Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

COYVB wrote: »
    looks like may or late april

NOT from the devs (they've STILL not gotten back to me with their interview answers), but rather we were invited to an event in vegas in april that's got pre-release hands on time with the game. based on the date and the way these things work, i'd wager release 3-6 weeks thereafter

Ah Jaysus wept! I hope its not that long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I'm gonna get this :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like it's PS3 in that case. Don't think i can wait that long for it to be released on the pc, especially with everyone talking about it. I just hope they don't come along in 6 months and complain about the pc sales. Of course sales will suffer with a game like this if you wait up to 2 after the console release.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd imagine they are worried about the mass piracy if they released on the PC at the same time. At least they will make there money initially, as many who would (and may have pirated) for the PC, will buy for the PS3 and Xbox 360 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks like it's PS3 in that case. Don't think i can wait that long for it to be released on the pc, especially with everyone talking about it. I just hope they don't come along in 6 months and complain about the pc sales. Of course sales will suffer with a game like this if you wait up to 2 after the console release.

They'll make way more money by delaying the PC version. It would be stupid for them to release them at the same tme really. 4-6 weeks is pretty much an optimal delay for them from a business perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'll leave this here

Was that Nito at the 0:10 mark :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a lot of Dark Souls 1 in the trailer so don't take it as Nito making a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stupid advertisements mocking me with their sold-out Black Armour editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Really annoyed that pc version is delayed. No next gen version too.

I don't want to buy it for ps3 and then buying it again on pc.... I will be playing with 360 pad on 42inch TV pc version in a recliner chair. Ps3 is in bedroom and I cannot be ****ed bringing it to my mancave everytime i got a craving for dark souls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I hesitate to suggest it due to the horrific delivery times, but wow hd have black armour editions ...... you will be waiting on it though. 10-14 days after release for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why people are aftr that black edition? it is only hard case and soundtrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why people are aftr that black edition? it is only hard case and soundtrack?

Well..yeah, that's why :pac: am a sucker for a steelbook, and the artwork is pretty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

krudler wrote: »
    Well..yeah, that's why :pac: am a sucker for a steelbook, and the artwork is pretty

Posted the exact same response a page or so ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I liked the artwork book from Demon's and Dark souls. Would probably buy if it included that but i think they are selling a massive hardback artwork book separately. Might get it if i have the cash lying around

Ok, just got an order in an Amazon for the Black Armour on PS3.

Still showing as 'in stock' (well you know what I mean) at he moment.

EDIT: Its also 3 pounds cheaper than the Vanilla version..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What, it's out of stock again.

penev10 wrote: »
    ShaneU wrote: »
    What, it's out of stock again.

Literally a minute or two after I get my order in!

I hope they stick to it!

I am not going to get it until the 18th or possibly 19th anyway so thats a bit of a pain in the ass.

I really wanted it for the 14th.

If i pre-order it on PSN, it will pre-load won't it? Might just do it that way and play it immediately at launch. You also get the extra weapons there, not that i really want them.

If i pre-order it on PSN, it will pre-load won't it? Might just do it that way and play it immediately at launch. You also get the extra weapons there, not that i really want them.

If it does or if it doesn't pre-load, just hook your ps3 up with a wired connection and it'll be done in an hour.

I downloaded the Last of Us in the summer and on wireless it looked like it was going to take 7 hours.

Cancelled, plugged in the ethernet cable, and it was done in just over an hour. Defo worth, imo, to temporarily go wired for the big downloads.

I can't bring myself to pay 60 euro for a digital copy even if I would have it from day 1, when I can get the nice ediiton for 45 a few days later.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if i can just pick up the standard edition in store i might just do that. Already asked for the Friday off, and there's a Gamestop near enough to me. Will see over the next few days.

Yeah, if i can just pick up the standard edition in store i might just do that. Already asked for the Friday off, and there's a Gamestop near enough to me. Will see over the next few days.

I'll be ringing Gamestop as well.

I'll buy a second Armoured Edition if one somehow becomes available there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm only downloading the game and theme, the weapons download I have disabled.
    noodler wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to pay 60 euro for a digital copy even if I would have it from day 1, when I can get the nice ediiton for 45 a few days later.

I don't mind, I get to do some jolly co-operation with my son on his PS3.
    It's also a game I have no interest in trading in.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm only downloading the game and theme, the weapons download I have disabled.

Ah cool, glad that's an option as i don't want any advantage when starting off. At least not on my first playthrough.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last place I expected a Pixies song to be use:

I really hope all these lovely looking cut scenes are actually in the game.

Amazon black amrour back in stock PS3!!!!

noodler wrote: »
    Amazon black amrour back in stock PS3!!!!

gone again, seriously they're just trolling us now :pac:

really should have pre-ordered it, hope my local hmv and xtravision get some, tends to be a place people dont pre-order much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd like to get the collectors edition but without that figurine. I just don't get special editions with them. Where am I going to put it, in my room watching over me and protecting me from ever getting laid again?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are WowHD fairly reliable? I haven't used them since they were still called CDWow. It's only 43.99 on there. I'm kinda tempted since it's the same price for the standard edition.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd like to get the collectors edition but without that figurine. I just don't get special editions with them. Where am I going to put it, in my room watching over me and protecting me from ever getting laid again?

"be wary of virginity"

Advertisement