Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Perfect thanks! I have two branches so that should do the job, would you recommend any of the stuff in particular?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Perfect thanks! I have two branches so that should do the job, would you recommend any of the stuff in particular?

Depends on you build. Some souls can be traded for several different things so will require more than one play through to get everything. If you have a magic, faith or dark build I would recommend getting the miracles, hexes or pyromancies from the first merchant.

I have a dex build and I found Spider Silk and the Chaos Blade (can't get this until NG+ though) to be a good investment, more for PvP than the game itself though. Have a look at the weapons and see what you like the look of and what they scale with.

Cool thanks, I'm around SL 95 with 40 DEX 35 STR 30 END 20 HP and everything else has been neglected! Have a soul vessel now so might reconsider though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just use my boss souls, had a look at the weapons and I just invested in stats instead, if I do ng++ I might get some though

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Cool thanks, I'm around SL 95 with 40 DEX 35 STR 30 END 20 HP and everything else has been neglected! Have a soul vessel now so might reconsider though.

Having that much in STR and DEX is a waste but that's just my opinion. If you like big weapons, invest in STR and use the min DEX and vice-versa for DEX weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone in NG+ wanna help me farm Sunlight Medals? PSN name J4CK_2O11 (that's the letter o).... I was 13

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Having that much in STR and DEX is a waste but that's just my opinion. If you like big weapons, invest in STR and use the min DEX and vice-versa for DEX weapons.

Yeah you're right it's not much use, I'll probably scale STR up with the vessel when I use it. Still haven't found a lethal DEX weapon, been using a Heide Spear +10 which is decent but nothing great. I'd rather a DEX build so if I find a good weapon I'll scale that up instead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you're right it's not much use, I'll probably scale STR up with the vessel when I use it. Still haven't found a lethal DEX weapon, been using a Heide Spear +10 which is decent but nothing great.

That does lightning damage doesn't it? I think lightning scales with Faith in this.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That does lightning damage doesn't it? I think lightning scales with Faith in this.

Yeah it does, I actually didn't know that so it looks like I've some homework to do before using the soul vessel.

Yeah it does, I actually didn't know that so it looks like I've some homework to do before using the soul vessel.

Poison and Bleed scale with DEX and all the other elemental damages scale with either INT or FTH I think.

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »

I dropped my dex and str and upped int and faith. I use the bastard sword at +10 raw and it does some decent damage, have a +10 uchi as well. Think I'll do a strength build next.

Apparently weapons such as the Avelyns and Santier's Spear that have no scaling absolutely wreck if you apply mundane infusion and adjust your build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Apparently weapons such as the Avelyns and Santier's Spear that have no scaling absolutely wreck if you apply mundane infusion and adjust your build.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hf5FRPfGiC8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Think I've mentioned the joys if doing this a few times, once broken and mundane and stats balances with a soul vessel the santier is a beast, I was getting 2 full rb/r1 move sets 2 handed and a roll away, add crystal magic spell , and rings and gear to up uses and length of cast !!!!!!

The only thing I found with it was the move set didn't suit me one handed, 2 handed is devastating if you catch someone with it but it does leave openings you can be punished for. As for bosses the length of the move set is an issue you really have to be conservative with it as opposed to wailing on them with the full set.

What does mundane actually do? I have a few mundane stones

krudler wrote: »
    What does mundane actually do? I have a few mundane stones

Scales with your lowest stat. The soft cap is 20 I think, so if you re-spec basically make every stat 20 apart from whichever one you want to scale up to use a particular weapon or spells.

I haven't tried it yet myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Scales with your lowest stat. The soft cap is 20 I think, so if you re-spec basically make every stat 20 apart from whichever one you want to scale up to use a particular weapon or spells.

I haven't tried it yet myself.

20 sounds right, I found its just good but great when you buff it with a hex or sorcery

Edit:
    "Mundane weapons seem to scale in damage based off of your lowest attribute score. You get +6 for each level until 20 in which it then starts to add 3. The testing was done with longswords +0 and +10. The scaling is not affected by the quality of the weapon. At minimum attribute level 22, the +10 mundane has the same damage as a normal +10 longsword. Though this doesn't seem too helpful now, it would be really good for those that want to grind an insane soul level."
    Reference for damage numbers added: +80 damage when your lowest stat is 5, +6 damage for every increasing of all stats until hitting +180 at 20, then +3 damage until hitting +210 at 30, and +1 more point for raising all stats over 30 (confirmed up to 33).

Notes
    Calculation of whether mundane infusion is an increase or decrease of damage would be:
    ([Base Damage/2 + Current Mundane Scaling] - [Base Damage + Current Scaling]) = Damage gain/loss
    Mundane scales with the lowest stat, if two lowest stats are equal there would be no increase in scaling over only having one lowest stat.

*nods along as if he understands*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just got The Dark Soul! One of my proudest Platinums, would recommend anyone going to for it to join The Heirs to the Sun on NG, then the Bell Keepers on NG+, unpatch and do the shrine skip on NG++, and you should be able to get all the covenant spells with little to no grinding

Just got The Dark Soul! One of my proudest Platinums, would recommend anyone going to for it to join The Heirs to the Sun on NG, then the Bell Keepers on NG+, unpatch and do the shrine skip on NG++, and you should be able to get all the covenant spells with little to no grinding

Wait, there was a way to open the Shine in NG+ and beyond? Goddamn it, I thought you could only do it in NG, it took me ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Wait, there was a way to open the Shine in NG+ and beyond? Goddamn it, I thought you could only do it in NG, it took me ages!

Think he means the wall jumps that get to the other side on 1.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Haven't even looked at the achievement list which is weird as I 100%'d dark souls on ps3 and xbox... Best game of the last generation.

Dark Souls 2 Guide book arrived today woo hoo its lovely. Going to start a new save to 100% then I'm avoiding PvP until the match making or soul memory or whatever is patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Beat
    Nashandra
    . Gonna wait until I kill
    Vendrick
    before heading in to NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Beat
    Nashandra
    . Gonna wait until I kill
    Vendrick
    before heading in to NG+.

Kill 'em, kill 'em all!
    Did you get all the dragons?
    and the
    giants in the memories

Got the Giants, think the only dragon I haven't got is the Ancient Dragon but he's scaring me just sitting there.

Got the Giants, think the only dragon I haven't got is the Ancient Dragon but he's scaring me just sitting there.

Did go for a gander around Freja's boss room in Brightstone Cove? might want to.

Did go for a gander around Freja's boss room in Brightstone Cove? might want to.

Oh I have that one, I meant I haven't attacked the Dragon in Aldia's keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Won't lie it's a very frustrating battle but the AI can be abused.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Won't lie it's a very frustrating battle but the AI can be abused.

I have no problem abusing it for +200K souls.
    Worked in NG and NG+, not back to him in NG++ yet, but will abuse it again to see if it works.

• Advertisement

playing the game since day one and only just figured out tapping the dash/backstop button then R1 does your running style attack from a standing position

Advertisement