Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Well Shaded wood fog area is a total pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Think he means the wall jumps that get to the other side on 1.00

Yeah that was for NG++ for the final miracle and pyromancy , I'd recommend completing NG+ legit for Bell Keeper summons

If you go collect the 4 great souls again the door opens as normal

Is it possible to buy fragrant branch of yore anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just got The Dark Soul! One of my proudest Platinums, would recommend anyone going to for it to join The Heirs to the Sun on NG, then the Bell Keepers on NG+, unpatch and do the shrine skip on NG++, and you should be able to get all the covenant spells with little to no grinding

I think I swore more doing that than the entire rest of the game, took me over an hour to get the jumps right, then I get to the top the steps and get killed so had to do it again, lucky I managed the jumps in 10 minutes the seconds time :pac:

weiland79 wrote: »

Don't think so what point of the game are you at?

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Don't think so what point of the game are you at?

Just got to the secondfire in Shaded woods. Theres a statue just on the other side of a fallen tree/bridge

Just got to the secondfire in Shaded woods. Theres a statue just on the other side of a fallen tree/bridge

Ah keep going they'll come to you as you progress through there, talk to
    Talk to Manscorpion Tark with the Ring of Whispers equipped
    after beating the boss, he'll give you one,

Does Divine blessing cure being cursed? I only ask cause i like kinda just got cursed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does Divine blessing cure being cursed? I only ask cause i like kinda just got cursed :pac:

Cursed just hollows you and lowers your health, the same as dying... Except you don't die.

The guy in the Iron Keep sells Fragrant Branches, Magerold or something

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The merchant in iron keep has one, only one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Iron Keep is great for summoning, either from the first bonfire to the smelter demon or the 2nd to the iron king, great craic. let myself get summoned a few times last night there and had over 400k souls to play with by the end, and a mild heart attack when i nearly rolled into lava lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, have you seen those "early access weapons" for PC version? I never sow those weapons in PS3 version of game. Are those exclusive ones, or DS2 actually has some cool hidden weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Guys, have you seen those "early access weapons" for PC version? I never sow those weapons in PS3 version of game. Are those exclusive ones, or DS2 actually has some cool hidden weapons?

They're the same as the console's early access weapons, so you can buy them from the chancellor guy in Drangleic castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

The only one that seems to see regular use is Dark infused Transgressor's Leather Shield. It has 100% Dark reduction so it can tank a full cast of Affinity while only losing a quarter of your stamina at 20 Endurance. This shield also weighs 0.3 units, has 53 stability, and has a big parry window, so it makes an auto-include secondary shield for practically EVERY build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Would love to see an update where Havel's armour and other extreme defense sets got buffed with even better defense but locked to fat roll regardless of your stats. Just played another tumbling ninja in full Havel's and a dragon tooth.... Looks so very stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Danonino. wrote: »
    Would love to see an update where Havel's armour and other extreme defense sets got buffed with even better defense but locked to fat roll regardless of your stats. Just played another tumbling ninja in full Havel's and a dragon tooth.... Looks so very stupid
    At least the Dark Wood Grain Ring didn't make the cut this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I'm playing Dark Souls 1 and it's amazing, one of the best games I've played in years. But I've heard lukewarm (but not bad) reports about this one, how does it compare?

snausages wrote: »
    I'm playing Dark Souls 1 and it's amazing, one of the best games I've played in years. But I've heard lukewarm (but not bad) reports about this one, how does it compare?

some stuff it improves on, others the previous game did better. Personally I prefer DS1, I thought the world, lore and interlinking areas were much better. I really like 2, its a brilliant game, just prefer the first is all.

I "think" the general consensus was that 2 is a good game, but does not live up to the 1st one in terms of how memorable the originals bosses and areas were and how well it all gelled together. For me personally it was very much a case of that, I put the same number of hours into both , and actually only played DS1 this time last year, I could tell you how to get around that blind and where everything is ,where as I would struggle with doing the same in 2 to the same level of detail.

Edit: I'm in a giving it a break phase at the minute, but I will be back to it for another play though, which is rare for any game with me that I've but that kind of time into already. SO still a very good game is DS2 imo.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The only one that seems to see regular use is Dark infused Transgressor's Leather Shield. It has 100% Dark reduction so it can tank a full cast of Affinity while only losing a quarter of your stamina at 20 Endurance. This shield also weighs 0.3 units, has 53 stability, and has a big parry window, so it makes an auto-include secondary shield for practically EVERY build.

Is it sold by the merchant in Drangleic castle? A 100% dark shield is just what I need, already have a 100% magic resist one.

I find parrying very difficult in this though.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I "think" the general consensus was that 2 is a good game, but does not live up to the 1st one in terms of how memorable the originals bosses and areas were and how well it all gelled together. For me personally it was very much a case of that, I put the same number of hours into both , and actually only played DS1 this time last year, I could tell you how to get around that blind and where everything is ,where as I would struggle with doing the same in 2 to the same level of detail.

Edit: I'm in a giving it a break phase at the minute, but I will be back to it for another play though, which is rare for any game with me that I've but that kind of time into already. SO still a very good game is DS2 imo.

Same, am finding a lot of areas on NG+ more of a chore than anything whereas on DS1 the only places I really hated were Blightown and the Depths

It's not as good as DS1 but it is a worthy sequel.

No as good no but I can't really complain about a game I've already sunk 200 hours into.

I'm done in terms of play throughs I think but it's great to just hop on for an hour for a few duels. If they patch a few things on the PvP front then I think it could be genuinely better than the first game n that regard at least.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No as good no but I can't really complain about a game I've already sunk 200 hours into.

I'm done in terms of play throughs I think but it's great to just hop on for an hour for a few duels. If they patch a few things on the PvP front then I think it could be genuinely better than the first game n that regard at least.

Just ditch the bloody soul memory thing, getting demolished by guys at level 300 is no fun

Gave the PC version a 'test run' as I wasn't sure it would run at all on my settings.

Well, wow. 60fps in Things Betwixt so far at low settings which gives me plenty of opportunity to scale up and see where it goes. I'm on hardware quite below minimum too. (2.1ghz i3, Radeon 4570, 3GB RAM)
    Running way smoother than DS1 PC does.

While I don't think I could enjoy the whole game from start to finish (there are some jerky bits) it's totally playable. If I can play on those specs any decent desktop could probably run it at 1080p no problem.

Mouse controls work pretty much 1:1 too, they've done the PC port proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I love DS1 and hate DS2. Don't know why, just can't stick it. Loved the whole Undead Burg/Parish area of 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I love DS1 and hate DS2. Don't know why, just can't stick it. Loved the whole Undead Burg/Parish area of 1..

DS1 is by far my favorite game, DS2 is still close. DS2 for me doesn't quite grab me in terms of the lore, the world, bosses and the way everything is connected.

I think they should have paid more attention to transitions between areas in DS2 and not enabled warp until at least halfway.

There are bits like Heide > No Man's Wharf that make no logical sense (going way under sea level to...sea level)

Same with the broken ladder to Harvest Valley. That might have been more effective as a scare tactic if well, there wasn't a bonfire that let you warp back straight away.

It's only playing DS1 and being stuck in Tomb of the Giants having to go back to Firelink that I realise how much I took warping for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Same with the broken ladder to Harvest Valley. That might have been more effective as a scare tactic if well, there wasn't a bonfire that let you warp back straight away.

Not just that but when you take the Elevator UP after the boss and end up in a castle in a LAKE of lava.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it sold by the merchant in Drangleic castle? A 100% dark shield is just what I need, already have a 100% magic resist one.

I find parrying very difficult in this though.

Yep, the ghost on the stairs. Parrying is more difficult in this game I think, as you're really punished for mistiming, whereas DkS1 gave you a partial block at least.

I agree with the above comments, the DkS2 is a very very very good game, but even it knows how it compares to the original in its referencing that time as an age of legends! Along with previously mentioned stupid area transitions, I was deeply unsatisfied with the story progression.

The original's was simple: Ring Bells of Awakening -> Get Lordvessel -> Get the Lord Souls -> Kill Gwyn and replace him or usher in the age of Dark

DkS2 seems to be:
    Get the Lord Souls -> Get King's Ring -> Get Ashen Mist Heart (?) -> Travel into a memory of a giant and kill his king to get his soul (???) -> Use Giant King soul to gain access to "true throne" (?!?!) -> ?!?!?!?!?

Advertisement