Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm trying to kill them to help with the Sinners rise boss

I did it on my own and I got the full five of them. Take your time dodge and magic (if you have it) when you feel you have enough space. If they hit you once your done for.

Ive not tried melee on them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

How I spent my evening... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Summoned one of the dragon remnant dudes for a duel in iron keep and he attacked while I was bowing. Magic Santier's Spear +5 with crystal magic weapon soon put manners on him.

derfderf wrote: »
    Summoned one of the dragon remnant dudes for a duel in iron keep and he attacked while I was bowing. Magic Santier's Spear +5 with crystal magic weapon soon put manners on him.
    Yeah, when someone is nasty enough to take advantage, it's time to put them down and throw 'Hello!' balls on their dead body. Over and over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have 40k souls but nothing I need to buy. What would be the best stat to spend them on now rather than risk losing them?

I'm sword based, don't really use a shield mainly dodge instead.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    I have 40k souls but nothing I need to buy. What would be the best stat to spend them on now rather than risk losing them?

I'm sword based, don't really use a shield mainly dodge instead.
    ADP and DEX/STR I'd say depending on what kind of sword you use. Don't boost ADP further than 20 and it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cydoniac wrote: »
    ADP and DEX/STR I'd say depending on what kind of sword you use. Don't boost ADP further than 20 and it will be fine.

Does ADP give more i-frames on your roll?

Does ADP give more i-frames on your roll?
    yeah it raises agility and resistances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm using the firesword upgraded to +5.

My stats currently are:

VGR 19
    END 10
    VIT 22
    ATN 13
    STR 11
    DEX 17
    ADP 12
    INT 1
    FTH 22

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm using the firesword upgraded to +5.

My stats currently are:

VGR 19
    END 10
    VIT 22
    ATN 13
    STR 11
    DEX 17
    ADP 12
    INT 1
    FTH 22
    Bring STR up a bit, I'd say at 16 it unlocks a lot of extra armour and swords.

Hope you never decide to use anything that needs INT lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

After two days of being a brother of blood and spending a lot of time in the arena I can honestly say that the variety of builds is far smaller than souls and that soul memory is the greatest pile of crap ever conceived. In dark souls one once you hit a SL the only difference was gear and skill... Now... Now its actually screwed up how imbalanced some of the fights are. Dude had duel grestswords, full Havel gear, quick roll AND one shotted me with a soul spear.

That's all kinds of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Danonino. wrote: »
    After two days of being a brother of blood and spending a lot of time in the arena I can honestly say that the variety of builds is far smaller than souls and that soul memory is the greatest pile of crap ever conceived. In dark souls one once you hit a SL the only difference was gear and skill... Now... Now its actually screwed up how imbalanced some of the fights are. Dude had duel grestswords, full Havel gear, quick roll AND one shotted me with a soul spear.

That's all kinds of nonsense.

Agreed, pvp is ****ed up at the moment. But i have confidence FromSoft will do something about it...

Can't say I've had the same experiences here...of course I have faced people who are pure int builds and very powerful, but apart from lag there's a trick around everything. Duels have been enjoyable and nobody around Iron Keep has managed to blow me away without a fight (except unplanned 3v1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Can't say I've had the same experiences here...of course I have faced people who are pure int builds and very powerful, but apart from lag there's a trick around everything. Duels have been enjoyable and nobody around Iron Keep has managed to blow me away without a fight (except unplanned 3v1)

For the Iron keep if I get summoned 3v1 I always sprint to where you have to jump to get the dull ember. Normally one guy dies trying to get to you and sometimes the red phantom is still in there to help you if the other two jump across. It's very satisfying killing all 3, I sometimes send a nice victory message if they act dishonourably.

But yeah I've said before the soul memory thing is quite poor. I'm rank 2 at the min in the brotherhood of blood so I quite enjoy duels but it is very annoying fighting someone who is over one hundred levels higher than yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Man just soloed those
    Belfry Gargoyles
    , Man they SUCKED !!! Way overwhelming for an early-game scrap !

Very satisfying though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It really gets more fun in NG+ when you have decent gear and spells, got one of my chimes to +7 or something and the great lightning spear destroys stuff, is there a way of making the range longer? I've seen other guys hit people from miles away with spears and soul arrows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

krudler wrote: »
    It really gets more fun in NG+ when you have decent gear and spells, got one of my chimes to +7 or something and the great lightning spear destroys stuff, is there a way of making the range longer? I've seen other guys hit people from miles away with spears and soul arrows

You can use the Binoculars to set your aim for spells.

Hopefully they fix the soul memory imbalance before I get a proper pvp character up and running on PC. I'll be stopping at 150 and I don't want to run into a never ending sea of Havel-mages! Keeping soul-memory for NG and using the original SL range for NG+ would work nicely.

Big Knox wrote: »
    You can use the Binoculars to set your aim for spells.

Hopefully they fix the soul memory imbalance before I get a proper pvp character up and running on PC. I'll be stopping at 150 and I don't want to run into a never ending sea of Havel-mages! Keeping soul-memory for NG and using the original SL range for NG+ would work nicely.

The binoculars actually do something? well that's new information lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The binoculars actually do something? well that's new information lol

Yep. I don't even know if it was intended but due to the way the spells work you can free aim with the binoculars and snipe with the spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Beginning to think I've overdone it on my magic attacking power in this. I'm SL107 with almost everything gone into INT (40), FTH (35) and ATN (40) so far. I can power through most areas fairly handy but I think I'm starting to get found out in the boss fights. Missed the Belfry Gargoyles early on and just gone back to them now and they're slaughtering me. They stagger me so easily and then that's it basically the fight over. I have a soul vessel but I can't imagine it'd be worth using one just to go putting 10/15 points into defence??

• Advertisement

Beginning to think I've overdone it on my magic attacking power in this. I'm SL107 with almost everything gone into INT (40), FTH (35) and ATN (40) so far. I can power through most areas fairly handy but I think I'm starting to get found out in the boss fights. Missed the Belfry Gargoyles early on and just gone back to them now and they're slaughtering me. They stagger me so easily and then that's it basically the fight over. I have a soul vessel but I can't imagine it'd be worth using one just to go putting 10/15 points into defence??
    It's a tough fight solo no matter what your stats are. You just have to take your time and keep stamina up for rolling and defending yourself and only do damage when you know you have a clear window.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

derfderf wrote: »

This happened to me the other way around last week and a guy. I was so affronted that I focused not on killing him, but hurling corrosive urns at him to break every bit of equipment that he was wearing. Each smashing noise I heard was like music to my ears, and then afterwards I knocked him into the lava. Such satisfaction!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I haven't played for a couple of weeks now. Today may be the day I restart again and see if I find it any better than before D:

OdgeXD wrote: »
    I haven't played for a couple of weeks now. Today may be the day I restart again and see if I find it any better than before D:

I'm enjoying it much more in NG+, i dont feel totally underpowered. I didnt put any points into INT or FTH on my first playthrough and really felt the consequences later on. Not now though, soul and lightning spears ftw. I spent ages just letting myself get summoned to fight the Smelter Demon yesterday, handy souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Finally beat the Rotten last night. He has a mountain of HP and found it hard to predict/avoid his attacks.

Anyway am at Drangleic castle. Are there many more areas?[no spoilers please :D] Have put 50 hours in already but only feel like I'm at Anor Londo (in DS1 terms of progression).

I'm enjoying it much more in NG+, i dont feel totally underpowered. I didnt put any points into INT or FTH on my first playthrough and really felt the consequences later on. Not now though, soul and lightning spears ftw. I spent ages just letting myself get summoned to fight the Smelter Demon yesterday, handy souls.

Yeah I found NG+ to be not that difficult really. Killed the Persuer on the platform when you first meet him without taking any damage aha. Most of my points are in STR/DEX/ATN so I'm a buster sword wielding pyromancer. I think the main reason I lost interest was because I went straight into NG+ without fully exploring everything in NG. That and I killed the map dude for Forbidden Sun, totally worth it

Edit: When I first got to the Castle I thought..damn I'm near the end :O

There's a little bit to do yet :P

penev10 wrote: »
    Finally beat the Rotten last night. He has a mountain of HP and found it hard to predict/avoid his attacks.

Anyway am at Drangleic castle. Are there many more areas?[no spoilers please :D] Have put 50 hours in already but only feel like I'm at Anor Londo (in DS1 terms of progression).

You're about 3/4 of the way through I'd say give or take, depends on how many optional areas/bosses you've done too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can anyone tell me what I can use all these boss souls for? I have over 20 of them just sitting there and I haven't a clue where to exchange them for stuff or use them to upgrade weapons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can anyone tell me what I can use all these boss souls for? I have over 20 of them just sitting there and I haven't a clue where to exchange them for stuff or use them to upgrade weapons.

There's 2 merchants who will trade you special spells or weapons for them one in
    Lost Bastille
    and one in
    Brightstone Cove

The first one is
    located on the top floor petrified on front of a bonfire, you need a Fragrant branch of yore to free him, you'll get one in a chest after defeating the Lost Sinner in sinner's Rise.

The other one you find by
    falling down a pit in the shaded fruins and freeing them from a locked room. You need a fragrant branch of yore to get the key off the petrified lion mage near the first Shaded Ruins bonfire. When you have freed her she will relocate to a room in Brightstone Cove by a large pit of quicksand.

• Advertisement

Actually **** no, now I remember why I quit. TOo many red phantoms and giants in Heides

Advertisement