Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Worth looking at every bit of wall in there UP and Down, I counted at least 6 secrets there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

there's a ladder by the white knight?!

i need to book another eye test, this lasek surgery is wearing off

When you go up ladder to where you face the first white knight. There is a area to the right which has a ladder leading up to two hollows and an archer. Before you climb that ladder you can look down and see the item. Just run and jump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

When you go up ladder to where you face the first white knight. There is a area to the right which has a ladder leading up to two hollows and an archer. Before you climb that ladder you can look down and see the item. Just run and jump.

oh yeah, that's where I was when I thought "no way in hell you'd be able to jump that"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Is there a more worrying sight than opening a door to reveal a big empty room with nothing in there but lots and lots of bloodstains..? Something's coming.

Is there a more worrying sight than opening a door to reveal a big empty room with nothing in there but lots and lots of bloodstains..? Something's coming.

whats weird is when you do that, see the bloodstains.. and then nothing happens

that just confuses the hell out of me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it a NG or NG+ thing I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

oh yeah, that's where I was when I thought "no way in hell you'd be able to jump that"

It can be made, quite comfortably with my guy, but its only ten throwing knives and 200 souls or something.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is it a NG or NG+ thing I wonder?

mebbe. does ng+ add new enemies in as well as make the existing ones harder?

im having a great time in my new game. I had such hassle in hedes tower the first time around.. well not hassle, but it was a serous challenge just getting to the bosses. I've got a bog standard club now, upgraded to +3 and i'm just roflcoptering through them all. it takes 3 hits and they're down, i can get all 3 in one go. they're actually easier to kill than the bog standard hollows you find around forest of the giants. it's crazy.
    i must have been using either the complete wrong weapon time in my first game, or I just hadn't bothered to upgrade anything at this point

--edit

omg, rofl
    i never exhausted the old hag merchants dialogue at the FOFG bonfire
    she sells unlimited ****ing lifegems, rofl. my god, the hassle I had with lifegems the last playthrough. I hardly ever used them I was so scared of running out. all for the ske of one or two more lines of dialogue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

mebbe. does ng+ add new enemies in as well as make the existing ones harder? ]

It adds a couple of NPC phantoms to different areas, and if you're a sinner, get ready for the arbiters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

mebbe. does ng+ add new enemies in as well as make the existing ones harder?
    NG+ adds new enemies and has one or two major changes that you have just got to experience for yourself.

• Advertisement

internet is so bad at my fathers house I can't summon or be summoned

i'm after losing so many souls, effigies and resins on the ruins bosses and lost sinner

everything was going so well until this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Shrine of Amana isn't even hard anymore it's just so incredibly boring. Seriously, wading through that water gets seriously grating, haven't played DS2 in 3 weeks, was looking forward to getting back into it. Picked up just about to take on the Mirror Knight...bet him, next area...Shrine of ****en Amana. Didn't even rage quit, just could not face it and turned it off.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

internet is so bad at my fathers house I can't summon or be summoned

i'm after losing so many souls, effigies and resins on the ruins bosses and lost sinner

everything was going so well until this

Go Heides and then toward the Iron King, it's a pretty easy route seeing as you know how to play, and the bosses are easy to solo. Tick you over for a few hours till you can summon again anyways

Shrine of Amana isn't even hard anymore it's just so incredibly boring. Seriously, wading through that water gets seriously grating, haven't played DS2 in 3 weeks, was looking forward to getting back into it. Picked up just about to take on the Mirror Knight...bet him, next area...Shrine of ****en Amana. Didn't even rage quit, just could not face it and turned it off.

Sigh.
    To be honest it's not a long area, once you've done it the first time it's not that bad in subsequent playthroughs. Just bring arrows.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    To be honest it's not a long area, once you've done it the first time it's not that bad in subsequent playthroughs. Just bring arrows.

I still have nightmares about the amount of time it took me 1st time pre-patch!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Shrine of Amana :mad: just made me rage quit i had 60k souls died right at the fog wall, made my way back got them died again rince and repeat two more times then i fell of the edge and drowned and lost about 90k :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Shrine of Amana :mad: just made me rage quit i had 60k souls died right at the fog wall, made my way back got them died again rince and repeat two more times then i fell of the edge and drowned and lost about 90k :mad:

It's frustrating but I think it's actually one of the better areas of the game. I like the risk/reward of the treasure hunting and the balance between the casters, the knights and the swamp creatures makes for a decent challenge unlike many other areas which are a cake walk.

I used a Magic Silverblack +5 shield, gives 88% Magic protection. That and the Spell Quartz Ring+2 (that you get right before the area) make it a lot easier.

holy ****ig ****
    the covetous demon ate me up and spat me back out, naked and with no weapons equipped!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

holy ****ig ****
    the covetous demon ate me up and spat me back out, naked and with no weapons equipped!

:D That happened to me too on NG+, luckily I had a Sunbro helping me. I got a message afterwards
    commending me on continuing to fight with my bare fists.
    Probably the funniest experience I've had with the game.

that's one thing I actually really miss about GWFL. being able to easily message someone after some co op or an invasion

• Advertisement

that's one thing I actually really miss about GWFL. being able to easily message someone after some co op or an invasion
    Yeah, definitely miss that. You can't even post on peoples profile pages as most of them are private. It would be nice if From implemented a simple system but it doesn't fit the game aesthetic I suppose.

holy ****ig ****
    I panicked so much when this happened to me at first...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I panicked so much when this happened to me at first...

Lol, can you get your stuff back?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lol, can you get your stuff back?

Yeah it's still in your inventory. I was very worried at the time though, so relieved when checked my inventory after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sometimes the level design in this boggles my mind. Just before you find Cale, there is an alternate path that is just a ****ing hole to fall down. Why why why. I guess that boulder has to go somewhere.

There is a door in the last bastille soon after the blacksmith bonfire that leads to nothing but death. gg game designers. I picture them putting some things in and giggling to themselves.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Sometimes the level design in this boggles my mind. Just before you find Cale, there is an alternate path that is just a ****ing hole to fall down. Why why why. I guess that boulder has to go somewhere.

There is a door in the last bastille soon after the blacksmith bonfire that leads to nothing but death. gg game designers. I picture them putting some things in and giggling to themselves.

From Software are trolls.

Where's the door in Lost Bastille? I don't remember that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Where's the door in Lost Bastille? I don't remember that at all.

Coming out of McDuff bonfire: Follow the path up killing dogs/scythe guys, only open path is to the right where a door leads to a swarm of royal guards who can easily overwhelm you. Through that door is a few stairwars and a path to the three Ruin Sentinels boss. There is a door you can open in that area which seems to serve absolutely no purpose than a fall to death. I haven't tested it yet though.

Coming out of McDuff bonfire: Follow the path up killing dogs/scythe guys, only open path is to the right where a door leads to a swarm of royal guards who can easily overwhelm you. Through that door is a few stairwars and a path to the three Ruin Sentinels boss. There is a door you can open in that area which seems to serve absolutely no purpose than a fall to death. I haven't tested it yet though.

I initially thought that was a shortcut and you could jump in the door from the outside. Doesn't seem possible though.

Logically it makes no sense but from a gameplay point of view I think it might be if someone is legging it from the hordes of Royal Guards they mightn't look before they leap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It is a shortcut. Leave the door open and you can jump in from above. It's a bit tricky though.

Advertisement