Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

krudler wrote: »
    There's one in a chest in the mansion in Majula, if you met Cale the Cartographer he'll give you the key to it.

Yeah got that one too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Shrine of Amana was a pain!

That part before the boss with the casters, priests, and those lizard things that I need to duel wield to even hit! At least the boss was easy enough.

Also what was with that
    disappearing man
    before the boss fog?

Accidentally sold my awesome dragonrider bow to Gavlan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

ShaneU wrote: »
    Shrine of Amana was a pain!

That part before the boss with the casters, priests, and those lizard things that I need to duel wield to even hit! At least the boss was easy enough.

Also what was with that
    disappearing man
    before the boss fog?

Accidentally sold my awesome dragonrider bow to Gavlan :(
    It's a woman actually! It's a Milfanito if you remember. You will discover another one somewhere else in the game, when you do talk to the first Milfanito in the hut and she'll give you a reward.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Where can i get more Pharro's Lockstones? I'm in Lost Bastille and have gone past two places i can use them. Do i just have to come back later or is there somewhere i can purchase them. I already bought one off the Vendor in the tower and she has none left.
    be the Rat covenant in Doors of Pharros, you get one for every successful defeat of an invader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I was using a Soul Vessel in my game a few nights ago. My character before reallocation had 20 dex and one of my weapons was doing 450-ish damage. I brought dex down to 12 and the weapon was now doing 290 damage. I brought it up to 13 and it was doing 440-ish damage. I didn't know there was such a low treshold on dex. After about 13 the damage on sword weapons only goes up by about 2 or 3 per level of dex.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got The Dark Soul achievement at last last night. Some of the bosses were a bit more troublesome in NG++ pretty much everything was one shotting me.

• Advertisement

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    I was using a Soul Vessel in my game a few nights ago. My character before reallocation had 20 dex and one of my weapons was doing 450-ish damage. I brought dex down to 12 and the weapon was now doing 290 damage. I brought it up to 13 and it was doing 440-ish damage. I didn't know there was such a low treshold on dex. After about 13 the damage on sword weapons only goes up by about 2 or 3 per level of dex.

Huh? Is that a greatsword or something? I'm at 40 dex and not doing that much damage per slash I don't think with Falchion or Warped Sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Defiantly the best gear In dark souls 2 :L

2014-04-17-1150213.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Defiantly the best gear In dark souls 2 :L

2014-04-17-1150213.jpg

Not to be worn around NPCs though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Huntsman's Copse in NG+ is tough, rakes of red phantoms

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they bothered releasing any Pc trailers for this yet? With the release date a week away, you'd think they'd be trying to market it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kiith wrote: »
    Have they bothered releasing any Pc trailers for this yet? With the release date a week away, you'd think they'd be trying to market it a bit more.

Not a trailer, but something to check out http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/16/dark-souls-2-4k-screenshots/

Looking good for the pc version. Apparently its a very good port, with all the bells and whistles we'd expect. PcGamer did a good write up of it, with the guy who modded DS1 to what it should have been. Screenshots looks pretty good.
    PcGamer wrote:
    Conclusion
    With Dark Souls 2, From Software and Namco Bandai deliver a PC version of their game which not only fulfills all the standard expectations in terms of resolution and framerate support, but also adds additional options beyond that. Crucially, they have included high-resolution texture assets which generally fit even the expectations of gamers who play beyond 1080p.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/17/dark-souls-2-pc-port-mod-god-durantes-verdict/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So is the PC version actually going to look like what the previews were showing?

Not quite, from what they say in the PCGamer article. But it's definitely a step up (graphically and performance wise) from the console release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope, the lighting and shader engine is still the reduced console one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nope, the lighting and shader engine is still the reduced console one.

And I don't understand why. I played the Mirror Knight demo at Eurogamer Expo back in September, which had the aforementioned features. Also ran at a solid 60fps. Still, I'm not in this for the pretty graphics, but 1080p60 I certainly appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I can't seem to get summoned at all, my soul memory is 6mil and I'm putting down signs at the rotten, am I far too high for that area? SL is 93.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I can't seem to get summoned at all, my soul memory is 6mil and I'm putting down signs at the rotten, am I far too high for that area? SL is 93.

Is SL even relevant for summoning now? I though it was all done based on soul memory.

Is SL even relevant for summoning now? I though it was all done based on soul memory.

I'm not sure, I put it in just in case, last I heard it was a slight mix of both? Who knows!

And I don't understand why. I played the Mirror Knight demo at Eurogamer Expo back in September, which had the aforementioned features. Also ran at a solid 60fps. Still, I'm not in this for the pretty graphics, but 1080p60 I certainly appreciate.
    Who knows what went down. That could have been running on beefed up PC hardware. They claim the game in general was choppy. Funny enough there is or was a glitch in the game that reverts the Mirror Knight fight to one that looks more like the original, with rain effects. I think they could have tried a lot harder to be honest, some of the textures are cringey and you can clearly see the repeating patterns, especially the dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm not sure, I put it in just in case, last I heard it was a slight mix of both? Who knows!

I'm in Drangelic castle now. I'm level 105 but soul memory is only about a million. Maybe your level is too low for your memory.?

derfderf wrote: »
    I'm in Drangelic castle now. I'm level 105 but soul memory is only about a million. Maybe your level is too low for your memory.?

I just realise I made a huge mistake, I was reading it 6mil but it was actually only 600k :P

So, it was probably a bit low for the Rotten, I'm at Drangleic now anyways so it's all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I just cannot for the life if me beat the Ancient Dragon. I tried all the YouTube tactics and nothing works. I tried the foot stomp technique but he kept frying me while I was underneath his legs. **** this boss, I've had enough of him.

Brightstone Cove is by far my least favourite area in this game. It's not even particularly difficult it's just really annoying and boring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it was running on a dev machine then it would have had a lot more ram to play around with.

Brightstone Cove is by far my least favourite area in this game. It's not even particularly difficult it's just really annoying and boring.
    Yeah, is there even a way back up from the lower bonfire?

Yeah, is there even a way back up from the lower bonfire?

The one beside Ornifex? That's the closest to the boss unfortunately. You can sprint most of the way though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

YESS! I finally beat the Ancient Dragon (Thank you Gyrm shield) and Vendrick. NG+ here I come :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The one beside Ornifex? That's the closest to the boss unfortunately. You can sprint most of the way though at least.

I can't even get to the boss from it though, it's a dead end.

• Advertisement

I can't even get to the boss from it though, it's a dead end.

Go past the door to ornifex and you'll find another door on the left. Should be straight forward enough from there.

Advertisement