level 130 and on the first giant memory on regular NG. Soul memory as approx 2.9 million. Mainly just dropping summon signs everywhere.

2.9 is fairly high for NG I think so you could very well be invading people a lot higher level. I'm 150 and most people I have dueled with people from the same level as me all the way up to 530. The system is pretty broken at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just finished the game finally. The final boss was a cakewalk and the optional bosses weren't too tough either.

Overall I feel the game was disappointing compared to Dark Souls 1. I like what they did with combat system but the world and level design just didn't stack up and I found it no where near as memorable as DS1. It all seemed a lot easier as well especially the bosses.

Still, disappointing compared to Dark Souls would still make this one of the best games I'll play this year.

Agree there, even the regular enemies didn't seem nearly as varied either did they? I know there were many types in DS2 but few that stand out, and certainly few if any moments like in DS1 where you round a corner and there is a black or silver knight blocking you etc. and it's ages since the last bonfire.

NG+ is executed better in DS2 however, much much better!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I'm at level 130 and on the first giant memory on regular NG. Soul memory as approx 2.9 million. Mainly just dropping summon signs everywhere. Zwei just too slow I think

Practice the guard break. Just tap forward and rb/r1. You'll clean up in pvp using it, everyone relies too much on their shield

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Really? Most people agree that the ancient dragon and darklurker are quite tough.

Let Journey 3 begin...

*spoiler link*
    http://i.imgur.com/uHTjisK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Let Journey 3 begin...

*spoiler link*

So troll

Oh my god, love the duel arenas in the brotherhood of blood. Really great battles going on! The odd annoyance with a laggy hit or whatever but doesn't detract from some seriously good fighting.

Let Journey 3 begin...

*spoiler link*

Started that today myself! Have the Rotten asceticed up to NG++++++ so I could get Lucatiel's achievement, it was not fun! He's not hard at all but one slip and he one shots you, and I had to be wreckless to draw him away from here a few times.

I will say this, she's very tough now after the patch, took a lot of punishment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kirby wrote: »
    Really? Most people agree that the ancient dragon and darklurker are quite tough.

Ancient Dragon will one shot you but has a pattern that you can learn and you can also get the dragon stuck in a pattern. Once you play calmly so you are always prepared to run from the AOE attack it's just about keeping your composure.

Darklurker had some annoying spells and high damage output but was also a bit of a glass canon to my lightning based attacks. I here he's even weaker to fire.

I definitely wouldn't rank them anywhere near the difficulty of the bosses in Artorias of the Abyss or even the harder DS boss fights like ornstein and smough.

None of the bosses even compare to Manus, still has the title of hardest boss I reckon. Terrified to fight him on my NG+ save...

• Advertisement

I had more trouble with Artorius and the Chimera!

Advertisement