Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh my how I hate the Gutter and Black Gulch.

The area transitions are weird in DS2 alright, sure look at Earthen Peak, you get to the top of the area, you kill the boss, take a massive elevator to someplace that couldn't exist on top of where you just where.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Oh my how I hate the Gutter and Black Gulch.

The gutter is just completely not enjoyable at all and not in the same way Blightown wasn't enjoyable. It's just really tedious.

Black Gulch I don't mind so much, at least it's short and not very difficult, finding
    those giants completely of my own accord
    was probably my favourite moment in the entire game too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The gutter is just completely not enjoyable at all and not in the same way Blightown wasn't enjoyable. It's just really tedious.

Black Gulch I don't mind so much, at least it's short and not very difficult, finding
    those giants completely of my own accord
    was probably my favourite moment in the entire game too.

At least they're both short, I legged through them both pretty quickly, got the Rotten down too. Spells ftw when it comes to bosses keep it melee for regular enemies, got one of those huge bows and have a ton of lightning greatarrows, good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

So ng+ is where it's at. Invaded constantly. I may fair better when I'm sober

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

So The Pursuer reappears in Iron Keep if you go back to the Smelter Demon area after you kill him. Did not know that. Bit of a surprise. And he's waaaaay harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So The Pursuer reappears in Iron Keep if you go back to the Smelter Demon area after you kill him. Did not know that. Bit of a surprise. And he's waaaaay harder.

you think that was hard?????
    Drangleic Castle throne room on NG+ there are 2 of them of you fancy getting the ring of blades +2 from them,
    chewed me up and spat me out until I managed to lead some caster summons up that way to help deal with that !!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

finished the game today... really enjoyed it, but I have no Interest in playing NG.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It took 140 hours but i did it. dunno about NG my heart is thumping so much and me hands are still shaking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

It took 140 hours but i did it. dunno about NG my heart is thumping so much and me hands are still shaking :D

140? seriously????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

yup. I slowly went through each area killing all the enemys until they stopped spawning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

yup. I slowly went through each area killing all the enemys until they stopped spawning.

You sir are an utter rapscallion and have no honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NG for me was close to 90 hours, NG+ was about 20 or so

Anyone have any idea around what level or soul memory it starts getting hard to get summoned in a first playthrough? I'm SL121 but my SM is around 1.4m, and I'm at the scorpion queen type boss in shaded ruins. Finding it hard enough to get summoned there, wondering have I a disproportionately high SM or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone have any idea around what level or soul memory it starts getting hard to get summoned in a first playthrough? I'm SL121 but my SM is around 1.4m, and I'm at the scorpion queen type boss in shaded ruins. Finding it hard enough to get summoned there, wondering have I a disproportionately high SM or something.

Up to about SL150 seems the standard for the first play through, there never seems to be much activity there I find, but your numbers seem fine to me. Is there a reason you're waiting to be summoned there? If it's just to go human you're probably better soloing or getting summoned for someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dam you coffin near the two trolls, only now 76 levels later i noticed what it did to me. :D

Up to about SL150 seems the standard for the first play through, there never seems to be much activity there I find, but your numbers seem fine to me. Is there a reason you're waiting to be summoned there? If it's just to go human you're probably better soloing or getting summoned for someone else

Yeah, mostly to get to human (although I have plenty of effigies) but also to get a few practice runs in at the boss (seems pretty tough) and for a decent supply of souls to use my great resonant soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I found there wasn't much activity there at about SL70. There should be an NPC summon available though.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Dam you coffin near the two trolls, only now 76 levels later i noticed what it did to me. :D

That was Glitched for me and I couldn't change back played about 60 hours as a chick, seems to have been fixed with the patch though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You're levelled quite high for the point you're at, if it's a first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cydoniac wrote: »
    You're levelled quite high for the point you're at, if it's a first playthrough.

Depending on the path he took. There are easier bosses to build souls in with a lot more activity honestly, I never found anything with her. The NPC is useful to beat her though

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Depending on the path he took. There are easier bosses to build souls in with a lot more activity honestly, I never found anything with her. The NPC is useful to beat her though

He always died within seconds for me, which I found was ironic since his name
    is Tark, similar to Tarkus in the first game who was a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So I'm a bit stuck. There are three bosses in my way. The pursuer just after the giant boss, The Gargoyles and the Giant dog thing (can't think of his name) I'm down to a half health bar and have no Effigy's to turn me back to human.

Any suggestions?

weiland79 wrote: »
    So I'm a bit stuck. There are three bosses in my way. The pursuer just after the giant boss, The Gargoyles and the Giant dog thing (can't think of his name) I'm down to a half health bar and have no Effigy's to turn me back to human.

Any suggestions?

All three are optional (assuming the giant dog thing is in the doors of Pharros?) :D

You could try getting summoned which should turn you back to human if you're successful.

Also get your hands on a ring of life protection, I'm in the middle of NG++ and haven't been hollow for about 150 hours of gameplay now and have about 6.5 million souls on me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any suggestions?

Stick on a ring of binding to bring your health up to 75%. Not sure but I think they are more or less all optional bosses, except kind of the Pursuer. By the Giant Dog I assume you mean the one in Pharros, so I'd say leave Gargoyles and Dog and focus on the Pursuer. When I'm stuck on a boss I like to start the fight with no intention of dishing out damage, just learn it's move set and then when you're comfortable with it attack when you get an opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Mickeroo wrote: »
    All three are optional (assuming the giant dog thing is in the doors of Pharros?) :D

You could try getting summoned which should turn you back to human if you're successful.

Also get your hands on a ring of life protection, I'm in the middle of NG++ and haven't been hollow for about 150 hours of gameplay now and have about 6.5 million souls on me :pac:

Optional or not i couldn't be progressing without sorting them out first now could I?:pac:
    I've been trying to get summoned but to no avail, also my summons stone doesn't always work outside the Gargoyles door, any idea why?

Optional or not i couldn't be progressing without sorting them out first now could I?:pac:
    I've been trying to get summoned but to no avail, also my summons stone doesn't always work outside the Gargoyles door, any idea why?

It's an invasion hotspot so mine's hit and miss too, sometimes I put one down and it disappears and i get invaded, other times nothing happens

Put your summon sign on the little bridge from the basement to the belfry luna door then wait in the basement, nobody will be able to invade you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Any suggestions?

If you missed the small white soapstone go back and get it. This will summon you to another world but its timed (I think, otherwise its based on killing certain enemies). You will get a mooth and silky stone for the effort but more importantly become human :D All without beating a boss or spending an age watching your summoner search every nook and cranny.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You don't get a smooth/silky stone for a summon, do you? I only ever get Tokens of...something or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Kiith wrote: »
    You don't get a smooth/silky stone for a summon, do you? I only ever get Tokens of...something or other.

You do for the Small White Soapstone. It's directly above the tower bonfire in the Forest of Giants.

Advertisement