Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dammit it's gone again, gamestop now do a thing where you can order online and pick up instore so that's dead handy, there's a huge price difference though, not sure whether to just see if they get in the Black Armour one or just get the regular one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

on my receipt it says black armor edition anyway , so happy with that.

regardsing stats - read about
    that resetting of the stats using a soul vessal in the eurogamer article, also just seen it now in a guardian article :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Want!

Dark Souls 2 is getting a limited collector’s edition in Japan that includes a set of replica weapons from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Xenji wrote: »
    Want!

Dark Souls 2 is getting a limited collector’s edition in Japan that includes a set of replica weapons from the game.

1282786204310.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Xenji wrote: »
    Want!

I know a one month old baby who could be kitted out with those itty bitty weapons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just wish they'd give us a definite release date for the pc. Really annoying, as i want to pre-order it on the pc, but i'm not willing to wait a few weeks/months for it. Will get it on the PS3 if there's a long delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Kiith wrote: »
    I just wish they'd give us a definite release date for the pc. Really annoying, as i want to pre-order it on the pc, but i'm not willing to wait a few weeks/months for it. Will get it on the PS3 if there's a long delay.

if they'll tell me, ill know by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Again, if anyone gets a line on any PS3 Black Armours being available then let me know please!

Might ask Gamestop Stephens Green after work but if they've stopped taking pre-orders for it online I wouldn;t be too optimistic.

Its weird but with all the fancy extras with both Demons and Dark Souls, I'd seriously dislike a standard Vanilla edition of DS2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I dont see the appeal of the Black Armour edition. The extra's are just the soundtrack and a hardcase. Am i missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I dont see the appeal of the Black Armour edition. The extra's are just the soundtrack and a hardcase. Am i missing something here?

I'm a sucker for a hardcase! :D

On top of that I have it for only £35 on Amazon so it's cheaper too.

Edit: Bloody hell.. just noticed Infamous is out the week after. Going to be a busy month of gaming!

• Advertisement

I think I am spoiled by the previous incarnations being limited edition as standard and having some freebies with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has been cheaper than the regular edition on most online sites, got mine for £31.99 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ah good stuff. The art book that came with the previous standard editions of the Souls' games are really nice. I would have pre-ordered if i knew 100% i would get it on day of release. Id much rather spend the extra few quid and get it as early as possible

VaatiVidya just posted a video 10 minutes ago. The weapons that come with the pre-order are no exclusive but are rather early access to the weapons. Apparently they can be obtained throughout the game. Its unknown at the moment if they are extra powerful or just different looking versions of standard weapons...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

VaatiVidya just posted a video 10 minutes ago. The weapons that come with the pre-order are no exclusive but are rather early access to the weapons. Apparently they can be obtained throughout the game. Its unknown at the moment if they are extra powerful or just different looking versions of standard weapons...

If that's the case then I actually don't want access to the weapons. Would much rather find them myself. It's part and parcel of the souls series progressing from weapon to weapon as you work through the game and I don't really mind them as pre-order bonuses for other players as long as I have access to them at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Details of those weapons : I'm going to spoiler as this contains their locations, Edit: Actually on a 2nd read they are more specific that I first realised, not just the area names but generally where they are in those areas.
    Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma
    A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.

Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Yellow Quartz Shield
    A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict

Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield
    A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.

Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield
    A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier than normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.

Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield
    A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Anyone have a dark souls 2 collector's edition xbox 360 that they preordered and dont want :)

Didnt have the money at the time and now i know i made a terrible mistake ! :)

Send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

DaraDali wrote: »
    Anyone have a dark souls 2 collector's edition xbox 360 that they preordered and dont want :)

Didnt have the money at the time and now i know i made a terrible mistake ! :)

Send me a pm

Ditto (for PS3) :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Amazon.com still have the Collector's Edition ($119) if you don't mind waiting to play the game? (although it comes out 3 days earlier in the US)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Vaati ‏@VaatiVidya 5m
    I was happy that the weapons can be found later in the game (we didn't know this before), but we don't know the advantage they give

that's something at least

I'm not looking forward to people that got the Black Armour edition laying waste to those of us that didn't at the start of the game :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I was holding out hoping for a collectors edition but even the armor version is gone. Any idea if theres any website still taking pre orders on the armored edition on xbox?

I was holding out hoping for a collectors edition but even the armor version is gone. Any idea if theres any website still taking pre orders on the armored edition on xbox?

I've exhausted all avenues for PS3. There's just none left :(

Shopto and gameseek are still taking orders on Black Armoured for PS3 but I'd say its just because they haven't updated their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I preordered before either the black armour or collectors were announced, turns out I'm getting the black armour, not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Danonino. wrote: »
    I preordered before either the black armour or collectors were announced, turns out I'm getting the black armour, not sure if I should be happy or sad.

If you're sad, I'll take it off your hands :p

I mean I have the collectors editions for both Demons and Dark souls and what stopped me from guaranteeing the ce for 2 was that statue, I hate the massive box it comes in too. Just hope I don't regret it. Pretty sure my order is old enough that if I kicked up a fuss I'd get the CE just not sure I want it. How much is it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Danonino. wrote: »
    I mean I have the collectors editions for both Demons and Dark souls and what stopped me from guaranteeing the ce for 2 was that statue
    Same here, the previous art books were excellent but that 1 foot high knight isn't going on the mantelpiece now is it.

If it came in a similar size to the last two CEs and had the cloth map, art book and soundtrack it would have been an instant buy. Large statues and stuff just don't interest me at all, if they are going to bundle in items make them little treasures like the awesome keyring and usb stick that came with Forza 3 or the imperial septim coin that came with Oblivion. Actually all the Forza LEs were really nice, no foot high boxes or lunchbox tins etc. think I'll stick with the Black Armour so, I guess the only reason I'd buy the CE is to sell it on... meh.

still want that art book and map though :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Kiith wrote: »

looks like may or late april

NOT from the devs (they've STILL not gotten back to me with their interview answers), but rather we were invited to an event in vegas in april that's got pre-release hands on time with the game. based on the date and the way these things work, i'd wager release 3-6 weeks thereafter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ugh

well at least there's tropico 5 to keep me going until then

Advertisement