Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grimebox wrote: »
    Poise? It says the higher your poise, the less likely you are to be staggered. What exactly is staggered? Is this when your stamina is reduced to zero? Surely that happens regardless?

It's more about stun lock than staggering, when you get hit by some weapons or spells you will stagger a but. If youre against a wall you can get stuck in and they basically hack you until you die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I think I figured out some conclusive evidence on what it is in PvE by equipping/removing a ring. It is when your attack interrupts an enemies' attack making them stop in their tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Sorcerers Staff is the strongest staff, but it won't fire hexes, and it upgrades with Twinkling Titanite.

Infusing your staff with magic ups the damage on it
    Thought Staff of Wisdom was the strongest? It needs 50 INT just to use.

Magic Staff of Wisdom +5 does unfathomable magic damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If it's a faith build then the Dragon Chime is easily the best choice infused with lightning but it requires 50 FAI to use but it's worth it for the damage and cast times!
    You get it from completing the Pilgrams of Dark quest line or by killing Grandahl.

I'm in NG++ and at 10 million soul memory and I just can't find people to sunbro with. I need to get Sunlight spear but it's just not happening. Done my initial two play throughs solo and thought I'd have no problem getting the medals later but there's not many people co-oping at this soul memory on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Thought Staff of Wisdom was the strongest? It needs 50 INT just to use.

Magic Staff of Wisdom +5 does unfathomable magic damage.

Yeah sorry I'm mistaken, the Sorcerers Staff is the starting one! You're correct

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus ****ing christ, **** the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Big Knox wrote: »
    I'm in NG++ and at 10 million soul memory and I just can't find people to sunbro with. I need to get Sunlight spear but it's just not happening. Done my initial two play throughs solo and thought I'd have no problem getting the medals later but there's not many people co-oping at this soul memory on PC.

Ok turns out you can GET summoned as a sunbro quite easily at this soul memory, there's just not a lot of people putting down signs. Got the 10 or so medals I needed at Mytha just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus ****ing christ, **** the memories

Pain in the balls aren't they

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    Pain in the balls aren't they

Gave up fighting the giants and just sprinted to the gear.

Big Knox wrote: »

Covetous Demon and Looking Glass Knight always busy for me.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cydoniac/screenshots/
    I've been doing screenshots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You only need to complete the memory with the Giant Lord in it, the other 2 are optional. If you plan on fighting Vendrick, obviously complete the other 2 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Dunno if this has been posted, apologies if it has, but apparently the game has shipped 1.2m copies on console alone in the US/EU.

So that number doesn't include Japan or PC sales at all.

Awesome numbers.

Just an edit - the max concurrent users on Steam is about 80k so far. As a rule of thumb the number of sales is around 6-10 times the max concurrent users, so that would hint at a good 500k PC sales. That is an absolute guess though. Add in Japan and I'd say the game is at 2m.

The sales figures are here, pg 3:

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699EFBC88E88BB1EFBC89.pdf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

danthefan wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been posted, apologies if it has, but apparently the game has shipped 1.2m copies on console alone in the US/EU.

So that number doesn't include Japan or PC sales at all.

Awesome numbers.

So lets just assume 600K on PS and 600K on XB.

At this time there have been 235,709,416 deaths worldwide on the PS3.
    This equates to an average deaths of approx. 400 per person.

How come you count Japan separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Japan is pretty much it's own little market when it comes to Gaming. Very high numbers of the population engage in gaming in some form or another, primarily mobile gaming such as PSP/3DS etc. There are literally loads of titles that are made for the Japanese market specifically that never get released outside of Japan itself (unless you try import them). They can pretty much sustain their own market if they wanted.

How come you count Japan separately?

The publisher just released numbers for the EU/US, I have no idea why.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might be low sales in Japan. PS3 really isn't a presence anymore outside of otaku fans with handheld taking over the market.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Might be low sales in Japan. PS3 really isn't a presence anymore outside of otaku fans with handheld taking over the market.

The Media Create sales figures have the PS3 version at around 330k I think, as of the middle of April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Is there any reason to keep the mini boss souls. Met the harpy and all but cant see why id keep them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

danthefan wrote: »
    The Media Create sales figures have the PS3 version at around 330k I think, as of the middle of April.

That's pretty great sales considering Yakuza 4 barely got over half a million and would be the biggest game on the system.

• Advertisement

Are some items capped at holding a maximum of 10?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

..... never noticed anything like that

99 is the limit as far as I can see. Dragon scales and effigies are stuck there for me.

Ah just something that crossed my mind as a lot of vendors start with 10 of an item and I had 10 human effigies for a long time. I was thinking maybe new ones got discarded without me noticing

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone figure out on their own that you were supposed to burn the windmill blades in the Earthen Peak?

Ah just something that crossed my mind as a lot of vendors start with 10 of an item and I had 10 human effigies for a long time. I was thinking maybe new ones got discarded without me noticing

Some vendors items are capped at 10, for example green blossoms, you can buy a total of 20 from Magerold and Orniflex.
    But once you beat the final boss Orniflex sells an unlimited supply.

Do any vendors sell unlimited amber herb or any of the other ones that restore spell use?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do any vendors sell unlimited amber herb or any of the other ones that restore spell use?

Carhillion does.
    Orniflex too but again you have to kill final boss.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Carhillion does.
    Orniflex too but again you have to kill final boss.

Cool, guess I'll respec and get Carhilion to Majula then.

• Advertisement

I love Ornifex's dialogue...

Advertisement