Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

A search on the wiki reveals that:

If you look down into the chasm you will see an odd closed door built into the wall. Opening that from the other side leads to a shortcut to the next boss fight. You can's use it now but, once open, simply run forward toward the open door and continue pressing forward while falling

Following the hall leads to the Ruin Sentinels : Alessia, Ricce & Yahim Boss Fight. Heading down from the large room that prompted the knight swarm will lead to the door in the wall mentioned above as a shortcut(a shortcut to heaven! DO NOT enter this door or you will fall to death).

I guess there is a ladder or something up to that door? I'll have to check it out later if that means I can practise against that boss without going through the royal guards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Grimebox wrote: »
    A search on the wiki reveals that:
    I guess there is a ladder or something up to that door? I'll have to check it out later if that means I can practise against that boss without going through the royal guards
    That roll is hard to do I find. It's much easier to just walk around.

If you just run in, fall off straight downstairs, run for ladder, then run for fog gate, they won't try to follow you, and you can prepare before you enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It is a shortcut. Leave the door open and you can jump in from above. It's a bit tricky though.

A complete bollox of a shortcut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

penev10 wrote: »
    I initially thought that was a shortcut and you could jump in the door from the outside. Doesn't seem possible though.

You can, did it about 2-3 times, the first times I tried, after that kept missing it so gave up, it makes the run to the sentinals much quicker if you can master it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's less awesome than just putting a random door to nowhere in a random spot

i was kinda on board with that design choice

• Advertisement

strafing around huntsmans copse, keeping an eye on things so I dont walk off the edge

uncontrollable sneeze

walk off the edge

that was a great 20 seconds of humanity

Found that shortcut. It's not that hard. I find it best to sprint at a slight angle away from the open door so you don't land on it. I lost all my humanity attempts to the boss with the npc summon. It's just too hard when it eventually becomes a 2 on 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Found that shortcut. It's not that hard. I find it best to sprint at a slight angle away from the open door so you don't land on it. I lost all my humanity attempts to the boss with the npc summon. It's just too hard when it eventually becomes a 2 on 1

With the caster npc? The sentinels?

think he means the looking glass knight
    he is indeed a pain in the sack

i joined the bell keepers, the simple joy of invading someone elses game and ruining their day. beautiful

also all those chunnks, +9 all the things

With the caster npc? The sentinels?

Yeah that's the one. For the first sentinel, I just block everything while the npc kills him. Then the bastard npc jumps down. So I've tried two things from here; use my bow to damage them as much as possible in an attempt to kill one off from above. I haven't managed to focus one down due to the npc running underneath the platform I'm on so I can't see the enemies. Or I jump down with him. I can barely fight one on my own so this just ends in disaster every time.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's the one. For the first sentinel, I just block everything while the npc kills him. Then the bastard npc jumps down. So I've tried two things from here; use my bow to damage them as much as possible in an attempt to kill one off from above. I haven't managed to focus one down due to the npc running underneath the platform I'm on so I can't see the enemies. Or I jump down with him. I can barely fight one on my own so this just ends in disaster every time.

I kill the first guy, with the help of the overpowered ( :D ) NPC. Then pop on a life gem, jump down so it heals me. NPC jumps down and blasts away at the other two. Drawing their attention while I stab from behind :D That NPC is a total beast.

Hrmm... I seem to get killed in the ensuing melee if I jump down with him.

Hrmm... I seem to get killed in the ensuing melee if I jump down with him.

what kind of character do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does anyone else get constantly signed out of PSN? Just the last few days, I get signed out every 10/15 minutes, and it takes as long to sign in again. It's not my Internet because it'll still work fine on phone and laptop at the same time? Really annoying when it happens outside a fog gate :(

I've soloed it twice as a melee player. Get something like lightning pine resin or magic weapon and use a 100% physical defence shield like the Drangleic Shield. Take your time and try to bait one so that the other is clear to hit. Really take your time and don't try to attack too many times. If you are good at rolling, it's a big help. Try to keep them both in your view at all times. It's a great fight even if it can be tough solo.

what kind of character do you play?

Erm... you see I'm a bit of a noob so I level whatever I feel like. I'm attempting a dex build I guess. I level everything except intelligence, faith and attunement. So ignoring magic altogether. I use the Heide Knight Sword upgraded along with some shield and whatever armour that keeps me under 70% weight.

Yeah I suck at rolling.

Erm... you see I'm a bit of a noob so I level whatever I feel like. I'm attempting a dex build I guess. I level everything except intelligence, faith and attunement. So ignoring magic altogether. I use the Heide Knight Sword upgraded along with some shield and whatever armour that keeps me under 70% weight.

Yeah I suck at rolling.

I'm the same. When people go on about str/vit/fth builds I'm like wat?? I understand sword/shield/bow talk :D

I run pretty similar to you so. Just try keeping your distance, let them beat the daylights out of your man and try get a few sneaky attacks in. They should lose interest in you once your man blasts them with the big arrow thing.*

*I'm terrible at rpg jargon.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Yeah I suck at rolling.

Maybe go and level up your armour and weapons? Head through Huntsman's Copse as soon as you can, as you can get titanite from the fat green undead in Earthen Peak, large titanite shards from ironclad knights in Iron Keep, and titanite chunks from Belfry Luna. You can also get amazing armour and a brilliant dex sword from the Alonne Knights in Iron Keep! Also, if you're avoiding using magic, I really recommend using a good crossbow to punish at range! See below for a really great early crossbow that's already levelled up! :)

Maybe go and level up your armour and weapons? Head through Huntsman's Copse as soon as you can, as you can get titanite from the fat green undead in Earthen Peak, large titanite shards from ironclad knights in Iron Keep, and titanite chunks from Belfry Luna. You can also get amazing armour and a brilliant dex sword from the Alonne Knights in Iron Keep! Also, if you're avoiding using magic, I really recommend using a good crossbow to punish at range! See below for a really great early crossbow that's already levelled up! :)

I haven't been there yet. I might just ignore the boss and continue through the Huntsman's Copse. I managed to beat the Old Dragonslayer so I'm happy enough with that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm a bit unsure where to go next.
    I've killed the last sinner etc. Got to the shaded forest or whatever it's called. However I don't know where to get the branch thing to bring the statue to life and get the key.
    I'm a bit stuck where to go now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

quarryman wrote: »
    I've killed the last sinner etc. Got to the shaded forest or whatever it's called. However I don't know where to get the branch thing to bring the statue to life and get the key.

The lion mage statue is it? Have you cleared iron keep and the gutter/black gulch too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The lion mage statue is it? Have you cleared iron keep and the gutter/black gulch too?

Haven't got to either of those areas. Can you give me an idea of how to get to them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Haven't got to either of those areas. Can you give me an idea of how to get to them?

Down the hole in Majula for the gutter and black gulch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

...snip....

That is one funky jump he tries O_o I find a regular jump with a plunging attack the way to go. The shortcut in the lost Bastille with the door is weird, never would have noticed it was a shortcut if it wasn't mentioned here, I find just holding up will get you in the door, no rolling or angles just walk straight :)

You didn't mention Huntmans copse or the Valley, did you go back to Majula and down to the round room where there was a contraption on the wall? You passed through here to get to the area with the Blue cathedral and Heides tower of flame. You will now be able to head the other direction :)
    Just incase you missed it.

Danonino. wrote: »
    That is one funky jump he tries O_o I find a regular jump with a plunging attack the way to go. The shortcut in the lost Bastille with the door is weird, never would have noticed it was a shortcut if it wasn't mentioned here, I find just holding up will get you in the door, no rolling or angles just walk straight :)

I seem to land on top of the protruding door if I don't take a slight angle

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah down the hole in majula for black gulch and the gutter, but go for iron keep first
    as you'll find someone to provide ladders for the hole in majula on that path
    . You get to that by following the tunnel for heide's tower and paying the miracle lady to open the path to huntsman's copse. Both these will give you another branch of yore.
    one will be on the ground at the start of black gulch and another you'll be able to buy from a merchant in iron keep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

There is also two branches in the area between the Iron Keep and The Copse.

Dark Souls 2 on PC is VAC enabled. People online saying its possible that you could get banned for using graphical mods, thus i stopped using GeDoSaTo. Game looks so washed out i turned it off after 15 minutes :(

There is also two branches in the area between the Iron Keep and The Copse.

Dark Souls 2 on PC is VAC enabled. People online saying its possible that you could get banned for using graphical mods, thus i stopped using GeDoSaTo. Game looks so washed out i turned it off after 15 minutes :(
    Why the game is VAC enabled is beyond me. Thought that was only Source games. there's been VAC controversies since the game released, would be incredibly stupid to ban people for wanting the game to look better.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3299195272212596752/490DDAF28BC366B4841D8E635D7776C0D92AF053/1024x600.resizedimage

Especially with some problems like this!

every ****ing swing the looking glass knight does tracks you

what the ****

• Advertisement

every ****ing swing the looking glass knight does tracks you

what the ****
    Huh? Pretty much every attack he does is very easily avoided if you know your rolling. He's not tough after that

Advertisement