Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

F1ngers wrote: »
    So lets just assume 600K on PS and 600K on XB.

At this time there have been 235,709,416 deaths worldwide on the PS3.
    This equates to an average deaths of approx. 400 per person.

Id say Im bringing the average up with the amount of walking off ledges and stupid deaths Im getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think I had about 250 deaths in my first playthrough, about 100 in the next 2. Some of them were really stupid. I'll never get that no deaths ring...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

finally kill the giant lord after about 15 attempts and the **** swipes me with his sword one last time as he dies

It's a long time since I threw a controller in anger but I hope I've broken the ****ing thing now so I can't subject myself to this bull**** any longer

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

finally kill the giant lord after about 15 attempts and the **** swipes me with his sword one last time as he dies

It's a long time since I threw a controller in anger but I hope I've broken the ****ing thing now so I can't subject myself to this bull**** any longer

How were you fighting him? He's very easy if you go up on the ledge to the left and use ranged attacks.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How were you fighting him? He's very easy if you go up on the ledge to the left and use ranged attacks.

i ran out of poison arrows and I was too angry/stubborn to travel to himself and buy more.

• Advertisement

I just stayed around his legs with a crystal magic weapon, no problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only thing worse than dying on a boss is when everyone tells you how easy that boss is :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    The only thing worse than dying on a boss is when everyone tells you how easy that boss is :pac:

I know, right!?

I did have an awful lot of trouble with him the first time to be fair. Bring Benhart along to help.

benhart wasn't there for me, im pretty sure he never died for me the last time I summoned him but maybe he did

anyway, games over now. gona buy all the chunks and then start ng+

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img835/9751/2vm5.jpg

in this map of all the bonfire thingie locations

what's the up there at the top of the map with the ???'s ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

benhart wasn't there for me, im pretty sure he never died for me the last time I summoned him but maybe he did

anyway, games over now. gona buy all the chunks and then start ng+
    Take out all the NPCs?
    ;)
    ???'s ?

DLC maybe?

no, didnt kill the npcs. prob should have for invasions and stuff. I might kill one or two of the useless ones in ng+ early on

what's the up there at the top of the map with the ???'s ?
    Looks like that's in the spot where Shine of Amana/Undead Crypt is. Argh, I don't know. It just makes me mad about the world structure again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How it feels co-oping with someone really overpowered or better than you:

UuedhQX.gif

(Robbed from another site in reference to a different game but screw it, works for Dark Souls as well)

Oh yes. Exchange the sword for Sunlight Spear and that's pretty much it!

anyone else kinda bored by ng+ ?

i was the same in DS1, I cant really bring myself to play through it. I'd much rather start a new game than go through it all again with my upgraded weapons and stuff. im trying to force myself cos I know there's new enemies and souls and stuff but.. meeeehh

i was the same in DS1, I cant really bring myself to play through it. I'd much rather start a new game than go through it all again with my upgraded weapons and stuff. im trying to force myself cos I know there's new enemies and souls and stuff but.. meeeehh
    Nah, I love it, there's one or two moments that are dramatically different from NG that really give you a jump, but they're closer to the second half of the game. Also, there are some really rare armour sets you can get your hands on if you're patient...

p52Sk0R.png

I only have half of it, quite tough to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

You could just start with a new character and use Bonfire Ascetics a lot? Thats what I plan to do.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

penev10 wrote: »
    You could just start with a new character and use Bonfire Ascetics a lot? Thats what I plan to do.

Why ascetic when you can join the covenant of champions?

Why ascetic when you can join the covenant of champions?
    Does that +1 all bonfires?

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Does that +1 all bonfires?

No but it makes the game a lot harder. I don't think the phantoms and that will be there.

think ill just uninstall the game actually. one and 3/4 playthroughs is enough, might come back to it later in the year.

You should try getting into the PvP before you uninstall it's much better than the first game in that regard imo even if the soul memory system doesn't work.

No but it makes the game a lot harder. I don't think the phantoms and that will be there.

Ah right. Its the extra enemies I'd be after and the extra boss souls. MAybe I'll do both :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

sure you can also reset your souls at the old fire maidens that you meet at the start of the game, so no harm trying a different build for ng+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Nah, I love it, there's one or two moments that are dramatically different from NG that really give you a jump, but they're closer to the second half of the game. Also, there are some really rare armour sets you can get your hands on if you're patient...

p52Sk0R.png

I only have half of it, quite tough to get.

Strange they didn't include the piercing shield :(

Danonino. wrote: »
    Strange they didn't include the piercing shield :(
    I thought that alright! Was hoping to do PvP with 2 piercing shields and confuse the hell out of everyone when they realise I can block and do damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just cleared Undead Crypt and as I was warping back to Majula I realised I hadn't been to Undead Purgatory so I said feck it easy souls. I have never done online pvp for some reason, I just assumed I'd be really bad and it'd just be a waste of time and I'd get annoyed.

But I joined for the hell of it and did 2 duels. My 1st two duels ever in a DS game and I won both of them!

Duel wield caestus seems to confuse the hell out of people and when you use the L1 attack it seems to stun lock them every time so you can just mash away :D I do have the stone ring on though. But still, yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

22 hours in and I finally get to play online! They patched the VAC related bug.

After playing offline for so long I have to admit though, I don't care for the messages written on the ground. They add nothing to the game, they take away from immersion if anything.

So where do I go or what do I do to get involved with PvP asap?

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    22 hours in and I finally get to play online! They patched the VAC related bug.

After playing offline for so long I have to admit though, I don't care for the messages written on the ground. They add nothing to the game, they take away from immersion if anything.

So where do I go or what do I do to get involved with PvP asap?
    The fastest way to do it is get enough health to drop down the well, or get to Belfry Luna
    (it's a hidden lockstone under Servant's Quarters bonfire at Lost Bastille)
    You could also go to Huntsman's Copse and up the bridge to Undead Purgatory for the blood covenant.

Advertisement